Shopping Discussion

Seller in ebay modified ad after payment. Seller scams and violation.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2018 9:51 pm
Mar 1, 2018
501 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto

Seller in ebay modified ad after payment. Seller scams and violation.

I ordered a used iPad Pro 12.9 inch. Friday, September 21st at 1 AM. After paying him via Paypal, he modifies on Ebay the wrong description of my purchase which is "Apple iPad Pro 2017 Silver 12.9" 512GB Wi-Fi + 4G iOS10 4GB RAM Tablet By FedEx

Message in ebay concerning my purchase at 1 AM September 21.

"We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Centre to help resolve any problems you may encounter.
This item has been shipped."

"It changes the web page of Ebay concerning my purchase

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/183445737406

"We looked everywhere.

Looks like this page is missing. If you still need help, visit our help pages.

Go to homepage ".

What and what should I do?

Udated September 21 at 4.21 PM. The seller modified
" Apple-iPad-Air-1st-Gen-32GB-Wi-Fi-9-7in-Space-Gray. "

And also, I notice can not leave a bad feeback. This option is not offer.

WOW! Amazing!
9 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1771 posts
1666 upvotes
Vancouver
You wait to see what gets delivered by the expected delivery date, and if it's not what you ordered, file an item not matching description claim. That includes nothing arriving + not the iPad Pro you ordered.
Mar 1, 2018
501 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
He modify " Apple-iPad-Air-1st-Gen-32GB-Wi-Fi-9-7in-Space-Gray. "

And also, I notice can not leave a bad feeback. This option is not offer.

I am deaf, non-verbal and no TTY phone.

Email messabe:
paypal 21-Sep-2018 04:03:27 GMT-04:00
Transaction ID: 5J850314JC8078736

Hello xxxxxxx,
You sent a payment of $150.00 USD to xxxxx@yahoo.com

We've asked the seller to ship.

Thanks for using PayPal. To see all the transaction details, log in to your PayPal account.

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

Seller
xxxxxxxx@yahoo.com
Note to seller
You haven't included a note.
Shipping address - confirmed
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Canada
Shipping details
The seller hasn’t provided any shipping details yet.
Description Unit price Qty Amount
Apple iPad Pro 2017 Silver 12.9" 512GB Wi-Fi+4G iOS10 4GB RAM Tablet By FedEx
Item# 183445737406 $150.00 USD 1 $150.00 USD

Shipping and handling $0.00 USD
Insurance - not offered ----
Total $150.00 USD
Payment $150.00 USD
Payment sent to xxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com
From amount $200.12 CAD
To amount $150.00 USD
Exchange rate: 1 CAD = 0.749555 USD
Issues with this transaction?
You have 180 days from the date of the transaction to open a dispute in the Resolution Center.
Mar 1, 2018
501 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
After paying him via Paypal, he modifies on Ebay the wrong description of my purchase which is Apple-iPad-Air-1st-Gen-32GB-Wi-Fi-9-7in-Space-Gray.
Mar 1, 2018
501 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
And also, I notice can not leave a bad feeback. This option is not offer. Webpage of this ad was modify. How he can do that???????
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5429 posts
5283 upvotes
GTA
It sucks that they do that, but I would never buy used iPad off eBay. Deal locally, less chance of being scammed. If Apple sells 32GB refurbs for over $600, paying someone $150 for a fake listing is not the best investment.
Mar 1, 2018
501 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Update:
no.reply@ebay.com
8:00 AM (11 hours ago)
to me

eBay
Your recent eBay transaction may be from a compromised account

Hello deafnessandhardhearing,

You were recently involved in a transaction for the following item:
183445737406 - Apple iPad Pro 2017 Silver 12.9" 512GB Wi-Fi+4G iOS10 4GB RAM Tablet By FedEx

We're writing to let you know that an unauthorized third party may have accessed the seller's account to list this item. The item has been removed from the site, and the transaction was cancelled. We ask that you take the following precautions:

- If you already paid for the item, you may be protected by eBay. Open a request with the Resolution Centre and choose "I bought an item. I haven't received it yet." You can access the Resolution Centre by visiting:
https://resolutioncentre.ebay.ca

- If the transaction doesn't qualify for eBay's protection, it may be because your payment isn't claimed by the seller or has been reversed. You can request an update on the status of the transaction by contacting the payment service provider.

- If you haven't paid for your item, consider this transaction cancelled and do not send payment.

In this situation, your account wasn't accessed by the third party involved. At eBay, we take a number of steps to help ensure the security of your account. Learn more about protecting your account at:
https://pages.ebay.ca/help/account/protecting.html

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.
Last edited by tom416 on Sep 22nd, 2018 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
8495 posts
2740 upvotes
Milton
In searching your eBay name deafnessandhardhearing it seems rfd is not the only place you have numerous "issues". Perhaps you need to reevaluate online purchasing.

It also seems like your eBay community thread suggested much the same - read your email from eBay, follow the process, and calm down.

Nothing to worry about, and they've already clearly communicated what to do - no need to blog here, it's already taken care of.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)