Hot Deals

[Sears] Sears - Kenmore 52dBA 24" Hybrid Tub Dishwasher - Stainless Steel $599.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 19th, 2017 9:22 am
[OP]
Jan 13, 2017
152 posts
53 upvotes

[Sears] Sears - Kenmore 52dBA 24" Hybrid Tub Dishwasher - Stainless Steel $599.99

Sears is having another sale on this stainless steel dishwasher, the tub is a hybrid...not sure what that means. Seems like a decent deal....don't flame me like the other Sears dishwasher I posted a few weeks ago...lol

Sears - Kenmore 52dBA 24" Hybrid Tub Dishwasher - Stainless Steel $599.99
15 replies
Feb 1, 2017
166 posts
140 upvotes
In before the sensitive hearing group.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1137 posts
172 upvotes
Redscott wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2017 11:53 am
sears near bankruptcy might heavily sway large expensive item purchases for warranty claim issues.

"Sears Acknowledges ‘Substantial’ Fears It Could Go Bankrupt"

http://fortune.com/2017/03/21/sears-bankruptcy/
Not that it's in any better shape, but Sears Canada is a separate company (partly owned by the U.S. Sears).
Nov 18, 2015
505 posts
103 upvotes
Redscott wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2017 11:53 am
sears near bankruptcy might heavily sway large expensive item purchases for warranty claim issues.

"Sears Acknowledges ‘Substantial’ Fears It Could Go Bankrupt"

http://fortune.com/2017/03/21/sears-bankruptcy/
that's the US. they don't even fully own Canada now. aka if the US goes under it won't effect Canada. its sad people have no idea and assume US is Canada. I hope they tank and hopefully sears Canada can live in peace. its definitely true our cousins gong show effects peoples mentally up here.
Feb 1, 2017
166 posts
140 upvotes
karnige wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2017 12:10 pm
that's the US. they don't even fully own Canada now. aka if the US goes under it won't effect Canada. its sad people have no idea and assume US is Canada. I hope they tank and hopefully sears Canada can live in peace. its definitely true our cousins gong show effects peoples mentally up here.
I have no idea what you see when you walk into your local Sears department stores, but mine is pretty much empty of customers and has been that way for several years. Now maybe in the rest of Canada they're thriving?
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18957 posts
1340 upvotes
Wow, this dishwasher looks exactly like my Bosch dishwasher....probably the exact same...

The Bosch is also rated at 52dBA (I think)....mine also has some plastic on the edges but mainly all stainless steel inside...

Will have to dig up the price I paid...
Apr 15, 2006
638 posts
136 upvotes
It could very well be made by Bosch! Fun fact: Kenmore does not actually make any products, they just rebrand other manufacturers. For example, I just bought a Kenmore fridge for $250 less than the Frigidaire exact model!

Have a look at this website to see who the real manufacturer is (depending on model number):

http://www.appliance411.ca/purchase/sears.shtml
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
1600 posts
178 upvotes
Montreal
ji2o0k wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2017 1:18 pm
Wow, this dishwasher looks exactly like my Bosch dishwasher....probably the exact same...

The Bosch is also rated at 52dBA (I think)....mine also has some plastic on the edges but mainly all stainless steel inside...

Will have to dig up the price I paid...
Some dishwashers sold under the Kenmore brand are actually Bosch rebrands.
Not all of their lineup, only some models.
Jul 2, 2007
84 posts
62 upvotes
Quick note, price has dropped and it's now $499 for the same model. Not so sure about price protection policy for Sears but if anyone of you have bought it, could definitely worth a try.
Dec 21, 2007
404 posts
123 upvotes
I just got a similar model this week but mine is white with a few less features, paid $399. They had stock in store and strangely its not in their system at all. Anyway, not impressed with it so far. The racks are not designed well for my particular dishes, most of the tines on the bottom are too close together. And on top there is no good spot for my tall glasses. Unless I put something stable beside them they just topple over. It doesn't dry good either. It has no heating element (which might be standard these days?) and even with all the drying help maxed out there is still water left on some of the dishes.

It is quiet though compared to my 18 year old Whirlpool that died last week.
Sep 2, 2015
720 posts
337 upvotes
I see the price has dropped to $499 now, any chance to get an extra saving code like extra 20% off on $200 order?
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
2689 posts
567 upvotes
BC
roy_miami wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 9:33 pm
I just got a similar model this week but mine is white with a few less features, paid $399. They had stock in store and strangely its not in their system at all. Anyway, not impressed with it so far. The racks are not designed well for my particular dishes, most of the tines on the bottom are too close together. And on top there is no good spot for my tall glasses. Unless I put something stable beside them they just topple over. It doesn't dry good either. It has no heating element (which might be standard these days?) and even with all the drying help maxed out there is still water left on some of the dishes.

It is quiet though compared to my 18 year old Whirlpool that died last week.
Apparently, its very hard to find a decent dishwasher these days for some reason.
I'll be looking for a basic one in the sub $400 range soon and I'm not sure where to even start.