Sell of individual stocks and go all in on CCP?
Just need to hear some opinions.
I hold about 60K in my Questrade account -$50K in TFSA and 10K in RRSP. I am a buy and hold investor. Most of my TFSA is 3 stocks, heavily investing in AAPL. My returns for TFSA is 15 %,, RRSP is 11 %.
I also hold CCP in TD eseries Funds with automatic contributions from every paycheque. This portfolio is very small. I love the TD app, no fees, and the convenience, I barely look at the numbers and will rebalance it soon.
I was thinking of selling off my Questrade TFSA or transferring TFSA and/or RRSP to TD.
I know I could liquidate my TFSA at the end of the year and invest at the beginning of 2019 to not lose contribution room.
- transfer in fees are high, 100-250/ account. Doubt TD would waive them.
- losing $ on selling of USD stocks
- lack of diversification. Questrade has free ETFs and low trade fees of $5.00
- DRIPs. I’ll be able to buy partial units of stocks instead of cash sitting there.
- everything under 1 roof. TD app is great.
- autopilot. Contributions every 2 weeks plus. Compounding of the dividends from the larger sum.
Any help and advice is appreciated.