• Dec 29th, 2016 12:52 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2179 posts
1895 upvotes
Paradise

[Sears] Sears Boxing Day Flyer

Sears Boxing Day Flyer, trying out the RFD image system.
18 replies
Feb 25, 2013
15 posts
8 upvotes
Barrie
Take caution buying anything to be delivered from Sears Canada this year.
The complaints are too numerous to ignore. They implemented a new computer system before December and In Stock and Shipping Times are False!
Hundreds of complaints on their Facebook page of undelivered Christmas presents ordered as 'In Stock' as far back as November.
Getting a refund for undelivered items can take up to 2 months. People are reporting unauthorized charges of 70 dollars when they try to cancel an order.
Customer service is in Philippines and they seem lost as to whats happening or getting accurate info on lost undelivered items due to the failed new computer system.
Feb 25, 2013
15 posts
8 upvotes
Barrie
News Article on Sears:
"Customers are not happy with Sears Canada after orders placed as far back as November remain undelivered.
As Christmas Day nears, the company's Facebook page has been inundated with customers complaining of packages that have not even shipped before their estimated arrival date.
It seems shoppers are also not so pleased about the company's response concerning the delay.
Link: "Sears Canada in hot water over undelivered Christmas gifts
Penalty Box
Jul 2, 2016
356 posts
141 upvotes
What The Sears, just took a whole new meaning. Time for this dinosaur of a store to be put out to pasture.
Jul 25, 2007
421 posts
60 upvotes
They don't care..the store will be shutting down soon - that's the going rumor.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
6665 posts
778 upvotes
BC
I gave this post an upvote for the effort made by Bordak, but yeah the deals are pretty bad.
Penalty Box
Jul 2, 2016
356 posts
141 upvotes
dahurricaneg wrote:
Dec 25th, 2016 5:24 pm
They don't care..the store will be shutting down soon - that's the going rumor.

Where did you hear that? It wouldn't make sense considering their recent reno investment, unless they decided after making the reno. Nevertheless, I'd love nothing more than swapping my neighborhood Sears for The Bay.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
6665 posts
778 upvotes
BC
LukieC wrote:
Dec 25th, 2016 7:17 pm
Where did you hear that? It wouldn't make sense considering their recent reno investment, unless they decided after making the reno. Nevertheless, I'd love nothing more than swapping my neighborhood Sears for The Bay.
Sears is bleeding money and they haven't been able to even slow it down, $120m loss last quarter in Canada, compared to $53m for the same quarter last year. Sears in the US has lost more than $10bn since 2010, It's difficult to see a way for them to return to profitability anytime soon.
Penalty Box
Jul 2, 2016
356 posts
141 upvotes
Kwirky wrote:
Dec 25th, 2016 7:26 pm
Sears is bleeding money and they haven't been able to even slow it down, $120m loss last quarter in Canada, compared to $53m for the same quarter last year. Sears in the US has lost more than $10bn since 2010, It's difficult to see a way for them to return to profitability anytime soon.

Isn't this a similar story many other retailers have? And again - why invest in the reno? You don't do that unless you have a long term plan to get back to profitability. My local reno hasn't even finished yet and it started months ago, so it tells me it's a major one with millions invested. Sears is a big name with a deep history, I think they will find a way to keep it afloat, even if another entity takes over.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1090 posts
447 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
I find Sears Nevada and Randy River brand 6 pocket cargo lightweight cargo pants around 70/30 cotton/nylon or 90/10 cotton nylon are a good product. With care a pair will last a few seasons of frequent use (in my case about 3-4times a week and I wash them daily cause I sweat a lot tho other people always say not to wash often or your clothing will wear down faster).

During the summer or spring/fall time the pants dry and vent very well especially for those that walk/hike or bike a lot. Being able to convert from shorts to long pants again rocks. Price is good when you buy them coming off season in the fall time. At about $15/pair it is a good price compared to IIRC the in season pricing of $35-40.
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2009
1671 posts
331 upvotes
Trash store. Been hunting for a small sized parka for some time now but all they have are XL+. Been into the actual physical store 4 times over the past several weeks hoping they would have new stock.

I figured today would be a good day to try since, hey, they're advertising their parkas for BD as a buy two for 150 dollars deal. You would think they would restock.

Nope. All XL+. Pure garbage. No surprise they're going under.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel