Students

The SENECA COLLEGE Official Thread

Dec 11, 2008
143 posts
10 upvotes
Markham
darkdarkforest wrote:
Sep 5th, 2016 4:21 pm
Who can I speak to if I want to switch a course slot in my first year?
You would have to speak with the coordinator of your program. Keep in mind that some programs don't allow switching course times for first semester students.
Sep 4, 2016
1 posts
Hey all,

Guys, can you please clarify one thing. I'm considering to apply for CTY program and on the website it says that it will take 3 years to finish, so 2 semesters per year. But as far as I understood, there are 3 semesters in the academic year in Seneca (Fall, Winter and Summer) and this program is available for enrolling in any semester.
So is it technically possible to take 3 semesters in the academic year without a break and finish the program earlier?
May 8, 2015
57 posts
3 upvotes
East York, ON
Yes, a lot of people actually forgo the break and continue through the summer.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1465 posts
40 upvotes
Dont forget to do the CO-OP option for CTY.
...life is nothing more than a journey through the consequences of our actions...

Kingsway Image Instagram || Gallery
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
3939 posts
474 upvotes
Anyone know if I can graduate with a CNS diploma and do the extra courses for CTY part time?
Nov 8, 2013
3 posts
I assume you can't join york clubs if you have classes at S@Y huh
Apr 2, 2010
113 posts
3 upvotes
Is anyone here in the post-grad HRM program? Or the Government Relations program? Thinking of applying to them but I'm not sure...
Sep 4, 2014
44 posts
Toronto, ON
GringoCA wrote:
Sep 5th, 2016 9:23 pm
Hey all,

Guys, can you please clarify one thing. I'm considering to apply for CTY program and on the website it says that it will take 3 years to finish, so 2 semesters per year. But as far as I understood, there are 3 semesters in the academic year in Seneca (Fall, Winter and Summer) and this program is available for enrolling in any semester.
So is it technically possible to take 3 semesters in the academic year without a break and finish the program earlier?

Yeah, it's doable. I've done it.
It took me 8 consecutive semesters with 3 co-op semesters..so 5 academic terms (Knocked one semester off by taking part time classes while doing co-op)

For you 6 semesters/2 years if you don't do co-op, and which is NOT ADVISABLE to do the CTY program without the co-op.

Kherani wrote:
Sep 18th, 2016 11:08 am
Anyone know if I can graduate with a CNS diploma and do the extra courses for CTY part time?
Yes. Many have done it.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
3939 posts
474 upvotes
sudoroot wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2016 3:27 pm
GringoCA wrote:
Sep 5th, 2016 9:23 pm
Hey all,

Yeah, it's doable. I've done it.
It took me 8 consecutive semesters with 3 co-op semesters..so 5 academic terms (Knocked one semester off by taking part time classes while doing co-op)

For you 6 semesters/2 years if you don't do co-op, and which is NOT ADVISABLE to do the CTY program without the co-op.

Kherani wrote:
Sep 18th, 2016 11:08 am
Yes. Many have done it.
So theoretically I could get two diplomas at the end of everything?
Sep 4, 2014
44 posts
Toronto, ON
Kherani wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2016 4:41 pm
Yeah, that's my understanding.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
3939 posts
474 upvotes
sudoroot wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2016 4:46 pm
Kherani wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2016 4:41 pm
Yeah, that's my understanding.
Thanks for the advice, I'll ask the coordinator and confirm.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1465 posts
40 upvotes
It is not possible to get 2 diplomas while being in the CTY stream.

You need to switch to CNS (eliminates the co-op option) or during your 4th semester CTY you have to request to be transfered to the CNS stream to graduate early. Either way, the first diploma comes from the CNS stream and then you continue to do the CTY courses.
...life is nothing more than a journey through the consequences of our actions...

Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
3939 posts
474 upvotes
NLI10D wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2016 11:35 am
It is not possible to get 2 diplomas while being in the CTY stream.

You need to switch to CNS (eliminates the co-op option) or during your 4th semester CTY you have to request to be transfered to the CNS stream to graduate early. Either way, the first diploma comes from the CNS stream and then you continue to do the CTY courses.
I'm in my fourth semester of CTY. I didn't due coop because I had health issues and my GPA was negatively affected. So if I transfer to CNS and graduate, I'll be getting a CNS diploma and then if I do the last year of CTY part time then I should be able to get the second diploma, right?
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1465 posts
40 upvotes
simranwills wrote:
Oct 4th, 2016 8:00 pm
i am doing dat702 with Rhonda Murdoch. can you please send me mid-term, quizzes and lab answers if you have that. My email is ; simranwills@gmail.com
Would you like the exams as well?