• Aug 31st, 2019 7:41 am
Tags:
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 2, 2001
5602 posts
3999 upvotes
GTA
I purchased Amine 400 from them, wow the price tripled in 4 years, no issues.
Aug 28, 2007
510 posts
172 upvotes
shabby wrote: I purchased Amine 400 from them, wow the price tripled in 4 years, no issues.
Anyone happen to order pesticides lately from Seed Ranch? Wondering if it would be allowed to be shipped to Canada? Oddly SeedRanch.ca is under a Canadian domain but ships from USA
Dec 28, 2004
206 posts
92 upvotes
Vancouver
I ordered something from them in March with no issues.
Aug 28, 2007
510 posts
172 upvotes
Red89GT wrote: I ordered something from them in March with no issues.
Thanks, I'll try and order some pesticide.... See what happens!
Jun 12, 2018
1 posts
1 upvote
Do NOT buy from them!!!

This is a fake canadian site. They charge you in USD, and let you know in very fine prints. When your parcel comes in you have to pay hefty "handling and custom" fees that were not mentioned anywhere.
I have ordered last month some 2,4 D that was avertised concentration of 47.2%. I received 11.4%. Now I can't cover my yard.
I've paid a total of 65$ for a 22$ announced price.
Emailed them and they did not even bother to reply.

Just stay away from this dealer
Aug 28, 2007
510 posts
172 upvotes
TydolGas wrote: Do NOT buy from them!!!

This is a fake canadian site. They charge you in USD, and let you know in very fine prints. When your parcel comes in you have to pay hefty "handling and custom" fees that were not mentioned anywhere.
I have ordered last month some 2,4 D that was avertised concentration of 47.2%. I received 11.4%. Now I can't cover my yard.
I've paid a total of 65$ for a 22$ announced price.
Emailed them and they did not even bother to reply.

Just stay away from this dealer
Thanks for sharing! I'm going to reconsider buying from them!
Feb 11, 2009
466 posts
221 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Any true canadian site that I can order seeds from?
Looking at getting some specific grass seeds.
Oct 23, 2010
186 posts
205 upvotes
Brampton
Some garden centers sell specific grass seeds from bulk containers so you can make your own mix.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2011
1535 posts
1256 upvotes
Hamilton
Have to you tried going to a sod farm ? Their grasses are a good mix that grow well. Some sod farms sell grass seed so worth checking them out.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2015
4373 posts
2499 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Look for a local landscaping store (place that sells rocks, slabs etc), usually in an industrial/heavy commercial area, and they usually cater to landscapers rather than consumers. They usually have good selections of grass seeds IME.
Jun 6, 2008
356 posts
135 upvotes
reviving this thread as I just found seedranch.ca
I just received an order from them, overall i am pleased. pricing in US, but i don't recall feeling scammed like the other poster. maybe they have clarified that in the past year.
Shipping was relatively fast - from the US, so has to cross border and may be subject to duties etc. the only other drawback is the product prices as i recall were quite high comparative to other sites, and then shipping doubles the cost. there is no way something widely avail here in cda, as grass seed would be a smart purchase IMO because of the shipping cost. again just my opinion, based on experience. Now on the other hand if its something you Really want, and is not widely available here in Cda, then the story changes. I you are willing to drive across the border for pick up i found domyown.com a better option, however they will not ship across the border.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2009
1156 posts
360 upvotes
I bought herbicide from them. Price was high but no issues with the shipment making it from the u.s. to Ontario. Again price was high but since I'm too lazy to drive to buffalo, my only option.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)