Expired Hot Deals

[Shell] Select locations: Shell 3¢ / litre discount for Air Miles customers (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2013 7:14 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2002
1444 posts
78 upvotes
Scarborough

[Shell] Select locations: Shell 3¢ / litre discount for Air Miles customers (YMMV)

I hope this isn't a repost.

The Shell gas station locations on Warden/Sheppard and Warden just south of the 401 in Scarborough are discounting gas by 3¢ per litre for Air Miles customers. I wonder if this has anything to do with the Costco gas station.

Some locations in Vancouver seem to be doing the same thing, I have no idea about other locations.

Edit -

Confirmed locations
Ajax
- Harwood/Rossland
Pickering
- Bayly and Liverpool
Scarborough
- Warden / Sheppard
- Warden / Lupin
- Kingston / Pine Ridge
Winnipeg
- Logan / RT 90 (King Edward?)
----------------------------------------------------------------
40 replies
Oct 15, 2007
852 posts
69 upvotes
TRK9 wrote:
May 2nd, 2012 12:03 pm

The Shell gas station locations on Warden/Sheppard and Warden just south of the 401 are discounting gas by 3¢ per litre for Air Miles customers. I wonder if this has anything to do with the Costco gas station.

Some locations in Vancouver seem to be doing the same thing, I have no idea about other locations.

Interesting. So how does that work when you're paying at the booth since they don't know you have AM until you pay?
May 1, 2012
22 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
Tacoma wrote:
May 2nd, 2012 12:35 pm
Interesting. So how does that work when you're paying at the booth since they don't know you have AM until you pay?

I have been using it for the past three weeks at the Ajax location Harwood/Rossland.

i pay at the machine, once you swipe the airmiles card, the price per litre changes by 3c.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 28, 2005
5604 posts
78 upvotes
Scarborough
i live around the corner from there. i don't have my airmiles card (lost it) but have my number, will this work still?
LED Keychains For Sale:
May 14, 2006
370 posts
6 upvotes
Yea I seen the sign the other day at that location.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2002
1444 posts
78 upvotes
Scarborough
Tacoma wrote:
May 2nd, 2012 12:35 pm
I'm not sure, but I think they adjust to price when you present your card like they do at Petro Canada with their Master Card.
lithiumli wrote:
May 2nd, 2012 1:13 pm
i live around the corner from there. i don't have my airmiles card (lost it) but have my number, will this work still?
It should work. You can also order a replacement airmiles card free from airmiles.ca

I don't fill up at Shell often, I usually fill up at Costco early in the morning before work and the ridiculous line ups. 91 octane gas is still at least 10¢ cheaper at Costco, but for regular gas at Shell with the AirMiles and no line up the 2¢ premium is ok
----------------------------------------------------------------
Sep 23, 2007
126 posts
29 upvotes
TRK9 wrote:
May 2nd, 2012 12:03 pm

The Shell gas station locations on Warden/Sheppard and Warden just south of the 401 are discounting gas by 3¢ per litre for Air Miles customers. I wonder if this has anything to do with the Costco gas station.

I saw this at the Shell in Pickering at Bayly and Liverpool as well.
Dec 17, 2006
75 posts
15 upvotes
This promo is also at the kingston rd location just east of mccowan.

5 cents off of premium gas. The price adjusts at the pump after entering your air miles card.
If you pay inside they just adjust the price after you show your card.
Banned
Dec 18, 2011
3995 posts
948 upvotes
Mississauga
I wonder how many fools are going to drive into town to get this deal.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
7155 posts
785 upvotes
Out here shell on logan and rt 90 offers 5cent discount on regular not sure about prem. They started doing it after the esso down the street offers 5cents off at the pump friday to sunday.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
5370 posts
353 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I wonder if this is to counter Costco's gas bar down the street. I rather go to Shell and avoid the line up at the Scarborough location. It's a big mess all the time.

I haven't seen it anywhere else in Scarborough however, and nothing from Shell or AM website. So I wonder if this is a location thing and it's somewhat a permanent offer.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2011
2037 posts
1082 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks, this should be for all Shell stations though? Why only select stations? Will check next time I'm at my local Shell.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
7720 posts
206 upvotes
Hamilton
Thanks for the heads up, I gonna check that out.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
3645 posts
217 upvotes
Scarborough
Interesting, is this only for the Shell stations in the vicinity of Costco locations? I need one more >$30 fill up to get the extra 15AM bonus.
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
× < >