Students

The SENECA COLLEGE Official Thread

Jan 23, 2017
2 posts
StrawberryHoarder wrote:
Jan 4th, 2017 12:09 am
Can anyone recommend an easy Arts & Humanities gen ed course? I need to take one and was hoping to do it over the summer (preferably online or at newnham). Thanks!
I took Global Warming which was online, pretty easy course IMO.
Dec 25, 2011
231 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
Just got an offer for Firefighter, Pre-Service Education and Training. Anyone else? Sounds exciting.
Never been to the campus; any idea on how it is overall?
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
3897 posts
452 upvotes
Anyone know what happened to Brian Douglas? My buddy got a message at the beginning of the semester that said he is no longer a faculty member.
Apr 25, 2008
133 posts
5 upvotes
Scarborough
Anyone here have experience with PHP701? Just need a bit of a helping hand.
Sep 4, 2014
44 posts
Toronto, ON
Juggernaut1 wrote:
Feb 9th, 2017 11:03 pm
Hello everyone, in terms of landing a job would you say this program at sheridan is any good: https://academics.sheridancollege.ca/pr ... st/courses

or to do CTY at Seneca?
As long as there's a co-op portion either would work.

But, from what I'm seeing from the curriculum Sheridan is the way to go. They learn programming along with networking and sysadmin stuff which I think is more well rounded.
Kherani wrote:
Feb 13th, 2017 9:24 pm
Anyone know what happened to Brian Douglas? My buddy got a message at the beginning of the semester that said he is no longer a faculty member.
Weird. I hope he's ok.
Mar 15, 2017
2 posts
Hi Im new to this forum but I did skim through the thread and cant find anything about the required fees to enter Seneca.

Im pursuing a study permit at Seneca. I hope you can help me with theses questions:
1) As an international student, how much are we required to pay for the tuition before we get to Canada?
Is it for one sem fee only or are we required to pay for the full course?
2) How was your experience during application?
3) How long did it take you from application to receiving your permit?

I would greatly appreciate your help... thanks

- shucks -
Feb 13, 2017
7 posts
1 upvote
Hey, I applied and got accepted to Computer Networking and Technical Support CNS. I was wondering if this program could get me a job right after the 2 years or if it would allow me to go to university for 2 years after? And what type of uni program could I get in to, like a computer science or an information technology program or both?

I heard that I should transfer to CTY to get co-op, could someone give me some more details? Like transfer after my first year? Or...
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
2661 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
Nord31 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 7:32 pm
Hey, I applied and got accepted to Computer Networking and Technical Support CNS. I was wondering if this program could get me a job right after the 2 years or if it would allow me to go to university for 2 years after? And what type of uni program could I get in to, like a computer science or an information technology program or both?

I heard that I should transfer to CTY to get co-op, could someone give me some more details? Like transfer after my first year? Or...
I would recommend going into CTY first, and then doing co-op, and then transferring out to CNS to graduate early.

I did this and got a job 3 months after graduating with an okay 40K salary. A little bit after that, I found a better job with better pay. While I am lucky, there are lots of opportunities out there.
Feb 13, 2017
7 posts
1 upvote
Sepharite wrote:
Apr 6th, 2017 6:45 pm
I would recommend going into CTY first, and then doing co-op, and then transferring out to CNS to graduate early.

I did this and got a job 3 months after graduating with an okay 40K salary. A little bit after that, I found a better job with better pay. While I am lucky, there are lots of opportunities out there.
Thanks for the answer, I appreciate it.

When it comes to jobs, is there potential for me to move up a company into higher paying jobs or will I just be stuck in a certain position and certain pay range? I've seen people say I should get certificates (on this forum, granted those threads were from 2009/2010), is that something you did to get the better job?
Mar 6, 2015
156 posts
3 upvotes
I have asked this before and I shall ask again. Have anyone taken Chemical Engineering technology, biotech technologist or chemical lab technician advance diploma or diploma programs? My questions follow.

1) How much chance a student can get into co-op and get a placement?
2) If you had taken the program, how did yours compare to similar ones at other colleges in Ontario and Alberta?
3) After graduation or leaving the program, how helpful are your education, co-op and whatnots in your career so far?

Thanks again....

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)