Shopping Discussion

Seller made an error on my address - USPS delivery?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2010 12:14 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
46452 posts
4606 upvotes
Toronto
sillysimms wrote:
Jul 17th, 2010 6:02 pm
Just wanted to update to say it all worked out - the post office did a good job! I received this on Friday and the post office crossed out the wrong street number and wrote in the correct one.
Thats nice to hear!
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1009 posts
68 upvotes
sillysimms wrote:
Jul 6th, 2010 1:34 pm
I bought something online and it is being sent from Washington via USPS. It is the basic USPS first class mail international where you have a shipping number that says the package has been sent, but there is no point by point tracking as to where the package is now.

The seller just contacted me and said they made a mistake with my address. For example I live at 123 Smith Street, Suite 456 but the seller wrote 456 Smith Street, Suite 456. They wrote my suite number as the suite number AND the street address. The postal code is correct and no other address except for my building has my postal code.

Anyway, the shipper apologized and said they will refund a portion of what I paid. Apparently this shipping sometimes takes some time to arrive to Canada anyways, and if it isn't here in a few weeks they said they will reship, but they think the post office will realize what the mistake is and fix it because of the postal code.

Has anyone had something like this happen and is the post office likely to catch and fix this error?

Update from Post 15: Just wanted to update to say it all worked out - the post office did a good job! I received this on Friday and the post office crossed out the wrong street number and wrote in the correct one.

Maybe a phone call to Canada Post to comment on the good service??
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
8291 posts
4013 upvotes
With buildings its very easy when the postal code is correct as that's what Canada Post goes by anyways. They sort all their mail via postal code so its easy to pick up a wrong # and correct it.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
2688 posts
601 upvotes
Ottawa
boyoflondon wrote:
Jul 19th, 2010 11:04 am
With buildings its very easy when the postal code is correct as that's what Canada Post goes by anyways. They sort all their mail via postal code so its easy to pick up a wrong # and correct it.
When I first moved to my house on a new street, the sorting centre always changed the postal code....even a year after the house was moved into!