Seneca College CPA vs Centennial College Software Engineering Technology

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2012 11:57 am
Apr 13, 2012
1 posts
SCARBOROUGH

Seneca College CPA vs Centennial College Software Engineering Technology

Hey everyone,

I was wondering which program had a better outcome as to languages learned and overall landing a job.

Could anyone that took any of these programs give me some insight.

The two programs I am talking about is Seneca College's Computer Programming and Analysis and Centennial College's Software Engineering Technology - Interactive Gaming.

Thank you!
1 reply
Jun 19, 2009
3 posts
nihilus wrote: Hey everyone,

I was wondering which program had a better outcome as to languages learned and overall landing a job.

Could anyone that took any of these programs give me some insight.

The two programs I am talking about is Seneca College's Computer Programming and Analysis and Centennial College's Software Engineering Technology - Interactive Gaming.

Thank you!

Although I don't have access to hard data, it's generally considered that any college or university program that focuses on Gaming is not overly effective, as there are very few jobs in Gaming compared to how many people want them (especially those with previously-established portfolios). A gaming-focused education doesn't really give you a broad enough background compared with other software-related programs.

I'm associated with the Software Engineering Technology program at Conestoga College. The grads from OUR Co-op program have starting salaries averaging just shy of $60K and typically don't have any problems getting jobs.

Disclaimer: I am biased but I am also being truthful.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)