• Dec 28th, 2005 2:34 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 2, 2004
607 posts

Sending in a rebate a day late...

Hey guys,

So I went to FutureShop to buy the Logitech X-2300's that were on sale yesterday, and they're still on sale today, although the mail in rebate is gone because it had to be "postmarked" or "sold" by yesterday. The guy said that he could print me off the rebate and I could try sending it in, but he doesn't think that they'll send me the rebate. Do you think Logitech is that strict and checks the reciept for the date of purchase?
23 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
1343 posts
6 upvotes
Burlington
Inferno69 wrote:Hey guys,

So I went to FutureShop to buy the Logitech X-2300's that were on sale yesterday, and they're still on sale today, although the mail in rebate is gone because it had to be "postmarked" or "sold" by yesterday. The guy said that he could print me off the rebate and I could try sending it in, but he doesn't think that they'll send me the rebate. Do you think Logitech is that strict and checks the reciept for the date of purchase?
Yes... they actually check that stuff.
There are two types of people in the world,
those who search for hidden messages, and those who don't.
[OP]
Nov 2, 2004
607 posts
GreenWeenie wrote:Yes... they actually check that stuff.
Damnit damnit damnit!

:mad:
Aug 20, 2003
183 posts
5 upvotes
Hamilton
I'm not sure about your question.. but I did just realize the same thing today too. Those sneaky arseholes. I decide to take the day off (the 27th) and just veg out after a busy 3 days before. This morning at work I decide to crack open the rebate form on a Logitech multi remote and realized the postmark date is December 27th...

Yesterday.

Now I'm wondering if I even waste my time and another 50 cents to mail out the 'rebate' to get my $20 back.

My brother and I were talking on Boxing Day about how deals have basically gone to hell ever since 'Boxing Day' turned into 'Boxing Week'. There were no deals what-so-ever this year in my opinion. It is a disgusting turn, but one that could be seen a mile away. The start of the rebate craze is/was the death of good deals.

I could rant all day but i'll give myself a heart attack, and I'm only 25.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2005
1290 posts
184 upvotes
Winnipeg
It's good to make friends in the post office.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
7938 posts
1612 upvotes
I have received rebates I mailed after the post marked date (but receipt was dated at proper time). The other option if you have a valid reciept for rebate but don't send it in on time...is wait 10 weeks, complain you didn't get it, then send a photo copy of the information "they must have lost" ;)
[OP]
Nov 2, 2004
607 posts
seanwd11 wrote:I'm not sure about your question.. but I did just realize the same thing today too. Those sneaky arseholes. I decide to take the day off (the 27th) and just veg out after a busy 3 days before. This morning at work I decide to crack open the rebate form on a Logitech multi remote and realized the postmark date is December 27th...

Yesterday.

Now I'm wondering if I even waste my time and another 50 cents to mail out the 'rebate' to get my $20 back.

My brother and I were talking on Boxing Day about how deals have basically gone to hell ever since 'Boxing Day' turned into 'Boxing Week'. There were no deals what-so-ever this year in my opinion. It is a disgusting turn, but one that could be seen a mile away. The start of the rebate craze is/was the death of good deals.

I could rant all day but i'll give myself a heart attack, and I'm only 25.
haha, so do they only care when its postmarked, or what the date is on the reciept? Cause' if its only postmarked I bet I could get the post lady to postmark it for yesterday :)
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
1343 posts
6 upvotes
Burlington
Inferno69 wrote:Hey guys,

Do you have a link to the rebate? I doubt it says both that it has to be purchased by Dec 27th and postmarked on Dec 27th. If you meant the offer on the Z-2300 that is here it says:
REBATE AMOUNT: $20 CDN
OFFER DATE: December 22, 2005 to December 27, 2005
POSTMARK BY: January 27, 2006
Aug 20, 2003
183 posts
5 upvotes
Hamilton
True enough but I bought it on the 26th and it needed to be sent out before the 27th. Its just sneaky for them to gie you one day turn around. Considering that one of the days they give you, they don't even have mail service due to holiday.

Rebates, especially Future Shop rebates always suck.

F___ Future Shop !!!
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
1343 posts
6 upvotes
Burlington
seanwd11 wrote:True enough but I bought it on the 26th and it needed to be sent out before the 27th. Its just sneaky for them to gie you one day turn around. Considering that one of the days they give you, they don't even have mail service due to holiday.

Rebates, especially Future Shop rebates always suck.

F___ Future Shop !!!
uhhhh ... reread my post above. What sucks is people who don't read carefully :)

If it's for the z-2300 you have another month to mail it in.

OFFER DATE:
December 22, 2005 to December 27, 2005

Can you say "unf__k futureshop" now?
Aug 20, 2003
183 posts
5 upvotes
Hamilton
Great that they give you a month. You have no problem.

I on the other hand wasn't given that luxury and I'm not happy about it.

I love Futureshop for its price on games, DVD's and media but everything else (especially the snot-nose, know nothing, idiot staff)...

F____ the Future.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
1343 posts
6 upvotes
Burlington
seanwd11 wrote:Great that they give you a month. You have no problem.

I on the other hand wasn't given that luxury and I'm not happy about it.
???? You have the rebate form in hand? It says postmark by Dec 27th??? If you bought it at FShop, use the rebate form I linked to above.
[OP]
Nov 2, 2004
607 posts
GreenWeenie wrote:uhhhh ... reread my post above. What sucks is people who don't read carefully :)

If it's for the z-2300 you have another month to mail it in.

OFFER DATE:
December 22, 2005 to December 27, 2005

Can you say "unf__k futureshop" now?
whoa... I must've read that 10 times now and I just caught on. Wow, I... wow. HAHAH how did I miss that? Okay, does that mean if I buy it today, lets say, and I send it out tomorrow I'll still get the rebate?
Aug 20, 2003
183 posts
5 upvotes
Hamilton
Different products but I will look into it. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
1343 posts
6 upvotes
Burlington
Inferno69 wrote:whoa... I must've read that 10 times now and I just caught on. Wow, I... wow. HAHAH how did I miss that? Okay, does that mean if I buy it today, lets say, and I send it out tomorrow I'll still get the rebate?
No ... you're still toast because the rebate says for purchases between Dec 22 & Dec 27. Today is Dec 28.