Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 13, 2004
9205 posts
1538 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario

Selling/Using Domains

I have a few domains that I dont use and was looking to sell them. Where would be the best location to sell these domains?

Also I have heard that I can kinda rent/lease them out to companies and they will develop and put whatever they want on them (Usually advertising) and I get a % of the profit? Is this true? If so what companies do this? Which would be best?

Thanks
0_o
<_<
>_>
5 replies
Mar 13, 2012
813 posts
389 upvotes
Near You
Domain parking, your registrar is usually very happy to pick up this business.
💳✈️🌍 American Express Platinum+Gold+Cobalt (Free First-Class Travel) • Rogers WE • STACK
💰 HSBC PremierTangerineEQ BankMotive
📞 Freedom 13GB/45$ • Google Fi 📱 🖥️ Novus 1GIG/60$
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
10922 posts
1852 upvotes
sedo.com
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
22624 posts
8359 upvotes
Unless they're excellent names you're not gonna get much for them.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 13, 2004
9205 posts
1538 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I wonder what the average is for an ok domain name?
death_hawk wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 4:06 pm
Unless they're excellent names you're not gonna get much for them.
0_o
<_<
>_>
Mar 2, 2017
74 posts
51 upvotes
Domain speculation is all about hoping someone has their heart set on a very specific domain and is willing to pay handsomely for it. Generally the shorter the better. Something like a 3 or 4 letter domain with a .com ending probably has some value. If you're patient, some startup with a company name that shortens down into that 3 or 4 letter acronym just might be willing to pay for it. Or maybe if you've got something that's a common typo away from a popular site, it might have some value for a competitive brand or for advertising. But if your domains are something like "superfastvpn.cheap" (or whatever) and you're hoping someone will pay big bucks to buy it and then try and build a brand around it, then I think your chances of getting any $$ out of it are really low. With the massive expansion of the TDL system a few years ago, there's so many combinations out there now that it's too easy to just pick another variation that hasn't been registered before.