Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sears

CHAR-BROIL Grill2Go X200 Portable Propane Grill

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2017 10:23 pm
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
695 posts
958 upvotes
Chilliwack, BC

[Sears] CHAR-BROIL Grill2Go X200 Portable Propane Grill

It looks as if Sears has a clearance sale going on for BBQ's. Sale price $139.95.

200 square inch primary cooking area
5 years on Burners, 1 year on Grates / Emitters, 5 years on Lid / Firebox, 1 year on all other parts
9500 BTUs
23.7 inch - w. x 15.7 inch - d. x 13.6 inch - h
Lid-Mounted Temperature Gauge. Keep track of pre-heat status and monitor the inside temperature of your grill
A portable gas grill designed for camping, tailgating and grilling on the go. Compact size and weight, with a latching lid
1 stainless steel burner
Cast aluminium firebox Plastic legs and handle. Stainless steel grate

ABOUT THIS PRODUCT

Get compact portability and TRU-Infrared grilling that goes where you go. A push button ignition and durable construction give you reliable performance for juicier grilling results on the road.

DETAILS

Product weight (lb.) 25
Reference ID 650-10217-000
Exclusive To Sears No
Product width (in.) 15.7
Product depth (in.) 23.7
Product height (in.) 13.6
Sears Item Number 146729_I Item No. 146729_I
68 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2018 upvotes
Scarborough
When I look for a portable bbq I'm not just looking at the name but the BTU power. This one is 9500, I believe my weber q2200 is the same but it's not as powerful. The portable bbq at costco which is all stainless steel is 20k btu for about the same price pkus you get costco warranty.
Jun 13, 2011
784 posts
502 upvotes
OrangeBerry wrote: When I look for a portable bbq I'm not just looking at the name but the BTU power. This one is 9500, I believe my weber q2200 is the same but it's not as powerful. The portable bbq at costco which is all stainless steel is 20k btu for about the same price pkus you get costco warranty.
Aluminum > Stainless.
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1295 posts
568 upvotes
North York, ON
Bought the Char Broil Grill2Go X200 a little over a month ago- price matched BB. An amazing barbecue because it uses infra red heat. Meats far juicier and heats up in less than 3 minutes. Well built, no flare ups and converted to use a 20 lb tank. Because of the infra red every square inch can be utilized with NO hotspots. My only complaint is the temperature control doesn't work well with high temp the norm. Haven't had time but plan to resolve this issue eventually. Having cooked about 12 times on it I'm completely sold on Infra Red= quick, even, no flareups and best of all far more juicier meat than I ever experienced. If buying just remember the heat control is terrible....benefits far outweigh the con.
Forgot to mention also has an easy to remove large grease pan/ catcher underneath- works really well.

Last edited by magoot on Jul 7th, 2017 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
2507 posts
1867 upvotes
Toronto
I have the same BBQ, works great. Just remember to set the heat control a little lower than you normally would since its so efficient.
20 Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1236 posts
2560 upvotes
+1 for infrared. I have a bigger Char-Broil TRU infrared BBQ and I love it! Meat is juicy and almost no flare-ups.
.Long life Belarus!
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2018 upvotes
Scarborough
magoot wrote: Bought the Char Broil Grill2Go X200 a little over a month ago- price matched BB. An amazing barbecue because it uses infra red heat. Meats far juicier and heats up in less than 3 minutes. Well built, no flare ups and converted to use a 20 lb tank. Because of the infra red every square inch can be utilized with NO hotspots. My only complaint is the temperature control doesn't work well with high temp the norm. Haven't had time but plan to resolve this issue eventually. Having cooked about 12 times on it I'm completely sold on Infra Red= quick, even, no flareups and best of all far more juicier meat than I ever experienced. If buying just remember the heat control is terrible....benefits far outweigh the con.
Forgot to mention also has an easy to remove large grease pan/ catcher underneath- works really well.

Driftwood wrote: I have the same BBQ, works great. Just remember to set the heat control a little lower than you normally would since its so efficient.

Does this grill manage to heat up to 1,000 degrees? My q2200 can't go past 600 and that's leaving it on for 20 minutes. I might jump on this if the infrared can get temp this high or higher. Thanks
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2003
1558 posts
734 upvotes
Anyone know how long one of those green tanks would last with this grill?
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1295 posts
568 upvotes
North York, ON
OrangeBerry wrote: Does this grill manage to heat up to 1,000 degrees? My q2200 can't go past 600 and that's leaving it on for 20 minutes. I might jump on this if the infrared can get temp this high or higher. Thanks
Heats to 700 in 3 minutes. It's a different kind of cooking as compared to traditional barbecues, is very hot and I don't think I'd want it any higher temp wise. Like I said we're completely sold on Infra Red and will never go back to traditional grills. Biggest diff is the juiciness of the meat. If a more expensive Infra Red barbecue goes on sale I'd prolly buy it as this model is a budget/ entry level IR barbecue.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2018 upvotes
Scarborough
magoot wrote: Bought the Char Broil Grill2Go X200 a little over a month ago- price matched BB. An amazing barbecue because it uses infra red heat. Meats far juicier and heats up in less than 3 minutes. Well built, no flare ups and converted to use a 20 lb tank. Because of the infra red every square inch can be utilized with NO hotspots. My only complaint is the temperature control doesn't work well with high temp the norm. Haven't had time but plan to resolve this issue eventually. Having cooked about 12 times on it I'm completely sold on Infra Red= quick, even, no flareups and best of all far more juicier meat than I ever experienced. If buying just remember the heat control is terrible....benefits far outweigh the con.

Where did you buy the conversion? How much was it? Thanks
Jan 27, 2015
443 posts
544 upvotes
King City, ON
Got the last one at Sears in Upper Canada Mall in Newmarket ON. It was the display, so she offered another $15 off. It only seemed to be missing the scraper. At the cash, the manager said she was disappointed as she had wanted to snag it. She said her brother uses his a lot. Now I just need to convert it to plug into the natural gas outlet outside my house; I haven't used a gas grill yet, as I have always done charcoal.
Aug 27, 2008
652 posts
175 upvotes
montreal
OrangeBerry wrote: Where did you buy the conversion? How much was it? Thanks
I just bought this and don't know which conversion hose to get, I'm looking for a link as well!
Oct 19, 2012
172 posts
86 upvotes
Montr
I got this for about $120 something price matching somewhere to lowes, forget where. It gets incredibly hot, like 800 degrees really fast. And the heat is so well distributed. I'm definitely a convert to this infrared thing. I don't know if it will stand the test of time but it's really good for the price. A little bit annoying to clean though

As far as adapters there's a number of them out there, this is the one I use https://www.amazon.com/Char-Broil-4-Foo ... B000H25P42
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2007
5145 posts
21531 upvotes
Toronto
3 weeks ago I bought a 16.000BTU Portable NextGrill bbq for camping and such. $99 @ Home Depot
Tried a few things on it and everything turned out pretty good. Heat distribution is pretty equal and the grill size is enough to make a good portion in 1 shot.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.2-bu ... 46759.html
Images
  • IMG_1449.JPG
  • IMG_1452.JPG
  • IMG_1454.JPG
Oct 22, 2012
452 posts
836 upvotes
tonedcarrot wrote: Sign up for their email list and get $10 off.
Unfortunately the $10 off can only be applied to regular-priced merchandise. This is already discounted for "clearance."
Still, looks like a great grill! Thanks OP!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)