• Jul 16th, 2015 1:07 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2006
1742 posts
224 upvotes
Burlington

Sectional sofa (WITHOUT a chaise)

I'm in the market for a sectional sofa, basically because it's going in my basement, and I can't fit a 3 seater couch down the stairs :-S

We currently have 2 loveseats, which technically works, but it's not nearly as comfortable as I can imagine a sectional being. Snuggle time for the wife and I isn't easy!!

Anyways, I've seen a few good deals on sectionals at Leon's, The Brick, etc. but they ALL seem to have that awful chaise piece at the end, which is basically an extended recliner that you can't put down... very annoying.

Has anyone seen anything around? Or know of a sale coming up at a good furniture place?
2 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2006
1148 posts
169 upvotes
GTA
bibowski wrote:
Jul 16th, 2015 11:15 am
I'm in the market for a sectional sofa, basically because it's going in my basement, and I can't fit a 3 seater couch down the stairs :-S

We currently have 2 loveseats, which technically works, but it's not nearly as comfortable as I can imagine a sectional being. Snuggle time for the wife and I isn't easy!!

Anyways, I've seen a few good deals on sectionals at Leon's, The Brick, etc. but they ALL seem to have that awful chaise piece at the end, which is basically an extended recliner that you can't put down... very annoying.

Has anyone seen anything around? Or know of a sale coming up at a good furniture place?
But isn't that what makes a sectional, a sectional?

I've got something similar to this in my house, not sure if that's what you're looking for: http://www.allmodern.com/Poundex-Bobkon ... P1352.html

Try checking out Design2000 in Markham, they do custom and it's not too shabby. I have mine that was 8ft down the chaise x 10ft custom sized in leather and they include taxes if you pay cash.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2006
1742 posts
224 upvotes
Burlington
sedated_xtc wrote:
Jul 16th, 2015 1:03 pm
But isn't that what makes a sectional, a sectional?

I've got something similar to this in my house, not sure if that's what you're looking for: http://www.allmodern.com/Poundex-Bobkon ... P1352.html

Try checking out Design2000 in Markham, they do custom and it's not too shabby. I have mine that was 8ft down the chaise x 10ft custom sized in leather and they include taxes if you pay cash.
Sectionals are typically modular sofas with different configurations. Many come with no recliner or chaise, but some do. I personally hate the chaise, since it juts out and cannot be retracted.

A recliner woudl be nice, but not necessary.