Expired Hot Deals

[Sears] Sears Optical, 50%, 55%, 60% off prescription glasses

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2008 5:48 am
Nov 2, 2008
501 posts
208 upvotes

[Sears] Sears Optical, 50%, 55%, 60% off prescription glasses

not sure if this is a repost, but I just went to Sears Optical today and saw this deal.

It's 50% off your first pair of prescription eyeglasses or prescription sunglasses, 55% off the second pair, 60% off the third pair.
You can buy from 1 to 3 complete pairs (frames & lenses). Biggest discount applies to cheapest pair of the three.

Valid on multiple prescriptions till Jan 02, 2009.

Edit: Pic
19 replies
[OP]
Nov 2, 2008
501 posts
208 upvotes
nope, it's for everybody :) I think this is a new sale, so it's not posted on the website yet. I went there and asked if the 2 for 1 sale was still on (the one posted on their website) and the salesperson said yes, but this is a better deal.
Mar 31, 2006
218 posts
76 upvotes
Edmonton
does anyone know how the quality of glasses from sears is?
Jun 29, 2008
361 posts
21 upvotes
i would say CRAP. my husband made the mistake of buying 2 pairs during the buy one get one free sale ,only to be driving along one day and have them literally fall apart on him. it had been only 2 months since we bought them, we brought them in to the store and they wouldn't do anything with them because it had been over the 30 day policy sears follows.

i got in contact with their district manager and had them replaced, but it was a LOT of headache that we shouldn't of had to go through after only having those glasses for 2 months!

so in my experience, i guess you can tell where we will NOT be buying our glasses again :D
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
4972 posts
231 upvotes
SEARS optical is COMPLETE CRAP!!! Like other have mentioned above, we bought 1 pair with all the upgrades +++

3 months down the line, the glasses starts to wear the anti-glare, anti-scratch, etc thingy off itself...it looked awkward even to wear them. They wouldn't budge and do anything. THEIR 1 YEAR POLICY is A SCAM!!!!

In contrast: I bought some from my mom n pop local shop a pair of glasses 4 years ago and they're still going strong NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER...

say NO to SEARS OPTICAL!!!!! Sears should also stop scamming shoppers of the HANDLING FEE
Achieva Financial / Tangerine / ZenBanx member
Loving the Zoomer Wireless/Cityfone Mobile Service 2 lines $36 Plan w. double promo (Rogers network)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2008
6955 posts
60 upvotes
Ottawa
macthehoser wrote:
Nov 14th, 2008 9:15 am
does anyone know how the quality of glasses from sears is?
I had ordered 2 pairs from them when they had the 2 for 1 sale on. This 50,55,60% off sale has been on a number of times.

I had HUGE problems with the glasses I got from them. I had to go back & forth to there about 11 times in total before I got fed up and just asked for my money back.

I bought 2 pairs of glasses, I asked for 1 pair of transitions, and 1 pair of normal glasses, and wanted all the standard coatings (anti-glare, anti-scratch, etc.). The glasses came in, and the transition pair didn't have the anti-glare coating. Both pairs made my vision funky, and I couldn't adjust. When I would look to the side, it would look like everything would condense. So I went back, and said this wasn't right. They said I was just still adjusting it. Also, the nose pads had been bothering my nose, so he adjusted them.

I gave it another week, still had the same problem. They finally decided to look at what was ordered, and said they used an "ultra-light plus" material which is supposed to increase peripheral vision while looking straight ahead. But if I looked to the side, everything got weird. So he switched it to a normal type of lens. I also didn't like the transitional, so I got that pair switched to a normal lens as well, and they refunded me that cost. He said he would switch the nose-pads when the new prescription came in.

Went back in, he switched the nose pads. A week later, I was seeing well, the new lenses were good, but the nose pads were leaving massive indents in my nose. So I went back in and he adjusted them again. They still bothered my nose just as bad. I got fed up and went back in and returned them, and it was the same girl working who sold me the glasses originally. I explained my reasons, and she said "Oh, these frames are smaller than your old ones, that is probably the problem." and she refunded my money. Why couldn't they have told me this BEFORE I had the nose pads adjusted like 5 times?

I get a call after from the guy who had done all the adjustments saying that when the girl refunded me the money, she refunded me too much, so I needed to go back in and pay the $100 back that she had refunded me over. I did just so I wouldn't have to deal with them again.
Jun 29, 2008
361 posts
21 upvotes
oh, so apparently it wasn't just us who had issues with them LOL!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 28, 2005
6044 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure what's wrong for the other users here, but my wife got her pair at Markville's Sears more than a year ago (Sep 07) and is still loving it very much.

The only thing at Sears Optical is their prices are way overpriced, so it would take at least 30% off to be okay.

Her pair was at 40% off then, and paid about $350 with a Nicole Miller frame. She also picked the top (a.k.a. most enpensive possible) single vision lens. Not sure if that matters.
[OP]
Nov 2, 2008
501 posts
208 upvotes
haha, is it that bad? I'm in the market for glasses so was just looking around. I found that Sears prices were more acceptable than other places around the Eaton Center area (Sterling and Lenscrafter). I might just try Sears anyway cos I found a pair I like, and the 50% off seems quite good, but I'll look around a bit more.

Any suggestion of a good place? And how much is reasonable for a pair of glasses? I'm aware of the $38 deal at ClearlyContacts but I'd prefer trying them on before buying.
Jun 1, 2005
271 posts
1 upvote
I bought a pair at Sears about 4 or 5 years ago, and they were great. I had looked around for ages to find the frames that I liked, just happened to check them out, and they were there. The selection isn't great, I just got lucky. They were great glasses, and never had any problem with them. But, now I buy my glasses from Zenni optical (see the other chain about cheap glasses). So far I have bought 3 pairs (one tinted) with a combined price of less then half what I spent at sears.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2008
1319 posts
13 upvotes
so this is not hotter than the clearlycontacts.ca ads, i see...

oh and, STOP BLOGGING LOSERS, wrong forum?
;)
Mar 31, 2006
218 posts
76 upvotes
Edmonton
TorontoEh wrote:
Nov 14th, 2008 9:30 am
SEARS optical is COMPLETE CRAP!!! Like other have mentioned above, we bought 1 pair with all the upgrades +++

3 months down the line, the glasses starts to wear the anti-glare, anti-scratch, etc thingy off itself...it looked awkward even to wear them. They wouldn't budge and do anything. THEIR 1 YEAR POLICY is A SCAM!!!!

In contrast: I bought some from my mom n pop local shop a pair of glasses 4 years ago and they're still going strong NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER...

say NO to SEARS OPTICAL!!!!! Sears should also stop scamming shoppers of the HANDLING FEE
how much do they charge for the handling fee?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2008
6955 posts
60 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm not sure, but when I bought mine at 2 for 1, I paid ~$400. The frames were $120, the lenses/handling fees/coatings were the rest. Adding transitional was an extra $100
Mar 31, 2006
218 posts
76 upvotes
Edmonton
angekfire wrote:
Nov 14th, 2008 9:30 am
I had ordered 2 pairs from them when they had the 2 for 1 sale on. This 50,55,60% off sale has been on a number of times.

I had HUGE problems with the glasses I got from them. I had to go back & forth to there about 11 times in total before I got fed up and just asked for my money back.

I bought 2 pairs of glasses, I asked for 1 pair of transitions, and 1 pair of normal glasses, and wanted all the standard coatings (anti-glare, anti-scratch, etc.). The glasses came in, and the transition pair didn't have the anti-glare coating. Both pairs made my vision funky, and I couldn't adjust. When I would look to the side, it would look like everything would condense. So I went back, and said this wasn't right. They said I was just still adjusting it. Also, the nose pads had been bothering my nose, so he adjusted them.

I gave it another week, still had the same problem. They finally decided to look at what was ordered, and said they used an "ultra-light plus" material which is supposed to increase peripheral vision while looking straight ahead. But if I looked to the side, everything got weird. So he switched it to a normal type of lens. I also didn't like the transitional, so I got that pair switched to a normal lens as well, and they refunded me that cost. He said he would switch the nose-pads when the new prescription came in.

Went back in, he switched the nose pads. A week later, I was seeing well, the new lenses were good, but the nose pads were leaving massive indents in my nose. So I went back in and he adjusted them again. They still bothered my nose just as bad. I got fed up and went back in and returned them, and it was the same girl working who sold me the glasses originally. I explained my reasons, and she said "Oh, these frames are smaller than your old ones, that is probably the problem." and she refunded my money. Why couldn't they have told me this BEFORE I had the nose pads adjusted like 5 times?

I get a call after from the guy who had done all the adjustments saying that when the girl refunded me the money, she refunded me too much, so I needed to go back in and pay the $100 back that she had refunded me over. I did just so I wouldn't have to deal with them again.
Did you get the 1.67 lens before you switched to normal lens? I have high prescriptions so normal lens would look very thick.
× < >