Students

The SENECA COLLEGE Official Thread

Jan 13, 2006
682 posts
8 upvotes

The SENECA COLLEGE Official Thread

Hi.

Are there any new students coming to Seneca College?

What programs are you guys taking?

Are there any returning students here?

Since there's a thread for almost every University, I decided to create a Seneca College thread. Feel free to post anything.
6872 replies
Aug 13, 2006
45 posts
Heading into semester 3 Marketing Admin in the Markham Campus this year.
May 14, 2006
434 posts
29 upvotes
1st semester Real property Administration. one question is there a lot of sexy girls that go to seneca? i heard york was the best :)
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2003
1531 posts
25 upvotes
1st semester CNS program, switched from YorkU IT...
In answer to the above post, having gone to YorkU for 2 years, I can honestly say yes :D
This message brought to you by Glagnar's Human Rinds. It's a muncha-buncha-cruncha humans!
Jan 13, 2006
682 posts
8 upvotes
Heard that York has many hot asian girls.

Not sure about others...
Dec 12, 2003
103 posts
Part time CNS , i been seneca @ york for the last couple years.

It have alot of hot ASIA girl.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
7527 posts
53 upvotes
Pickering
Starting my first year of the Business Computer Systems program, Markham campus..
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2003
11504 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
Computer500 wrote:Heard that York has many hot asian girls.
finch wrote:Part time CNS , i been seneca @ york for the last couple years.

It have alot of hot ASIA girl.
York has a pretty attractive female student body of all ethnicities, rated one of the best looking schools in North America if I'm not mistaken...
Heatware | eBay | (Last updated 12-28-2008)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6651 posts
995 upvotes
GTA
1st semester COMPUTER PROGRAMMING AND ANALYSIS @York....

do we get to use the food/gym/bar places on rest of the Keele campus too or do we have to stay in our seneca buildings?

for the people that goes to newham or @York is there free parking around or no?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2003
1531 posts
25 upvotes
greg123 wrote:1st semester COMPUTER PROGRAMMING AND ANALYSIS @York....

do we get to use the food/gym/bar places on rest of the Keele campus too or do we have to stay in our seneca buildings?

for the people that goes to newham or @York is there free parking around or no?
No, you are not confined to the Seneca building, in fact Seneca shares the TEL building with York so you are free to use any of the facilities on the whole campus (except computer labs obviously).

There's no free parking around York, just the Staples parking lot, if you want to walk to class for 10 minutes, or there's a little space across Steeles from the York gym (a bit of a grey area really) which is also pretty far.
This message brought to you by Glagnar's Human Rinds. It's a muncha-buncha-cruncha humans!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6651 posts
995 upvotes
GTA
rai_dei wrote:No, you are not confined to the Seneca building, in fact Seneca shares the TEL building with York so you are free to use any of the facilities on the whole campus (except computer labs obviously).

There's no free parking around York, just the Staples parking lot, if you want to walk to class for 10 minutes, or there's a little space across Steeles from the York gym (a bit of a grey area really) which is also pretty far.
for the parking lots you mentioned are there time limits on how long you can park? gotta try and find the places tommrow
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2003
1531 posts
25 upvotes
greg123 wrote:for the parking lots you mentioned are there time limits on how long you can park? gotta try and find the places tommrow
I really don't know about times.
The steeles one is not actually a parking... its more of a little area where people just leave their car and run across 6 lanes to get to class on time :D
Staples may have a time limit for customers and the like, but how would they know, maybe you went to LCBO or summin... :D
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2003
11504 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
Quick note; the biggest speed traps are on the roads entering the campus from a major street. Unmarked cruisers will lurk behind the trees, so watch your speed (and for the safety of pedestrians, primarily).
greg123 wrote:do we get to use the food/gym/bar places on rest of the Keele campus too or do we have to stay in our seneca buildings?
You get use of some parts of the TEL building. Most specialized rooms require a student card that shows a need to use them based on your course, which means exclusion from a lot of them. Basically, it's the computer classrooms/labs and the Learning Commons.

For "free" parking at Seneca@York, there's the Staples lot as mentioned and a few people also try the one around the bank or the side streets. The police were ticketing those a lot heavier by the time I left, so I'd advise against it unless you have a reason (for example, one of my buddies had a mom who worked at the bank).
Heatware | eBay | (Last updated 12-28-2008)
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2006
1093 posts
920 upvotes
I did the ACF (accounting & finance) program at Seneca Newnham campus, all 3 years, not a bad program at all. I actually learned quite a bit! In the last year you do an INSANE amount of work, but damn is it worth it.

I heard they changed one of the courses (EAC 694) to be literally only half the amount of work ...lucky bastards :)

Btw, you can get an exemption to the first 2 years of the accounting program at ryerson (or the finance major like me), however they'll probably make you apply for transfer credits to at least 2 or 3 courses. Pain in the a$$.
not to put down sheridan, but those poor kids who transfered over from that school never seemed to know anything ..haha

If you goto college first, you have no idea how lucky you are. University faculty are SO freaking snobby, they think they're so special cuz they're a university and treat you pretty crappy, at least at ryerson its like that. Tried to get my osap documents negotiated, and the girl at the door to the gym was being a total beatch to all the first year students. Wooo way to make an impression!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
7527 posts
53 upvotes
Pickering
Goddamnit, I'm at the Markham campus sitting in the cafeteria, and I can't find a damn outlet to plug in my laptop. My 2 hours battery life isn't going to cut it...
Apr 4, 2005
966 posts
22 upvotes
Markham
just came from Newnham campus 1st day of school....pretty big school..i got lost. =( dammit i hate being a freshmen. Lolz :mad: o well, today was good still...macked on a asian chick and got her digits =D
Aware
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
7527 posts
53 upvotes
Pickering
All of you athletic types should sign up for the Intercampus Flag Football tournament.

Markham campus is really nice, easy enough to find everything so far.

I have a 4 hour break between classes on tuesdays and wednesdays, I need to find a place to nap...
May 14, 2006
434 posts
29 upvotes
do you know where i can park for free at the newham campus? just dont wanna pay 4$ for one course that i have for 1 hour. waste of money
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6651 posts
995 upvotes
GTA
clipz wrote:do you know where i can park for free at the newham campus? just dont wanna pay 4$ for one course that i have for 1 hour. waste of money
yes if anyone know pleaser share... i have class 3-10.. if i parked on campus i would have to pay the day fee then the night one :mad:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)