• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2018 12:31 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 5, 2018
1 posts

Selling an Isuzu Ascender 2008

Hi,
I have imported an ISUZU Ascender 2008 from US to tow my stuff from US. it basically same car as GMC Envoy and Chevy trail Blazer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isuzu_Ascender) but no ISUZU dealership in Canada anymore. It passed RIV and federal inspection, but I have not taken it to the Ontario safety inspection yet. It had a couple hiccups in the engine. Even though the parts needed to be changed are not expensive, overall cost was a lot. I do not want to spend more. My questions are:
1- Can I sell it as it is on Kijiji? How? What to use for bill of sales?
2- what happens if I take it to the inspection and if it cant pass?
3- I live in Kanata, Ontario. What other options I might have? (scrap-recycle?)

Thanks,
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2011
1329 posts
1052 upvotes
Toronto
You can sell it as is no problem.

You'll need a UVIP (Used Vehicle Information Package) from Service Ontario.

If you take it to inspection and it doesn't pass, there are no ramifications other than it not passing. They will just say you need x, y, and z to pass safety.

I recommend that if you are selling as is, you go with the buyer to Service Ontario to transfer the ownership as unfit / unplated.
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
20404 posts
1916 upvotes
Toronto
xjesterxx wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 11:58 am
You can sell it as is no problem.

You'll need a UVIP (Used Vehicle Information Package) from Service Ontario.

If you take it to inspection and it doesn't pass, there are no ramifications other than it not passing. They will just say you need x, y, and z to pass safety.

I recommend that if you are selling as is, you go with the buyer to Service Ontario to transfer the ownership as unfit / unplated.
this - just post "as is" and let the buyer take care of everything (price will have to reflect this)....

Make sure to go to ServiceOntario together so transfer of ownership is completed properly - gluck!