Students

The SENECA COLLEGE Official Thread

Sep 4, 2014
44 posts
Toronto, ON
simranwills wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2016 2:18 am
What about the new professor he also gonna give the same exams??
It depends on the prof..sometimes they're too lazy to come up with their own exam and use exam of the senior profs, but new prof usually means new exams.
TrinityC277748 wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2016 4:02 pm
I am currently in CPA and i applied to transfer to CTY. i am currently failling IPC and i dont think i will be able to pass that course. Will i still get transferred to CTY even if i fail only ipc?
In my opinion you can still transfer over as you don't need ipc for CTY..but make sure you're passing all the other subjects especially ULI. But only your (CTY) coordinator can give the correct answer
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1463 posts
39 upvotes
TrinityC277748 wrote:
Oct 26th, 2016 8:28 pm
What do you guys prefer or find it much easier. CTY OR IPC?
apples and oranges, one is a course and the other is a class. FYI IPC can be used as an elective class for CTY
...life is nothing more than a journey through the consequences of our actions...

Kingsway Image Instagram || Gallery
Mar 6, 2015
224 posts
6 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Does anyone knows about Chemical and Biology programs at Seneca ? Say Biotech, Chem lab, Chemical Engineering tech etc.
Apr 25, 2008
136 posts
5 upvotes
Scarborough
Does anyone know who does the IPC drop-in workshop on Fridays at the S@Y library? I'm only doing IPC144 'cause I need the credit but I feel like I'm struggling as I'm not a programmer
Sep 4, 2014
44 posts
Toronto, ON
TrinityC277748 wrote:
Oct 29th, 2016 4:43 pm
sorry i meant CPA Or CTY
CTY is sooo much easier than CPA (I'm doing CPD part-time)
Both are useless without a co-op.

redroses wrote:
Nov 1st, 2016 7:44 pm
Does anyone know who does the IPC drop-in workshop on Fridays at the S@Y library? I'm only doing IPC144 'cause I need the credit but I feel like I'm struggling as I'm not a programmer
Not sure of the name..but the drop in is from 4:30-6:40

Let me guess..losing it about the pointers and structs?

TrinityC277748 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2016 5:35 pm
is it too late to drop a course? i want to drop IPC because i will fail it for sure.
You still have until the 11th apparently
http://www.senecacollege.ca/registrar/d ... l2016.html
Apr 25, 2008
136 posts
5 upvotes
Scarborough
sudoroot wrote:
Nov 6th, 2016 10:54 pm

redroses wrote:

I'm losing it about everything, tbh.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
3939 posts
473 upvotes
sudoroot wrote:
TrinityC277748 wrote:
Oct 29th, 2016 4:43 pm
sorry i meant CPA Or CTY
CTY is sooo much easier than CPA (I'm doing CPD part-time)
Both are useless without a co-op.

redroses wrote:

TrinityC277748 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2016 5:35 pm
is it too late to drop a course? i want to drop IPC because i will fail it for sure.
You still have until the 11th apparently
http://www.senecacollege.ca/registrar/d ... l2016.html
I'm in my last semester of CTY and didn't do co-op. I have found employment already after I graduate, and my a couple of my other friends have as well. Co-op is good and all, but it's not the end of the world if you don't do it.
Nov 6, 2016
1 posts
I'm a highschool senior considering two different programs at Seneca and I would really appreciate some advice. The programs I'm interested in are CTY and CPA. I've heard that CPA is harder, which isn't necessarily a deal-breaker for me. I'm wondering about the differences in terms of:

What type of co-op placements and careers you could get into? In other words, which program would provide the most opportunities and room for advancement in the end?
Last edited by chimtae on Nov 7th, 2016 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 4, 2014
44 posts
Toronto, ON
redroses wrote:
Nov 6th, 2016 11:43 pm
sudoroot wrote:

redroses wrote:

Jeez..if you're struggling with a specific lab/assignment let me know via pm I might have some stuff. As for the rest/topic clarifications - learning centre/drop in is your best bet.
Sep 4, 2014
44 posts
Toronto, ON
Kherani wrote:
Nov 6th, 2016 11:57 pm
I'm in my last semester of CTY and didn't do co-op. I have found employment already after I graduate, and my a couple of my other friends have as well. Co-op is good and all, but it's not the end of the world if you don't do it.
Wow..good job dude. What position if I may ask? Did you have any experience in the technical field or was it 0?
Apr 25, 2008
136 posts
5 upvotes
Scarborough
Thanks eh. I'll pm you.
sudoroot wrote:
Nov 7th, 2016 7:33 pm
redroses wrote:
Nov 6th, 2016 11:43 pm
sudoroot wrote:

Jeez..if you're struggling with a specific lab/assignment let me know via pm I might have some stuff. As for the rest/topic clarifications - learning centre/drop in is your best bet.
Nov 13, 2016
2 posts
Hello everyone,

I am new to Canada . I have done B.eng from India and I am thinking of applying to CNS course.

Is this a good course if i want to apply for the jobs (tech support jobs)? Has anybody done this course after going to University?
What are the job opportunities?