Students

The SENECA COLLEGE Official Thread

Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
7487 posts
40 upvotes
Pickering
Goddamnit, I'm at the Markham campus sitting in the cafeteria, and I can't find a damn outlet to plug in my laptop. My 2 hours battery life isn't going to cut it...
Apr 4, 2005
932 posts
3 upvotes
Markham
just came from Newnham campus 1st day of school....pretty big school..i got lost. =( dammit i hate being a freshmen. Lolz :mad: o well, today was good still...macked on a asian chick and got her digits =D
Aware
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
7487 posts
40 upvotes
Pickering
All of you athletic types should sign up for the Intercampus Flag Football tournament.

Markham campus is really nice, easy enough to find everything so far.

I have a 4 hour break between classes on tuesdays and wednesdays, I need to find a place to nap...
May 14, 2006
397 posts
10 upvotes
do you know where i can park for free at the newham campus? just dont wanna pay 4$ for one course that i have for 1 hour. waste of money
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
5020 posts
346 upvotes
Toronto
clipz wrote:do you know where i can park for free at the newham campus? just dont wanna pay 4$ for one course that i have for 1 hour. waste of money
yes if anyone know pleaser share... i have class 3-10.. if i parked on campus i would have to pay the day fee then the night one :mad:
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
3637 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
There's really nowhere u can park for free. I tried parking across the street where the homes are and they have parking enforcement that tag your vehicle for almost the entire day so it's really not worth it.

As for paying a day/night fee.. I believe you can get your ticket stamped so you can leave and come back, although I'm not sure how late you have class. I originally thought no full-time day classes go past 6pm.

Learn to do what most others have done, pack your schedule in with classes. I have 3 days of class/week.
Feb 8, 2006
255 posts
2 upvotes
greg123 wrote:yes if anyone know pleaser share... i have class 3-10.. if i parked on campus i would have to pay the day fee then the night one :mad:
Parking for free at seneca is almost entirely not an option. Dont park at loblaws. Dont park across finch at the houses. If you go east on finch, just after the 404, on the right theres a street you can park on. I think its van horne, something like that. You can park for free there if you dont mind walking a bit, sucks in the winter though.

Also, ALWAYS get your parking pass stamped, cuz it will allow you in and out access. Your day passes are only good until 5:30pm, so if you have a day class and a night class you have to pay twice, but night time is cheaper.
HOWEVER! If you get your pass stamped in the day, and go through one of the parking booths with the nice lady (not sure if she still works there) she'll let you in if you're nice, all they have to do is push a button. They always pick the same booths, so when you find the nice lady, always goto her.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
10770 posts
1351 upvotes
RFD
rai_dei wrote:No, you are not confined to the Seneca building, in fact Seneca shares the TEL building with York so you are free to use any of the facilities on the whole campus (except computer labs obviously).

There's no free parking around York, just the Staples parking lot, if you want to walk to class for 10 minutes, or there's a little space across Steeles from the York gym (a bit of a grey area really) which is also pretty far.
I might go walk around campuses once I get another chance. It was boring today staying in one Seneca building.

Man there seems to be nothing to do. Is there any clubs or something.

Someone be my friend! LOOOL
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
5020 posts
346 upvotes
Toronto
radeonboy wrote:I might go walk around campuses once I get another chance. It was boring today staying in one Seneca building.

iam coming thursday....
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2003
1517 posts
12 upvotes
radeonboy wrote:I might go walk around campuses once I get another chance. It was boring today staying in one Seneca building.

I've got a bit of free time, i'm on campus pretty much every day. Stupid Seneca schedule :(
This message brought to you by Glagnar's Human Rinds. It's a muncha-buncha-cruncha humans!
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2003
11504 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
lumlum1013 wrote:lol mini rfd meet at S@Y..?

Im taking graphic design at S@Y
How is that? I got rejected, because I couldn't draw. As if I would need that for Graphic Design...! :razz:
Heatware | eBay | (Last updated 12-28-2008)
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
10770 posts
1351 upvotes
RFD
well seems like a great day today. i made some new friends and I see potential easy going friends.

but im friendly to everyone whoever approaches me.
Sep 5, 2006
5 posts
Getting into Informatics and Security at Seneca @ York in January (1st year)
Sep 5, 2006
5 posts
greg123 wrote:for the parking lots you mentioned are there time limits on how long you can park? gotta try and find the places tommrow
here's a tip: after 3 or 4 parking at Pioneer Village is free, the attendant leaves so you dont have to pay anything. That's if you are willing to walk across campus everyday
[OP]
Jan 13, 2006
682 posts
7 upvotes
Headhunter wrote:How is that? I got rejected, because I couldn't draw. As if I would need that for Graphic Design...! :razz:
I've heard that there is a testing process to get into Graphic design.
What do you actually have to do? bring your portfolio???

Draw images?