Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sears

SEARS Tassimo T20 $19.99 ***HOT*** Dec 20 Saturday only

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2015 2:10 pm
Tags:
May 13, 2007
880 posts
133 upvotes
Oshawa
LBJackal wrote: Compared to Keurig the coffee is a lot better. Not nearly as good as freshly ground french press coffee obviously but quality is much better on Tassimo than Keurig.
Not on your life. The Keurig is 100 times better than Tassimo plus with my K-Cup I can fill up the pod with my favourite coffee at a fraction of the cost and have delicious coffee.
2008-Coca-Cola Zero Fans First Contest - 2 tickets Buffalo Sabres vs Toronto Maple Leafs
2010-Coca-Cola Zero Fans First Contest - 2 tickets Ottawa Senators vs Toronto Maple Leafs
Nov 22, 2013
246 posts
51 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
could this be price matched at walmart?
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
1889 posts
1891 upvotes
Guelph
So much arguing over preference on here. How do things stray so far from the initial deal? lol I'm going to try to pick one up. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1942 posts
1109 upvotes
JamesA1 wrote: Here's an example of why the Tassimo seems great, but really doesn't make sense in the long run:
... But sometimes when we're in a hurry we just use the Tassimo to make the coffee instead of the regular coffee maker, pouring it straight into the mug with the frothed milk. But we use the much cheaper bulk PC Dark Roast coffee T-discs, and it takes less time to make coffee only.
I was going to say that if you make "specialty" coffees a lot then it probably makes more sense to use the Tassimo just to quickly brew the coffee, and you can add your own milk/froth/caramel/etc. You are right, the specialty treats are expensive and more wasteful. I do indulge in the occasional cappuccino using the Tassimo at work but I am not a huge fan of the UHT sweetened milk taste.
isitin wrote: Not on your life. The Keurig is 100 times better than Tassimo plus with my K-Cup I can fill up the pod with my favourite coffee at a fraction of the cost and have delicious coffee.
I have a Keurig at home and both Keurig and Tassimo machines at work so I have had a chance to compare over a long period, and frankly I prefer the Tassimo. My Keurig has always produced coffee that I felt seemed a little watery and not quite hot enough. The one at work always seems to make coffee that tastes like it was filtered through wet cardboard. Perhaps I could get better results with the My K Cup or different brands of cups, but from what I tried so far, Tassimo wins for me.
Jan 31, 2009
45 posts
53 upvotes
GTA
Anyone ever seen a steeped tea disk, ie the Tim's steeped one? If so I'd pick this up. Thx
Oct 15, 2011
173 posts
330 upvotes
LawEightSix wrote: So much arguing over preference on here. How do things stray so far from the initial deal? lol I'm going to try to pick one up. Thanks OP!
thanks, I also felt the same..... thought the deal was good specially for gift giving. But it became more of discussion around the quality of coffee and comparison to Keurig....
Aug 11, 2004
721 posts
63 upvotes
Etobicoke (Central)
I like the espresso discs combined with using my own milk frother. Add a bit of vanilla syrup or caramel drizzle and you can make some great tasting lattes/cappucinos!
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I picked up 2 this morning and will get a price adjustment on Saturday, in case the holiday shoppers snatch them up before I can get to the store.

Edit: Don't bother going to the Markville location as that store is closing down and all they have left are returned boxes (some with obvious signs of use and were missing the instruction manuals).
Mar 9, 2014
433 posts
233 upvotes
Stouffville
I bought the Tim Horton's steeped tea and the French Vanilla. I haven't tried the tea yet, but the French Vanilla is just okay. It smells like the real thing, but doesn't taste very much like it. It's more of a watered down version.
Oct 15, 2011
173 posts
330 upvotes
hello3k wrote: Is there a limit number available?!
It is in their flyer.... dont say limited qty's ... but for sure at that price they will runout even if they had a truck parked outside the store full of them.
Oct 15, 2011
173 posts
330 upvotes
crystallight wrote: Will this also be $20 online on Saturday? Or is it only in-store?
They have given WEBCOE on the add... so i m pretty sure they will have it online also...
Jul 12, 2014
122 posts
21 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
is there an environment fee on these? And what do they normally go for?
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
PaulTheMerc wrote: is there an environment fee on these? And what do they normally go for?
No there's no environmental fee on these. Their regular price at Sears is $59.99. MSRP (on Tassimo's website) is $169.99!?!
Jul 12, 2014
122 posts
21 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
50$ on amazon.ca, 4 1/2 star review. Interesting, may pick some up.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2693 upvotes
Vancouver
rvs007 wrote: No there's no environmental fee on these. Their regular price at Sears is $59.99. MSRP (on Tassimo's website) is $169.99!?!
Actually I think there is a small environmental fee applicable in B.C. on all kitchen appliances, but these were reduced significantly last year. I think it's only $1.00 now for coffee makers.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
2245 posts
457 upvotes
Toronto
After reading everyone's opinions, reviews online on many sites, I've come to the conclusion Keurigg, Tassimo, Verissmio and Kissmyassimo are all crap and a waste of time and money. Just going to buy my parent a nice good coffee maker, with shiny buttons.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
JamesA1 wrote: Actually I think there is a small environmental fee applicable in B.C. on all kitchen appliances, but these were reduced significantly last year. I think it's only $1.00 now for coffee makers.
Ya sorry I should have specified in Ontario there are no environmental fees.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)