May 8, 2015
59 posts
3 upvotes
East York, ON
eleuin wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 4:09 pm
I have absolutely no idea what I am doing in the DCN 386 labs

Think this is going to be the course to break me
Who is your prof? We had trouble finishing those labs on time so we had to go during open lab times to do it. It just sucked coordinating with the TA to do it so he could check it off.
Aug 10, 2017
3 posts
StiIImatic wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 9:31 am
Who is your prof? We had trouble finishing those labs on time so we had to go during open lab times to do it. It just sucked coordinating with the TA to do it so he could check it off.
Majid, he is alright

I'm just dumb as **** and don't know which cables go where and when

Time constraints certainly don't help

open labs are a madhouse as its like 5-6 class sections and I can't always make them
Feb 13, 2017
11 posts
1 upvote
Can anybody here help me with ULI101 (unix and linux)?
Apr 25, 2008
136 posts
6 upvotes
Scarborough
eleuin wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 11:20 am
Majid, he is alright

I'm just dumb as **** and don't know which cables go where and when

Time constraints certainly don't help

open labs are a madhouse as its like 5-6 class sections and I can't always make them
Man I got lucky with my class last semester then. There was only 10 of us max in that section. What exactly are you having issues with?

Nord31 wrote:
Sep 29th, 2017 8:44 am
Can anybody here help me with ULI101 (unix and linux)?
What exactly are you having issues with? Been forever since I did ULI but I could prob dig out my notes and help if I can. My poor ass is stressing with int420 and NDD myself lol.

Also, if yall can I do know that there's an ULI101 drop in session thing that the library holds. Just dont know what the sched is off the top of my head. Maybe book a tutor too.
Jun 14, 2017
68 posts
9 upvotes
gonnna take CTY in January, anyone else taking it? whats the student crowd like? im going to be a 'mature' student . is there a lot of group work?
Apr 25, 2008
136 posts
6 upvotes
Scarborough
notnub wrote:
Oct 15th, 2017 12:41 pm
gonnna take CTY in January, anyone else taking it? whats the student crowd like? im going to be a 'mature' student . is there a lot of group work?
im in cns but cns/cty at least in the beginning is the same. the crowd is pretty much a mix of people straight from hs, older folks going back to school and in-between.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1475 posts
42 upvotes
unless you have IT experience, I would suggest doing CTY. Do the 1 year co-op then switch over to CNS.
...life is nothing more than a journey through the consequences of our actions...

Kingsway Image Instagram || Gallery
Jun 14, 2017
68 posts
9 upvotes
NLI10D wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 11:57 am
unless you have IT experience, I would suggest doing CTY. Do the 1 year co-op then switch over to CNS.
thanks i think i will do that, get soime expereince and then just graduate with the CNS, I didnt know you could do that!

EDIT: So would we be doing- Sem 1, sem 2, sem 3, COOP, Sem 4, then COOP again?
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1475 posts
42 upvotes
notnub wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 3:33 am
thanks i think i will do that, get soime expereince and then just graduate with the CNS, I didnt know you could do that!

EDIT: So would we be doing- Sem 1, sem 2, sem 3, COOP, Sem 4, then COOP again?
yes but my second co-op term was 8 months.
...life is nothing more than a journey through the consequences of our actions...

Kingsway Image Instagram || Gallery
May 23, 2014
8 posts
1 upvote
Markham, ON
well, hard to say. but it's expensive - you get what you pay for . i am happy with their services.
Jun 14, 2017
68 posts
9 upvotes
Taking cns in the winter , silly question.. is a windows laptop mandatory ? Or would a tablet be enough I’m currently shopping for a laptop or tablet!

Thanks