Students

The SENECA COLLEGE Official Thread

Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
8400 posts
391 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm a CNS/CTY alumni and only finished it because I was in my 3rd year. I want to propose a question to those who are looking to get in the CNS/CTY program at this point in time. I believe when I was taking the course, the IT landscape had already changed for the worse with a lot of outsourcing, etc. Anyway...

Automation is going to be the next big thing imo and I believe its going to change many things/areas very quickly over the next 10 years. Are you guys/gals re-evaluating if courses such as CNS/CTY are going to become "useless" or needed less? I would have rather taken automation courses back then, when I had chosen the CNS/CTY program. I'd suggest everyone to load up on software programming courses because that is going to roll over to automation. That's just my opinion.

IFS would be the next safe bet.
Aug 7, 2015
5 posts
East York, ON
I'm going into Arts and Science program this September and wondering if the classes for first semester is chosen for you. I did okay in High school and not so good in university. So I am going to do this program for one year. Also wondering the difficulty of the program. I believe I am a hard working student that will try their best and not slack off and do assignments at the very last minute
Mar 6, 2015
210 posts
4 upvotes
surflife6 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2017 12:13 pm
I'm going into Arts and Science program this September.
Besides program information, why are you taking this program given that its course contents are similar to freshman sciences?
Aug 7, 2015
5 posts
East York, ON
I got suspended from university for a year for not meeting the requirement. So I plan on taking the program for a year and I did not do well in first year
Mar 6, 2015
210 posts
4 upvotes
Not intending to rub [redflagdeals] in wounds, would taking similar courses at Seneca help boost your performance at university? Or are you aiming to take transfer credits for later use? It is already late June. In about 2 months plus days, you are taking those courses. What factors are going to help you perform better this time? In another post, a parent looks for tutoring for grade 11 son who is going into grade 12. Do you think tutoring on college level courses can help you this time.

Not to mention having some buddies at Seneca in or finished the program, peer pressure can positively feedback on your performance, or negatively. I guess that you have already experienced peer influences at university or whatnots...
Mar 6, 2015
210 posts
4 upvotes
surflife6 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2017 12:13 pm
http://www.senecacollege.ca/fulltime/ASU.html#layer6
Semester 1 courses are already chosen for the student but you ask "classes". Maybe you want to ask the advisors? Contact the Office of the Registrar on Monday to clarify this. You can reach them at (416) 493-4144. Also Seneca has Live Chat for real time Questions and Answers. No other Ontario College has that service so make use of it when you have time...
Aug 7, 2015
5 posts
East York, ON
I don't want to go into too much detail as anyone can read this but I'll PM you the situation. I don't think it will boost my performance as the courses I am taking does not pertain to what I did in university but I believe it will provide me the tools to be a hard working student and allow me to improve my time management skills. Those skills are transferable to any job and education regardless of a program and that's what I want to improve. Regrading tutoring, is your son struggling in subjects like Math, English or Science? If that's the case, I think it might be worth it although personally he would need to fix his foundations in math if that's the problem for example. I went for Math tutoring in high school and my tutor went from the basics and it helped immensely with grade 12 as I lacked the foundation from grade 10 &11.
Jul 3, 2017
1 posts
Is it normal for transfer credits to take a really long time? Applied for transfer credits on May, still nothing when I look up the transfer credit report. Probably gonna go to their office tomorrow.

Also anyone take the Skills Assessment for English? Don't even know the results of that (took it in May also). Too bad they don't even email you about it.

edit: Turns out it was their mistake... lol classic.
Jul 21, 2017
5 posts
Hi, I'm planning to apply to Seneca for their Accounting and Finance program for this fall 2017, by reading through seneca's reviews from facebook and other sites so far, it quite confusing me whether Seneca is a good or not, thus right now I'm looking for more information, is there any recommendation or information about this?

thanks.
Jul 24, 2017
3 posts
Hello everyone

I have an exam coming soon

Any goodies exams prepare for

Hw101
Uli101a
Iso110
Apc 100

I have holly as a teacher
Jul 24, 2017
3 posts
Yes u wont know and teachers for English are insane for 150 college
Prepare to read alot and essay
Jul 24, 2017
3 posts
I am on 1st semester exams coming

cns and planning to do co op. Then see further on. Sercuity etc.

It would be great if u have some exams stuff and test for reference
May 8, 2015
52 posts
3 upvotes
East York, ON
Anyone have experience taking any of the core 4th semester cty courses in night school? I'm currently doing my co-op work term but would like to get ahead by taking a few courses while I'm still at work. How different can the curriculum be? Am I better off taking mostly professional options and gen eds?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
2668 posts
484 upvotes
Toronto
Night school is notorious for being easier than the day classes. I would recommend taking the professional options if you are able to handle it, like NDD.