Shopping Discussion

Sectional Set - Wholesale Furniture Brokers??

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2016 6:39 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 9, 2002
539 posts
192 upvotes

Sectional Set - Wholesale Furniture Brokers??

Hi All,

Looking for some new living room furniture. Read all the time to stay away from the Brick, Leons etc.
Wholesale Furniture Brokers are having a sale with FREE shipping, just not sure if the furniture is junk or not? Price is warm/hot, any experience out there??

http://www.gowfb.ca/Sacramento-Chocolat ... s_id=27461
24 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7228 posts
709 upvotes
Waterloo
seems like a good price!

looking for kids furniture tho been looking around and cannot find much \\

there is a usa site but i forget the name they also ship to canada free i lost the site and now cannot find it lol
Mar 12, 2008
152 posts
34 upvotes
how is that... free shipping - delivered to your door for $100?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
8355 posts
4087 upvotes
patrician wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2010 12:48 am
how is that... free shipping - delivered to your door for $100?
Read ..........
Free Shipping! During checkout, enter "SAC$$100" as your coupon code at the delivery information page.
Mar 12, 2008
152 posts
34 upvotes
boyoflondon wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2010 12:55 am
Read ..........
thx; ha ha, too much writing (it's called anti-marketing valve/ filter), I look only at the pictures...
Dec 21, 2006
649 posts
23 upvotes
Richmond
Echoing OP....does anyone have experience with this site and/or with True Contemporary furniture?
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
1106 posts
65 upvotes
hmmmm seems like a fair amount of locations. seems like a good price... gonna check with live help tomorrow... find out if the items can be picked up.
May 10, 2008
302 posts
37 upvotes
that is a sweet price...but i would hate having to commit to buying a furniture online, have it shipped only to find out that its to your suite (note quite how it looks and the comfort level)
Dec 14, 2005
146 posts
23 upvotes
I've seen that sectional everywhere, the brick, leons, etc.

It's the same cheap faux leather chinese made sectional they all sell.

Be prepared to pay close to $2000 for a quality full grain leather sectional.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2003
1357 posts
25 upvotes
These things always look good in the pics, but make sure you check it out in person before you commit.
[OP]
Nov 9, 2002
539 posts
192 upvotes
Was hoping to find someone with experience with the company, or live close enough to check it out ??!!

Price is right....looking for something just like it, but don't want crap.

Hopefully on the up and up and someone can check it out in person ???
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2005
1244 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
pricerror wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2010 1:20 am
I've seen that sectional everywhere, the brick, leons, etc.

It's the same cheap faux leather chinese made sectional they all sell.

Be prepared to pay close to $2000 for a quality full grain leather sectional.
They don't even try to claim it looks much less feels like leather, they admit it's vinyl- yech.
patrician wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2010 12:58 am
thx; ha ha, too much writing (it's called anti-marketing valve/ filter), I look only at the pictures...
it's called laziness resulting in ignorance
Jan 15, 2006
544 posts
42 upvotes
not that of a good deal. the baby cribs are way to expense
Jul 24, 2007
191 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
jtplayte wrote:
Feb 1st, 2010 7:23 pm
Hi All,

Looking for some new living room furniture. Read all the time to stay away from the Brick, Leons etc.
Wholesale Furniture Brokers are having a sale with FREE shipping, just not sure if the furniture is junk or not? Price is warm/hot, any experience out there??

http://www.gowfb.ca/Sacramento-Chocolat ... s_id=27461
I just bought this exact same sectional, but in hazelnut. Just arrived last Friday after ordering 3 weeks ago - came within the amount of time they specified. True, it's from China, but so are the ones I checked in the stores, for the same price, minus the ottoman. For the same sectional made in Canada, it was $400 more. The thing I liked about this sectional over the similiar ones in the local furniture stoers was that this one came with removable seat backs and cushions, all zippered, which makes it easier to clean. The cushions are fairly firm (not that sinking feeling), and very comfortable. Only minor issue I have is that with microfiber there is a buildup of static if you rub across it. The ottoman does not open for storage. There is also no attachment for the chaise and the rest of the sofa, but stays together well, even on a laminate floor. I spoke several times with the reps on the phone - very prompt to answer, and great customer service! Did some research on them prior to ordering and couldn't find any bad reviews. The rep answered all my questions, and shipping was free. Only had to pay GST, so total came to $943.95. Only other thing is that you have to assemble the seat backs and legs - took about 30 min or so, then throw on the cushions, plus the 2 included throw cushions, and you're ready to relax! While I've only had it a few days, I love it! Very comfortable, and can accomodate 6 people with no problem. I'm glad I bought it from this place (1st furniture purchase online), and saved ~ $400 to $500. They kept me informed with regular updates and tracking info along the way, and was delivered on tme. I would give them 5 stars! :) Oh yes, did check out Leon's and the Brick - definitely STAY AWAY!!!
Aug 11, 2008
110 posts
27 upvotes
This place seems ok...but I disagree re: stay away from the Brick/ Leons in this example. I actually just purchased a microfibre sectional that was on sale at the Brick for $999.99. This sofa is bigger than the one pictured (125W) and seems to be constructed very well. More couch for the money.

I like the Brick, previously I had purchased the warranty on another sofa set and had actually used it as the fabric became tattered (they gave me a full credit and were very helpful).

For that reason alone, it is worth buying from a Big name store sometimes. If your looking for short term furniture that's one thing, but the Brick has some nice stuff. Now that said, not all their stuff is MY TASTE but sometimes they do have some serviceable peices. You just have to have faith.
Vinnyfast wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2010 8:13 am
I just bought this exact same sectional, but in hazelnut. Just arrived last Friday after ordering 3 weeks ago - came within the amount of time they specified. True, it's from China, but so are the ones I checked in the stores, for the same price, minus the ottoman. For the same sectional made in Canada, it was $400 more. The thing I liked about this sectional over the similiar ones in the local furniture stoers was that this one came with removable seat backs and cushions, all zippered, which makes it easier to clean. The cushions are fairly firm (not that sinking feeling), and very comfortable. Only minor issue I have is that with microfiber there is a buildup of static if you rub across it. The ottoman does not open for storage. There is also no attachment for the chaise and the rest of the sofa, but stays together well, even on a laminate floor. I spoke several times with the reps on the phone - very prompt to answer, and great customer service! Did some research on them prior to ordering and couldn't find any bad reviews. The rep answered all my questions, and shipping was free. Only had to pay GST, so total came to $943.95. Only other thing is that you have to assemble the seat backs and legs - took about 30 min or so, then throw on the cushions, plus the 2 included throw cushions, and you're ready to relax! While I've only had it a few days, I love it! Very comfortable, and can accomodate 6 people with no problem. I'm glad I bought it from this place (1st furniture purchase online), and saved ~ $400 to $500. They kept me informed with regular updates and tracking info along the way, and was delivered on tme. I would give them 5 stars! :) Oh yes, did check out Leon's and the Brick - definitely STAY AWAY!!!