• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2019 11:02 am
[OP]
Oct 27, 2016
83 posts
21 upvotes
Vancouver

Selling games on Ebay

I have a bunch of games I want to unload on ebay individually. I only want to sell to Canada and the US. My questions are:

1) should I use lettermail (package them in bubble envelope and drop them in red mailbox)?
2) What fixed price should I charge for shipping?

Can you check out one of my listings and tell me if everything looks ok?
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/283339473448
The Greatest Internet Poster of All Time
26 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8093 posts
1538 upvotes
Toronto
Bubble envelope is fine. However, you 100% must go to a postal counter and have it shipped with tracking. You will need to add this tracking number to the auction after you shipped the item.

The reason tracking is so important is because tracking is the only way to prove that the buyer received something. Without this proof, ebay will always side with the buyer if the deal goes sideways.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
6683 posts
1022 upvotes
Toronto
regardless if you use tracking or not, ebay will side with the seller. You want to have tracking on the package so the buyer has a good experience and you get a 5 star rating.

Edit: I meant Buyer, not seller, Ebay always takes the side of the buyer.
Last edited by toalan on Jan 15th, 2019 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8093 posts
1538 upvotes
Toronto
toalan wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 10:11 pm
regardless if you use tracking or not, ebay will side with the seller. You want to have tracking on the package so the buyer has a good experience and you get a 5 star rating.
ebay will *not* side with the seller if there is no tracking. Otherwise fraud would be totally rampant on ebay because nobody would have to send anything. The worst thing you can do is send an item without tracking, unless it's some low value dollarama item.

Unless you meant ebay will side with the buyer. Tracking lets you prove the buyer received something, and from there ebay will evaluate any concerns on a case by case basis. It's not an auto win for the buyer.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7107 posts
3311 upvotes
Kootenays
After fees and shipping, wouldn't Kijiji be better for you? Vancouver is big enough that there must be a market.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
16346 posts
4464 upvotes
Use Paypal shipping and you get a tracking number. Been doing that for many years...
[OP]
Oct 27, 2016
83 posts
21 upvotes
Vancouver
DougO wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 11:46 pm
Use Paypal shipping and you get a tracking number. Been doing that for many years...
If I wanted to do this what shipping option do i choose here?
Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 9.31.42 PM.png
The Greatest Internet Poster of All Time
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
6683 posts
1022 upvotes
Toronto
appleb wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 11:14 pm
ebay will *not* side with the seller if there is no tracking. Otherwise fraud would be totally rampant on ebay because nobody would have to send anything. The worst thing you can do is send an item without tracking, unless it's some low value dollarama item.

Unless you meant ebay will side with the buyer. Tracking lets you prove the buyer received something, and from there ebay will evaluate any concerns on a case by case basis. It's not an auto win for the buyer.
meant buyer
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
16346 posts
4464 upvotes
Godslamb wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 12:32 am
If I wanted to do this what shipping option do i choose here?

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 9.31.42 PM.png
I usually have options. Expedited or Small packet airmail for US destinations. In Canada domestic 1st class for under 500 gram items with bubble wrap is also good. have yet to lose a parcel in many years...
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
1622 posts
728 upvotes
toalan wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 10:11 pm
You havent sold on ebay have you? I am a powerseller and can tell you that eBay will 100% of the time side with the BUYER. Sellers cant even leave negative feedback anymore for buyers, there is no recourse for sellers and eBay does not care about sellers at all, they only care about the buyers.

I can tell you that you can buy anything on ebay and if the seller does not have a tracking number, all you have to say is they didnt get it and the funds are taken immediately out of the sellers paypal account. There is no arguing this at all as a seller, its cut and dry that you will lose your money.

To the OP, do not sell these games on ebay, after ebay and paypal fees which is around 30%, they even charge fees on the shipping rate! Then you need tracking, which to US by tracked packet is around $16, you are selling at a loss. do not do it. The only reason why I do is I have a very high profit product and I do not offer tracking unless the buyer requests and pays for it. over the years I have had many buyers say they didnt get their item, which I just chalk up to a business loss.
Got that Zoomer account!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
6683 posts
1022 upvotes
Toronto
I made a mistake in my post, I meant to say paypal always takes the side of the buyer.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9136 posts
2081 upvotes
Trump Uni Dropout
And now you have package thieves like these to deal with! Morons who try and steal big screen tvs

There needs to be new laws and new credit card chargeback policies for the 21st century and the digital age. They are so outdated before the internet was even invented!

You only live twice ǝɔᴉʍʇ 😎
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
1622 posts
728 upvotes
toalan wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 2:03 pm
I made a mistake in my post, I meant to say paypal always takes the side of the buyer.
haha ok now that makes more sense. you are right, tracking or not, sellers have zero recourse if a non-received item case is opened. I once had expresspost tracking and it showed that it got right to the door and signed for, the guy said he didnt get it, said that he did not sign for it. Even though I had tracking that said it was delivered, ebay refunded the buyers money and told me to talk to canadapost. Anyone who has dealt with canadapost might know how that went for me. Needless to say I was out over $300 plus my items and the shipping cost that I paid out of my pocket. Good times on ebay. OP rethink your decision to sell a low profit item on ebay, you will lose, end of story.
Got that Zoomer account!