Shopping Discussion

Sears - a video of my experience buying a mattress online.

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2015 7:29 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13806 posts
1307 upvotes

Sears - a video of my experience buying a mattress online.

I know I have posted this in other threads but I wanted to make my own. Many have purchased mattresses and many great deals are still on their website over 48hrs later. Nobody has received their order yet.

I know I seem persistent here, but I wasn't looking to have my order canceled. I truly wanted them to honour their word. I was told three times that my order would be fulfilled and ultimately had to press for escalation to be told that everyone was lying. Obviously I am not satisfied with this and want Sears to keep their promise.

In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
18 replies
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
4948 posts
1672 upvotes
Winnipeg
Not the first time to Sears..the mattress deal has propped up a few times before
Chopin mattress
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13806 posts
1307 upvotes
If it was simply an error I could have accepted that but they:

1.) Charged my credit card, which takes available funds away from me.

2.) Promised multiple times to honour the purchase.

3.) Still have these deals on their website 48hrs later.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
2599 posts
805 upvotes
Markham
FYI, last time when they had an error for Jeans they did honor my order of 10+ pairs...guess for mattresses it actually hurt their cost this time...
Aug 4, 2014
491 posts
53 upvotes
North of GTA
Do people still shop at Sears? When I grew up in the 60s and 70s, Sears was the store my parents preferred to buy assorted things. They both had Sears cards. When I became an adult, I got my own Sears card. I hardly used it. About 10 years ago, they sent me a letter and cancelled the account. I had no balance on it. This is a store that my family spent a lot of money in and they cancelled my Sears card for no reason. I was not shopping there very often before they cancelled the card. They lost me as a customer.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13806 posts
1307 upvotes
I am loyal to any company that will sell me name brand king mattresses for $300

Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1750 posts
235 upvotes
Markham
SteveRoss wrote:
Jan 14th, 2015 9:19 pm
Do people still shop at Sears? When I grew up in the 60s and 70s, Sears was the store my parents preferred to buy assorted things. They both had Sears cards. When I became an adult, I got my own Sears card. I hardly used it. About 10 years ago, they sent me a letter and cancelled the account. I had no balance on it. This is a store that my family spent a lot of money in and they cancelled my Sears card for no reason. I was not shopping there very often before they cancelled the card. They lost me as a customer.
Yea I don't shop there either. I know my Dad buys his clothes there, the Arnold Palmer collection
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
4948 posts
1672 upvotes
Winnipeg
Did you get in on today's mattress deals
Mar 23, 2013
706 posts
123 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks for making the video OP. Sears has been caught red handed in a bait and switch scam. I am glad you recorded their lies and exposed them.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2012
1115 posts
283 upvotes
London
I came very close to buying a mattress on Sears' website but glad I decided against it. I've looked up their website/customer service reviews and they're absolutely atrocious.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17246 posts
5071 upvotes
Toronto
Sears doesn't care. They are going under soon. It's only a matter of time.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
25741 posts
11096 upvotes
You seriously made a TEN FREAKIN' MINUTE VIDEO about this?
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17246 posts
5071 upvotes
Toronto
It's obvious OP knew it was a price error. Even if the CS rep says they will honor the price, their word means nothing. It's corporate that decides what to do.