• Nov 26th, 2013 11:13 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 29, 2012
430 posts
435 upvotes

Selling gold/silver in Toronto

Greetings,
Does anyone have experience selling gold or silver to the TV guys?
I.e. Oliver, Oren, Harold.
Not necessarily talking about jewelery, metals bars and bullion as well.
Curious how close they offer to the spot price of the moment.
Do they come 80%, 90% of the market spot price? Far less?
Thank you
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2012
1457 posts
685 upvotes
Woodbridge
Have only sold over Kijiji always have sold 2% over spot and had tons of offers.
Apr 29, 2012
430 posts
435 upvotes
I thank you both for the advice. First I don't know where this PM thread is. Secondly, you guys feel safe selling over Kijiji?
In the past I've sold small things such as text books online and met up with the seller at an agreed location. But metals where the $$ amount can be quite high, you okay with inviting strangers to your place for a high dollar transaction? Or meeting at a Tim Hortons?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
3433 posts
1386 upvotes
Scarborough
rfduser199 wrote: Greetings,
Does anyone have experience selling gold or silver to the TV guys?
I.e. Oliver, Oren, Harold.
Not necessarily talking about jewelery, metals bars and bullion as well.
Curious how close they offer to the spot price of the moment.
Do they come 80%, 90% of the market spot price? Far less?
Thank you
Guess who's paying for their cheeesiest comercials? Lots of desparados left, I suppose.

Try Flea Market's jewellers.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2012
1457 posts
685 upvotes
Woodbridge
rfduser199 wrote: I thank you both for the advice. First I don't know where this PM thread is. Secondly, you guys feel safe selling over Kijiji?
In the past I've sold small things such as text books online and met up with the seller at an agreed location. But metals where the $$ amount can be quite high, you okay with inviting strangers to your place for a high dollar transaction? Or meeting at a Tim Hortons?

You should be able to pick up quite quickly when something is suspicious always meet in populated places; daylight hours with surveillance cameras if your not comfortable inviting strangers to your place. You'll find those buying precious metals aren't the same crowd meeting in back alleys to selling stolen laptops. Do small transactions to start you'll find many buyers and once a few transactions go through okay move more quantity.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2009
1420 posts
109 upvotes
If your bars are from the Canadian mint you can take them to your bank.