Students

The SENECA COLLEGE Official Thread

Aug 19, 2017
5 posts
The last day for transfer credits in the upcoming fall semester was August 11. If I were to transfer to CPA could I still do it and get into coop for the fourth semester?
Feb 23, 2010
1 posts
Toronto/Waterloo
Has anyone done strategic marketing and marketing analytics at Seneca college ? I heard it is really hard to graduate from it . I heard about 10 students graduate and the class started with 50 students.

Anybody here with a personal experience, want to tell me how hard the program is ?
Aug 19, 2017
5 posts
What should I do if a teacher doesn't reply to my email about grades? I got back my grades and one is graded as D when it makes absolutely no sense considering I went into the exam with an A average and I doubt I did so poorly on the exam to drop that much. Another is graded as INC even though I received no indication from my professor prior and after the exams that any work of mine was missing. I've emailed them both about revising the grades, but if they don't bother to fix it or reply to my email should I file an appeal or something like that.
Dec 29, 2014
24 posts
1 upvote
Scarborough, ON
I didn't find a placement last semester, what would I have to do to look for one for the winter semester?
Sep 10, 2012
9 posts
TORONTO
Hey Hey Im gonna be there with you bud, Year one here too @ North york
Aug 15, 2015
3 posts
Brampton, ON
Can anyone tell me how are the night classes at Seneca york campus?
Jul 3, 2017
2 posts
Darkseid wrote:
Aug 20th, 2017 1:09 pm
Hi,
I'm in CPD and ended up failing OOP244 because I didn't score over 50% on the final exam. I figure I've got to retake this now, but will it affect me taking other third semester courses without a prerequisite? I passed my other second semester courses that are prerequisites to my third semester courses and there's just the one third semester OOP class that has 244 as its prerequisite. So could I do something like take the three third semester classes I have the prerequisites as well as retake OOP244?

Also, how will this affect co-op for me? I was hoping to register for coop in my third semester as I did have a 3.9 GPA in my first semester and I still have above 3.0 this semester, but with the OOP244 fail I'm not sure if there'll be any issues.
Whoa I didn't know CPD was that intense, I'm going there this September...
Mar 6, 2015
224 posts
6 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Darkseid wrote:
Hi,
Also, how will this affect co-op for me? I was hoping to register for coop in my third semester as I did have a 3.9 GPA in my first semester and I still have above 3.0 this semester, but with the OOP244 fail I'm not sure if there'll be any issues.
JulianS17 wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 3:05 pm
Whoa I didn't know CPD was that intense, I'm going there this September...
About the information of co-op programs I was told. A student cannot fail a course so Darkseid needs urgently to contact someone of authority in your program, not RFDers... but I believe fellow RFDers like to know the process....
Aug 19, 2017
5 posts
The course outline mentions that one of the requirements for the course is to score 50% or higher on the final exam and they stressed this quite a few times. Although I had around a B+ going into the final exam I was off by a few points and ended up not being eligible to move on. I'll just have to retake it and spend more time prepping for the final exam.

My biggest issue right now is my DBS course. I had an A going into the exam, yet my final grade was a D, which I find very hard to believe considering I was pretty confident with this exam and knew most of the material on it. We didn't even receive our exam marks for this course, so I've emailed my prof, but have yet to receive a reply. I suppose I'll have to file an academic appeal or something like that because I strongly believe a mistake has been made.
Aug 19, 2017
5 posts
Don't worry too much about first semester it's not that bad. Just keep on top of IPC and do the work as it comes in or even ahead of time, other classes are a breeze if you pay attention. For the exams, particularly ones dealing with languages like C or C++ practice walkthroughs because those are worth a lot of marks, yet they don't really go through any during class.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1464 posts
39 upvotes
Darkseid wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 8:33 pm
Don't worry too much about first semester it's not that bad. Just keep on top of IPC and do the work as it comes in or even ahead of time, other classes are a breeze if you pay attention. For the exams, particularly ones dealing with languages like C or C++ practice walkthroughs because those are worth a lot of marks, yet they don't really go through any during class.
When applying for co-op let me tell you, you will worry about everything. The good positions ask for your marks.
...life is nothing more than a journey through the consequences of our actions...

Kingsway Image Instagram || Gallery
Jul 22, 2015
172 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone know some free parking spots near the Seneca @ York location?
Aug 19, 2017
1 posts
TorontoTacos wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 4:55 am
Anyone know some free parking spots near the Seneca @ York location?
someone talked about residential erea, 40 cents per hour but not free.
Jan 24, 2010
61 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Darkseid wrote:
Hi,
I'm in CPD and ended up failing OOP244 because I didn't score over 50% on the final exam. I figure I've got to retake this now, but will it affect me taking other third semester courses without a prerequisite? I passed my other second semester courses that are prerequisites to my third semester courses and there's just the one third semester OOP class that has 244 as its prerequisite. So could I do something like take the three third semester classes I have the prerequisites as well as retake OOP244?

If you're in CPD, you aren't in a co-op program. You need to be in CPA to do co-op work terms.
Aug 15, 2015
3 posts
Brampton, ON
Has anyone taken IPC144 online or through continuing education? Is the course same as the full time course?