• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2017 9:03 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4856 posts
728 upvotes

(select accounts) TD ePremium Savings Account 2.5% until March 2018

Obviously not the best rate being offered, and requires a minimum $10,000; interest starts on the 5th businessday after the account is opened. $5 per transaction, unless these are transfers within your other chequing/savings accounts with TD. Until Dec. 29, 2017.

However, it says no monthly fees, and I've been waiting for Simplii to get back to me on my HISA application, and hearing from others who applied on Nov 1. and heard nothing yet, it just seems really slow and inconvenient.

I bank with TD anyway so I am going to find out more today. The online application wasn't working for me, maybe they are still working out some bugs.
Last edited by peanutz on Nov 9th, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
14 replies
Jun 24, 2015
92 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto, ON
peanutz wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 4:34 pm
Obviously not the best rate being offered, and requires a minimum $10,000; interest starts on the 5th businessday after the account is opened. $5 per transaction, unless these are transfers within your other chequing/savings accounts with TD. Until Dec. 29, 2017.

However, it says no monthly fees, and I've been waiting for Simplii to get back to me on my HISA application, and hearing from others who applied on Nov 1. and heard nothing yet, it just seems really slow and inconvenient.

I bank with TD anyway so I am going to find out more today. The online application wasn't working for me, maybe they are still working out some bugs.
Is it for everyone? Can you post the link, please?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4856 posts
728 upvotes
15june wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 4:42 pm
Is it for everyone? Can you post the link, please?
hmm, I don't know yet. I checked the Accounts page and the rates were very low. This promo is only for New accounts.

I received notification by e-mail at around 4:10pm.

My appointment is at 6pm.

Update: So it turns out that only select accounts will get e-mailed this promo, and it seems they pick them based on how much money is sitting in the chequing account. While waiting for Simplii to approve of my HISA application, it seems I triggered TD into offering me this instead.

My mom, for example, has much higher assets and investments with TD, but she did not qualify for this because there isn't a lot in her chequing account.
Images
  • A1B9500A-11BE-4EBB-98DF-7DA4BA8AE6D1.png
  • 4295FC47-B65F-40A6-AED0-23770EA1B6F9.png
  • C256548C-A737-4B46-A357-0EE50E6281C2.png
Last edited by peanutz on Nov 9th, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2016
1366 posts
514 upvotes
Houston, TX
Not the greatest rate, but if you with RD and had 10+k sitting....
Last edited by asa1973 on Nov 9th, 2017 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make the Trudeau drama teacher again!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4856 posts
728 upvotes
asa1973 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 6:51 pm
Not the greatest rate, but if you with RD and had 10+k sitting....
I can see your name...
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2016
1366 posts
514 upvotes
Houston, TX
peanutz wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 6:53 pm
I can see your name...
OK, not a big deal., but thanks anyway
Make the Trudeau drama teacher again!
Mar 1, 2016
713 posts
222 upvotes
peanutz wrote:

thanks for highlighting this. I had read it as 2.5% on the Excess, so ignored it. i got the e-mail, and i just have above $5000 in my all-inclusive account, so not sure if they consider this as large amount. might set it up to transfer Tangerine money at end of december and wait for their next offer.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
9240 posts
335 upvotes
peanutz wrote:

Nope, I received the offer as well, and don't even have a TD chequing account! (I use LOC as bank) I do have a large Waterhouse porfolio, so maybe that's it.

Anyway, it's a bit of hassle to open an account, just to get 2.5% for 4.5 months. I can get 2.3% at EQ with no hassle, and not a teaser rate. On $100k, that is around $70 difference, not worth my time.
Oct 22, 2015
568 posts
133 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Bullseye wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 7:29 am
Nope, I received the offer as well, and don't even have a TD chequing account! (I use LOC as bank) I do have a large Waterhouse porfolio, so maybe that's it.

Anyway, it's a bit of hassle to open an account, just to get 2.5% for 4.5 months. I can get 2.3% at EQ with no hassle, and not a teaser rate. On $100k, that is around $70 difference, not worth my time.
It's not much of a hassle actually. Last time there was a promo on the high interest esavings account, walked up to teller and he opened account in less than 2 min.
Then once the promo is over you can switch the savings account to the everyday savings account which has no fees. If there is no as activity in the savings account for 60 says they will close it automatically.
Jun 24, 2015
92 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I got the promotion email last night. This is for people who have e premium accounts as well. Limit is $5M.
Oct 19, 2016
393 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
$5m limit lol thats generous
15june wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 11:14 am
I got the promotion email last night. This is for people who have e premium accounts as well. Limit is $5M.
Mar 16, 2011
204 posts
63 upvotes
I got the promotion in letter format and email. I only have a Line of Credit with TD.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
9240 posts
335 upvotes
wra45mon wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:11 am
It's not much of a hassle actually. Last time there was a promo on the high interest esavings account, walked up to teller and he opened account in less than 2 min.
Then once the promo is over you can switch the savings account to the everyday savings account which has no fees. If there is no as activity in the savings account for 60 says they will close it automatically.
You're right, I just opened account in 2 minutes online. I decided it was worth it after all, as don't need to worry about CDIC limit with TD, so I can keep all money in one place, and with easy access. I'll hope to find a good teaser rate at end of March! I was going to put money in Simplii, but 10 days later, still no email or mail from them to start account. Worries me a bit about putting large amount there when they don't seem to have their shit together.
Mar 1, 2016
713 posts
222 upvotes
Bullseye wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 7:29 am
not much of a hassle, if you have an easyweb profile. 3 minutes, no entry except $ of first deposit and account was set up