• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2016 4:48 pm
[OP]
Mar 7, 2011
12 posts
1 upvote
oakville

Selling a used car

:?: :confused: Has anybody dealt with or has any information about http://www.checkpointautos.com/
They saw my ad in Kijji and have called me several times promising to sell my Toyota Sienna at close to asking price (fair market price). They would like a VISA payment of $500 upfront and are promising certified payment for the vehicle which includes the asking price +$500. I know it seems too good to be true. I would like to know if this is a scam or a legitimate outfit. They seem to have a few testimonials at their website. Any insight would be grateful acknowledged.
7 replies
Nov 2, 2006
870 posts
23 upvotes
scam written all over that one - stay away
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3024 posts
1619 upvotes
Vancouver
Ask yourself, what exactly can they do to make your car more attractive to buyers that you can't already do yourself?
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
2115 posts
1063 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ashoksaha wrote: :?: :confused: Has anybody dealt with or has any information about http://www.checkpointautos.com/
They saw my ad in Kijji and have called me several times promising to sell my Toyota Sienna at close to asking price (fair market price). They would like a VISA payment of $500 upfront and are promising certified payment for the vehicle which includes the asking price +$500. I know it seems too good to be true. I would like to know if this is a scam or a legitimate outfit. They seem to have a few testimonials at their website. Any insight would be grateful acknowledged.
Are you serious bro?
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
2115 posts
1063 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Their website says 2,000 cars sold for $750,000.

That's an average price of $375...

They can't even scam right.
Sep 29, 2009
3 posts
Edmonton
Hey these guys just called me too from 1-855-603-6367. I ran their site through http://www.scamadviser.com/ and they've only had their site for 144 days registered to a Justin SINGH in burnaby. Appears to be a real Canadian company. I got a similar offer you did. The 'finance manager' Kevin Reid, on the phone told me that they had 3 potential buyers in my area, offered my pretty much my full asking price (minus a $500 listing fee) and guaranteed me they would sell my car. He wanted the $500 up front, and said if I changed my mind or they couldn't sell my vehicle then they would give me a partial refund.

Sounds too good to be true. Nice loophole they have there though. Put you on the hook for your money and they really don't have to do anything to try and sell for you. Has anyone out there have any luck with these guys? Seems they are just shot gun calling anyone who posts a car on kijiji trying to get these listing fees.
Nov 21, 2011
583 posts
80 upvotes
CALGARY
also got a similar call, didnt answer
has scam written all over it.
should report it to police

scam.! and spam!
not only scam call youll get using kijiji postings