Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 25, 2006
287 posts
94 upvotes
Ottawa

[Sears] Sears - Men's Levis 501 Jeans - $39.99

This weekend, Sears is selling their men's Levis 501 jeans for $39.99, regular $80 - $95. Great price for these jeans. The sale runs from Friday Dec 2nd - Sunday, Dec 4th.
33 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2004
1654 posts
206 upvotes
Nepean
marksmithy69 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2011 11:10 am
This weekend, Sears is selling their men's Levis 501 jeans for $39.99, regular $80 - $95. Great price for these jeans. The sale runs from Friday Dec 4th - Sunday, Dec 4th.

A good deal for sure. F.Y.I. they were also this price last weekend as part of the Black Friday sale. I picked up a couple of pairs. And if you miss this sale, they are $50.99 from the online catalog
http://www.sears.ca/product/levis-red-t ... 00501-2204
Wrocky
Jan 27, 2009
185 posts
19 upvotes
Just a question. What's the difference between a $90 pair of jeans and a $20 pair of jeans?
I'm here.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2009
4418 posts
69 upvotes
bmaninc wrote:
Dec 1st, 2011 11:31 am
Just a question. What's the difference between a $90 pair of jeans and a $20 pair of jeans?

the brand name! :D
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2009
1030 posts
132 upvotes
Burlington
bmaninc wrote:

I've got a $90 pair of Levis that I bought on sale for about $50, and around the same time I bought a pair of $50 jeans from Bluenotes on sale for about $25. The main difference I've noticed between the two is that the Bluenotes jeans seem to be made of thinner denim material than the Levis, and they have faded more as well.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1225 posts
340 upvotes
bmaninc wrote:

Truthfully, the primary difference is that I know exactly what size to buy without even trying them on. I can just grab a pair based on the waist and inseam measures and head to the cash.

A no-name brand from WalMart or Zellers costs less, but then I'd have to try them on to see whether they fit is appropriate for my body shape, and then I'd probably need to try 2 or 3 pairs to see whether the waist and inseam are just right.

It's not a big deal, but the $40 pair is just way easier and more pleasant than horsing around with trying on clothes at WalMart. But it is true that it's an expensive convenience.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2007
2921 posts
76 upvotes
- The Material
- The fitting (ie: quality of craftsmanship)
- The style

You'll often notice v.cheap jeans don't have much style. You won't get the nice washed patterns. Most are default straight jeans if not, work jeans (meaning it's extremely wide) making you look like a stick man in Santa's pants.

I spend a bit more on clothes in general to get a better fit that gives a better overall appearance based on your body shape. The material is for comfort and how appropriate it is for the type of weather within the season and the style of course.
My Feedbacks: My Heatware Ebay
Jan 19, 2005
540 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
Phantasm wrote:
Dec 1st, 2011 11:53 am
I've got a $90 pair of Levis that I bought on sale for about $50, and around the same time I bought a pair of $50 jeans from Bluenotes on sale for about $25. The main difference I've noticed between the two is that the Bluenotes jeans seem to be made of thinner denim material than the Levis, and they have faded more as well.

+1

I've noticed that too. There's is a noticeable difference in the material and quality of Levi's versus other cheaper brands.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2005
1557 posts
77 upvotes
Collingwood
iconicrocket wrote:
Dec 1st, 2011 7:05 pm
+1

I've noticed that too. There's is a noticeable difference in the material and quality of Levi's versus other cheaper brands.
I agree, Levis have always been a quality budget jean to me. That said I would sale levi quality has dropped off a bit. I buy usually levis and silvers and have found the silvers last about 50% longer. Problem is silver always messes with there cut.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2004
1821 posts
243 upvotes
And so who makes the Kirkland jeans sold at Costco. They seem to be good quality and at a good price. Could be Levi knockoffs?
Dec 1, 2008
312 posts
7 upvotes
Do they have 36 long jeans yet? :(
Fire burning inside my eyes
This the music that saved my life
Y’all be calling it hip-hop
I be calling it hypnotize
Nov 7, 2010
980 posts
221 upvotes
Aurora
bmaninc wrote:
Try this:

Take your $20 no-name pair and a telephone and call the manufacturer's customer service about a problem with the jeans. Not the retailer, the manufacturer.

Do the same with the Levi Strauss product.

What were the results of the phone calls?

Admittedly you can just return the Costco jeans. But if manufacturer support is important at all to you, stick with the Levi Strauss.
Jan 27, 2007
536 posts
78 upvotes
Calgary
bmaninc wrote:

You're kidding, right? What's the difference between Toyota Corolla and Aston Martin DBS, besides the price? Or what's the difference between cheap Alberta Vodka or Grey Goose?

QUALITY!!!!

For example, I still have a pair of Diesel jeans bought in 1998, and still looking good...so made in Italy vs made in China-Walmart crap, it's up to you....
Yes, some will say I'll never buy pants that expensive but over the years you spent about the same amount of money on the crappy pants since you have to change them more often as they wear, wash out and tear more - that is if you care how you look, but a lot of the people don't I guess.....
Nov 24, 2004
501 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
Sopranos wrote:
Dec 1st, 2011 7:22 pm
You're kidding, right? What's the difference between Toyota Corolla and Aston Martin DBS, besides the price? Or what's the difference between cheap Alberta Vodka or Grey Goose?

QUALITY!!!!

For example, I still have a pair of Diesel jeans bought in 1998, and still looking good...so made in Italy vs made in China-Walmart crap, it's up to you....
Yes, some will say I'll never buy pants that expensive but over the years you spent about the same amount of money on the crappy pants since you have to change them more often as they wear, wash out and tear more - that is if you care how you look, but a lot of the people don't I guess.....
grey goose supposed to be good? :lol:

back to the topic, aren't 501 "dad jeans" like "mom jeans"
× < >