Students

The SENECA COLLEGE Official Thread

May 8, 2015
60 posts
3 upvotes
East York, ON
Sepharite wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 2:20 pm
Night school is notorious for being easier than the day classes. I would recommend taking the professional options if you are able to handle it, like NDD.
Thanks Sepharite, I've been advised to take NDD during day school. I understand it's easier, but I like Ryan as a teacher so I don't mind riding out the difficulties.

I was more asking about courses like INT420 or WIN700 and whether there'll be a significant difference in things I'll learn in night school vs day school.
Mar 6, 2015
233 posts
7 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Merc with a Mouth wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 12:42 am
requested information on Seneca Accounting and Finance
My advice is to attend college if the program you wish to take is a known strength or unique. Examples would be the chef school at George Brown, Paramedic at various colleges, Information Security Degree at Seneca/Sheridan, Art school at Seneca/Sheridan, Supply Chain Management at Humber, and many other programs.
Information post only.
Mar 6, 2015
233 posts
7 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Any current Chemical Lab, Biotech, Chemical Engineering tech or Pharmaceutial Chemistry student here? How are the programs in terms of laboratory work?
Aug 10, 2017
3 posts
1337rice wrote:
Sep 5th, 2010 7:54 pm
honestly...you guys never been to the Markham campus at all...I was there for 1st and 2nd year, the FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Stewardess) program ,and the travel and tourism program was an awesome sight :lol:
Hi! I am an incoming Flight Services student (Flight Attendant). Do you recommend buying the uniform at the "school site" (which is very expensive) or just any stores such as h&m (like the black pencil skirt)? And will I use a laptop in this course often or just the ipad will suffice? Last question, do you know anything about the seven day MILE trip? Is is mandatory to go in these trips? :)))))
Aug 10, 2017
3 posts
Hello sorry for the dumb question

If I wanted to take 60%+ course load at night school and no courses at my current full time program would I have to withdraw to avoid having to pay fees? (I haven't paid the deposit yet)
Mar 6, 2015
233 posts
7 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
lucky14 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 11:19 am
Hi! I am an incoming Flight Services student (Flight Attendant).
RFD features the private messaging between two RFDers. Right click on a RFDer username, the user profile opens in a new tab. Click onto the glimmering "send message" box to type and send a private message....
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2008
2971 posts
305 upvotes
Richmond Hill
lucky14 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 11:19 am
Hi! I am an incoming Flight Services student (Flight Attendant). Do you recommend buying the uniform at the "school site" (which is very expensive) or just any stores such as h&m (like the black pencil skirt)? And will I use a laptop in this course often or just the ipad will suffice? Last question, do you know anything about the seven day MILE trip? Is is mandatory to go in these trips? :)))))
I never said I was in the program. Sorry, can't help you with that.
Mar 6, 2015
233 posts
7 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
lucky14 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 9:46 pm
Thanks! I have no idea I could do that!
Purely an English language question, do you try to be nice when someone cannot help you? You did something and express afterwards that you did not know you might do.
Aug 10, 2017
1 posts
Are there any current Graphic Design students here? I'd like to know about the hardware and software requirements.
Aug 15, 2015
3 posts
Brampton, ON
Anyone taken part time courses at seneca@york ?

How big is the class size?
Aug 19, 2017
1 posts
Hi, I will be at CTY this September and I want to buy a system. I have an ipad to bring in college and I prefer to have a PC rather than a laptop, but I am not sure it is a good idea. What do you suggest to me? buy a laptop or as I like a PC?
Aug 19, 2017
5 posts
Hi,
I'm in CPD and ended up failing OOP244 because I didn't score over 50% on the final exam. I figure I've got to retake this now, but will it affect me taking other third semester courses without a prerequisite? I passed my other second semester courses that are prerequisites to my third semester courses and there's just the one third semester OOP class that has 244 as its prerequisite. So could I do something like take the three third semester classes I have the prerequisites as well as retake OOP244?

Also, how will this affect co-op for me? I was hoping to register for coop in my third semester as I did have a 3.9 GPA in my first semester and I still have above 3.0 this semester, but with the OOP244 fail I'm not sure if there'll be any issues.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1476 posts
42 upvotes
you can take any 3rd semester course that does not have the class that you failed as a pre-requisite.

CPD does not have an option for co-op but CPA does
...life is nothing more than a journey through the consequences of our actions...

Kingsway Image Instagram || Gallery