• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2019 7:34 pm
[OP]
Mar 30, 2008
259 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon Canada] Sega Genesis Mini $79.96

Sega Genesis Mini pre-order is now $79.96 on Amazon Canada. Since I don't care about launch date shipping I'd go with Amazon over Walmart for the flexibility.

Release date is now September 19, 2019.

42 games announced so far for the North America version:

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Alisia Dragoon
Altered Beast
Beyond Oasis
Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
Castlevania: Bloodlines
Comix Zone
Columns
Contra: Hard Corps
Darius
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Dynamite Headdy
Earthworm Jim
Ecco the Dolphin
Eternal Champions
Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Golden Axe
Gunstar Heroes
Kid Chameleon
Landstalker
Light Crusader
Mega Man: The Wily Wars
Monster World IV
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
Road Rash II
Shining Force
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Sonic Spinball
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Space Harrier 2
Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition
Streets of Rage 2
Strider
Super Fantasy Zone
Tetris
Thunder Force III
ToeJam & Earl
Vectorman
Virtua Fighter 2
Wonder Boy in Monster World
World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck
Last edited by unimus on Jun 11th, 2019 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
17 replies
Nov 13, 2013
580 posts
1014 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Might grab this console. In my perfect world it would also include:

Ninja Turtles - Hyperstone Heist, NHL 94, Mortal Kombat 1 and 2, NBA Jam TE, Sunset Riders, Michael Jackson's Moonwalker, Quackshot, Splatterhouse 3, WWF Royal Rumble and a 6 button controller. But meh, good enough as is.
Sep 28, 2010
717 posts
156 upvotes
Surrey
ips1177 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 8:42 pm

Ninja Turtles - Hyperstone Heist, NHL 94, Mortal Kombat 1 and 2, NBA Jam TE, Sunset Riders, Michael Jackson's Moonwalker, Quackshot, Splatterhouse 3, WWF Royal Rumble and a 6 button controller. But meh, good enough as is.
You forgot about Monday Night Raw....
[OP]
Mar 30, 2008
259 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto
ips1177 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 8:42 pm

The lack of a 6-button pad is a huge letdown since it comes with Street Fighter 2. I guess I'll scratch my Street Fighter itch with the other 15 versions I own.....
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
7798 posts
3271 upvotes
MVRD
3 months till it's shipped?
Feb 26, 2008
442 posts
356 upvotes
Surrey
chatbox wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 9:25 pm
3 months till it's shipped?
It's a pre-order. You won't be charged until it ships.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
1486 posts
866 upvotes
Hope this gets a “hack” like PlayStation Classic
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1144 posts
709 upvotes
unimus wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 9:01 pm
The lack of a 6-button pad is a huge letdown since it comes with Street Fighter 2. I guess I'll scratch my Street Fighter itch with the other 15 versions I own.....
There is a 6 button made by Sega that will be compatible.
Jan 30, 2009
972 posts
102 upvotes
I just cancelled my pre order with Amazon last week, as they said they would not match Walmarts price (same as Amazon have it for now)
I even got my call escalated, someone called me, they then told me nothing they could do and to cancel my pre order.
I said you guys are losing a sale, are you sure? yup, go ahead.
oh well. Walmart tend to deliver on release day, unlike my experiences of pre orders with Amazon.
[OP]
Mar 30, 2008
259 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto
stulec52 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 11:27 pm
I just cancelled my pre order with Amazon last week, as they said they would not match Walmarts price (same as Amazon have it for now)
I even got my call escalated, someone called me, they then told me nothing they could do and to cancel my pre order.
oh well. Walmart tend to deliver on release day, unlike my experiences of pre orders with Amazon.
Normally I'd avoid Amazon if I really want someone on release date, but 42 games that have been out for 25+ years....not so much.

Pre-order now and think later!
Jan 17, 2015
186 posts
106 upvotes
Pierrefonds, QC
Too bad there's no NBAAAAA JAAAAAAAM! Might get this just for PS IV, Sonic and Shining Force
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
6106 posts
2675 upvotes
Paris
No NHL no buy.

Gotta make Gretzky bleed.
Gbill2004: Thanks but I'll just smell the couch before/if I buy it.

jonnyb: I go in there like PICASSO and toss the glue everywhere, I don't care what house I'm on.
Feb 26, 2008
442 posts
356 upvotes
Surrey
stulec52 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 11:27 pm
You preordered it so there is automatically a price guarantee. When it drops on price you get the lowest when three item is ready to be shipped. No need to cancel or contact the reps. I have been preordering music and video games like this without a single incident of them not matching a price drop. They will eventually drop their price to match.
Jan 30, 2009
972 posts
102 upvotes
rancid82 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 12:18 am
You preordered it so there is automatically a price guarantee. When it drops on price you get the lowest when three item is ready to be shipped. No need to cancel or contact the reps. I have been preordering music and video games like this without a single incident of them not matching a price drop. They will eventually drop their price to match.
indeed. but when Walmart changed down from $100 to $80, I switch my pre order to Walmart. But not before contacting Amazon and asking them to match.
they said they would not. and also said they did not know if their price would come down.
I'd rather buy from local stores if I'm being honest, but I also don't like paying more to anyone if I don't have to.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)