• Apr 8th, 2015 8:32 am
Tags:
None
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
vt8888 wrote: How about the getorchard thread?

The owner of the business is using rfd to advertise.
This is getting out of hand...it's a free for all and they're not even trying to hide it.
Sep 27, 2003
11122 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
WorldIRC wrote: I will ask TomRFD to review this. As mentioned earlier, the administration is working on something. This company is definitely self-promoting, but like the Bell thread (until recently), that company is not only offering the RFD community a discount, but it is publicly advertised. I won't immediately action that thread immediately unless instructed to. The admins are working on something, and this thread should help them.
The post has been removed, and Tom has reached out to the user to advise them of advertising opportunities.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25310 posts
2536 upvotes
Markham, ON
I can't be the first to complain about this thread right?

It's been going on forever on Hot Deals...clearly the OP is been making a killing selling a ton of these tablets

hot-chuwi-w8-1-8-ips-2gb-32gb-emmc-z373 ... st22054479
if he's not getting a commission...then I must be an idiot

why does some one that has no vested interest have to apologize and can check status of shipping for ppl on this thread????
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
thelefteyeguy wrote: I can't be the first to complain about this thread right?

It's been going on forever on Hot Deals...clearly the OP is been making a killing selling a ton of these tablets

hot-chuwi-w8-1-8-ips-2gb-32gb-emmc-z373 ... st22054479
if he's not getting a commission...then I must be an idiot

why does some one that has no vested interest have to apologize and can check status of shipping for ppl on this thread????
Assuming he's not affiliated in any way, it should be locked regardless to protect members from buying from a company that hands out tracking numbers to random people.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36617 upvotes
Scarborough
thelefteyeguy wrote: I can't be the first to complain about this thread right?

I don't remember seeing a report on this but I'm looking into it now.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Banned
Jan 15, 2015
586 posts
166 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
TomRFD wrote: I don't remember seeing a report on this but I'm looking into it now.
Hi Tom,

Can you take a look at this thread: get-orchard-iphones-low-price-check-out-1701233/
[get orchard] iPhones for a low price, check it out - From $ to $$$

Several members have determined this is a self promotion thread.

Thanks in advance
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36617 upvotes
Scarborough
vt8888 wrote: Hi Tom,

Can you take a look at this thread: get-orchard-iphones-low-price-check-out-1701233/
[get orchard] iPhones for a low price, check it out - From $ to $$$

Several members have determined this is a self promotion thread.

Thanks in advance
I've closed the moved the thread. If the OP wants to try to explain it to me he has the option to do so.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
How about getting AlexatOrchard to pony up some sponsor money to RFD then, since he's an active member here in the forums?!?
Banned
Jan 15, 2015
586 posts
166 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Becks wrote: How about getting AlexatOrchard to pony up some sponsor money to RFD then, since he's an active member here in the forums?!?
He's hasnt advertised his company except in that thread.

If he does advertise in the future, then he should do it in BST
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2014
1255 posts
241 upvotes
Burrowborough
vt8888 wrote: How about the getorchard thread?

The owner of the business is using rfd to advertise.
TomRFD wrote: I've closed the moved the thread. If the OP wants to try to explain it to me he has the option to do so.
It would be one thing if the OP in that thread was AlexatOrchard; but the OP was actually Rohdar who claimed not to be associated with the company and has generally been doing quite a bit of clumsy trolling in the threads I visit. The posts I've seen from AlexatOrchard are relevant and thoughtful.

On the other hand; the company itself is a legit one that a colleague of mine recently purchased from (including using the RFD coupon). I had seen this recently locked thread and and passed on the info since they had been finding it difficult to get a reliable used iPhone without having to meet some scammer at a gas station; they ended up having a very positive experience with this local company.

I'm sure you are aware of it; but on a useful shopping resource like RFD you don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water.
Banned
Jan 15, 2015
586 posts
166 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
whistlepig wrote: It would be one thing if the OP in that thread was AlexatOrchard; but the OP was actually Rohdar who claimed not to be associated with the company and has generally been doing quite a bit of clumsy trolling in the threads I visit. The posts I've seen from AlexatOrchard are relevant and thoughtful.

On the other hand; the company itself is a legit one that a colleague of mine recently purchased from (including using the RFD coupon). I had seen this recently locked thread and and passed on the info since they had been finding it difficult to get a reliable used iPhone without having to meet some scammer at a gas station; they ended up having a very positive experience with this local company.

I'm sure you are aware of it; but on a useful shopping resource like RFD you don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water.
RFD has rules on advertising on the website.
Media kit is a great option http://www.redflagdeals.com/info/media/
According to the forum rules - welcome-redflagdeals-com-forum/announcement-a.html
Do not spam or advertise (including posting non-RFD affiliate links or referral links)
Allowing Alexatorachard to promote his shop will create a clear disadvantage to the sponsored posters.

what-sponsored-poster-1148661/
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
I live in GVR. I don't even use a cellphone. Yet, I am now familiar with this company. First, there's the RFD username, the avatar, the info in the profile. My first impression, which was from before entering that thread, was, "What an odd username. What is that? Is that advertising?" The worst part is the discount deal expiring Apr2 that has the RFD name involved.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2014
1255 posts
241 upvotes
Burrowborough
vt8888 wrote: RFD has rules on advertising on the website.
Media kit is a great option http://www.redflagdeals.com/info/media/
According to the forum rules - welcome-redflagdeals-com-forum/announcement-a.html

Allowing Alexatorachard to promote his shop will create a clear disadvantage to the sponsored posters.

what-sponsored-poster-1148661/
I understand the rules in this regard; but that wasn't the point of my post.
Banned
Aug 10, 2014
87 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
whistlepig wrote: It would be one thing if the OP in that thread was AlexatOrchard; but the OP was actually Rohdar who claimed not to be associated with the company and has generally been doing quite a bit of clumsy trolling in the threads I visit. The posts I've seen from AlexatOrchard are relevant and thoughtful.

I checked out that getorchard site, seems like a good place to buy an used iphone if the owner is will to replace the phone if some scumbag blacklists it, I will pick one up for my parents. thanks for the heads up.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4863 posts
3538 upvotes
Burnaby
TomRFD wrote: I don't remember seeing a report on this but I'm looking into it now.
It might be just "another lucky coincidence" only. Actually pretty unusual.

Most Chinese e-tailers have a marketing affiliate program, for example ******** marketing affiliate.

Some times marketing affiliates work as a team: pitcher + shills (driving traffic to affiliate shill blog/website).
What is the AliExpress Affiliate Program?
The AliExpress Affiliate Program pays affiliates for traffic that results in completed sales transactions on AliExpress.com, which is managed through Commission Junction (CJ) by our dedicated affiliate management team.

How long is the cookie tracking?
AliExpress tracks all valid transactions occurring up to 60 days after a visitor is directed to AliExpress from your affiliate link.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)