Students

The SENECA COLLEGE Official Thread

Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2003
1377 posts
2779 upvotes
Scarborough
Regarding the free Vista keys. Here's the info on how it works:

Different academic programs have different levels of access to MSDNAA, which is Microsoft's Academic Alliance. For example, the Computer Engineering Technology program allows you access to Vista, Windows XP, MS Office 2007, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, MS Exchange Server 2007, Visual Studio 2005, etc. Software is available as CD/DVD image files only and you have to download and burn it yourself.

For the software programs that require a cd key, you have access to 1 (ONE and only ONE) unique cd key for each program.

Okay... so where do I get this stuff? Go to acs.senecac.on.ca and click "Downloads" on the left-hand side. You have to log in with your Seneca username and password. To get CD keys, click on "MSDNAA License" on the left-hand side, right below "Downloads". Again, you'll be prompted to enter your Seneca username and password.

If you don't know your username/password, then you probably haven't created it yet. Go to https://www.senecac.on.ca/pwservice/itaup.jsp and click on the "Activate my account" button.

Enjoy! If you have any difficulties, contact the Student Help Desk at 416-493-9867 and press 1. They love dealing with these types of requests for assistance. :twisted: :lol:
Dec 2, 2007
25 posts
brampton
hi guys i completed my ccna and mcsa certifications but now im thinking about a college diploma. i was thinking about either

http://www.senecac.on.ca/fulltime/CNS.html

i dont want to go for a 3 yr diploma due to time and money but the course looks easier than my 2 certs. what do you guys think? the diploma looks easier than my certs.

ps sorry for the double post...
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
11012 posts
1513 upvotes
RFD
zoltron30 wrote:
Aug 19th, 2008 8:32 pm
hi guys i completed my ccna and mcsa certifications but now im thinking about a college diploma. i was thinking about either

http://www.senecac.on.ca/fulltime/CNS.html

i dont want to go for a 3 yr diploma due to time and money but the course looks easier than my 2 certs. what do you guys think? the diploma looks easier than my certs.

ps sorry for the double post...
I talked to you last time. Since you got the certs, you're gonna cakewalk everything. :cheesygri
Dec 2, 2007
25 posts
brampton
radeonboy wrote:
Aug 19th, 2008 9:52 pm
I talked to you last time. Since you got the certs, you're gonna cakewalk everything. :cheesygri
hey radeonboy yeah still kinda thinking. may complete the diploma in the evening then take a few ryerson courses afterwards. the scripting is perhaps the most challenging.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2007
1197 posts
165 upvotes
Richmond Hill
has anyone ever attended seneca's frosh? and also, whose attending King campus this year? how are the facilities there?
Jun 11, 2008
257 posts
10 upvotes
Ottawa
@ kaws,

I dont personally go to King, but my girlfriend does. Itll be her second year this year. The facilities are alright I guess. Its pretty clean/new and peaceful in that area. Res is pretty cool too. In terms of frosh, I cant really tell ya, but if you want I can ask my ***** LOL.. and see what she says.
Sep 9, 2007
175 posts
1 upvote
Can Seneca students get any deals on laptops like most colleges offer?
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2007
1197 posts
165 upvotes
Richmond Hill
905fcuk wrote:
Aug 21st, 2008 1:11 pm
@ kaws,

I dont personally go to King, but my girlfriend does. Itll be her second year this year. The facilities are alright I guess. Its pretty clean/new and peaceful in that area. Res is pretty cool too. In terms of frosh, I cant really tell ya, but if you want I can ask my ***** LOL.. and see what she says.
sounds good. all i really am interested in the gym/weight lifting facility. i won't be staying at res since i have a house in toronto. but damn! king campus is quite remote.
Jun 11, 2008
257 posts
10 upvotes
Ottawa
kaws wrote:
Aug 21st, 2008 10:32 pm
sounds good. all i really am interested in the gym/weight lifting facility. i won't be staying at res since i have a house in toronto. but damn! king campus is quite remote.
LOL.. omigod dont even start me on the public transportation there.. busses dont run on sunday? WTF? But yeah Ive been to the gym its pretty small but not many people go there so it should be pretty spacey. I think my gf will be working there but yeah cant really expect anything much since that school is in the middle of bumfcuk no where.
Oct 29, 2007
216 posts
4 upvotes
Business Admin Graduate

Msg me if you need any help choosing courses or want to know what courses/profs are easy.
Sep 9, 2007
175 posts
1 upvote
Has anyone done the one year co-op program or know anything about it?

I'm wondering if you can intern abroad somewhere or if it has to be locally.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
7487 posts
40 upvotes
Pickering
Anyone else get a course thrown into their timetable with the course code RES007?

Just noticed now, still trying to figure out what the hell it is....

Eugh, SIRIS just says it's School 07. No details otherwise.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2008
3026 posts
330 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Joker12 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2008 11:19 am
Business Admin Graduate

Msg me if you need any help choosing courses or want to know what courses/profs are easy.
plz help me =D
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
11012 posts
1513 upvotes
RFD
There should be some sort of Seneca @ York RFD meet. :confused:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)