Students

The SENECA COLLEGE Official Thread

Jul 22, 2015
291 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Seems they've changed the course requirements for CNS/CTY so people can't do the CTY route and do the 2 co-op routes and graduate with a CNS diploma.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1425 posts
640 upvotes
anyone doing the regulatory affairs program in september?

trying to find the information on how to attend the orientation on blackboard but it's a mess and can't find it. what software is seneca using for web lectures? webex? bigbluebutton? feels like there's been a real lack of communication from seneca in general and school is less than 2 weeks away.
Sep 18, 2020
3 posts
what is the plagiarize policy at seneca college? if someone plagiarize on exam and given 1st warning and being plagiarize the 2nd time, isn't it that person will be expel for one year?
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7858 posts
2839 upvotes
Richmond Hill
watchman156 wrote: what is the plagiarize policy at seneca college? if someone plagiarize on exam and given 1st warning and being plagiarize the 2nd time, isn't it that person will be expel for one year?
how do u plagiarize on an exam? is it a take home exam that you submit online?
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2015
1834 posts
279 upvotes
watchman156 wrote: what is the plagiarize policy at seneca college? if someone plagiarize on exam and given 1st warning and being plagiarize the 2nd time, isn't it that person will be expel for one year?
Shop-a-holic wrote: I work as a Career & Academic Advisor at a community college.
SkynyrdsInyrds wrote: I'm a college prof
Watchman156 contact Shop-a-holic, SkynyrdsInyrds ?
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!
Meiji: Ambassador Swanbeck, I have concluded that your treaty is NOT in the best interests of my people. So sorry, but you may not.
Swanbeck: This is an outrage!
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
1033 posts
140 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I'm guessing you may be referring to cheating?

Here's Seneca College's Academic Integrity Policy: https://www.senecacollege.ca/about/poli ... olicy.html. Hoping this answers your question.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12459 posts
2169 upvotes
GTA
watchman156 wrote: i thought classes will be online
I wrote that before Ontario for shut down. December 2019.... Am I suppose to see the covid happening at that time? Let me know....
Jan 7, 2021
1 posts
Hi,
I just took the math assessment test and I got into mth158
I understood most of the questions so I don’t know why I got in. But anyways I was planning on graduating this summer and took the math course late.
Is there any way an advisor can exempt me from this course and just put me in mbf100 or 101? Is that even a possibility?
Please help,
I need mbf to take opm400 but I need mth158 to take mbf. And I only have two semesters left including this one.
Jul 22, 2015
291 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone still doing CNS/CTY in seneca but i guess they changed the program?
Oct 27, 2018
176 posts
175 upvotes
TorontoTacos wrote: Anyone still doing CNS/CTY in seneca but i guess they changed the program?
I'm still student to CNS now CSN, took big break with the covid thing, I found out they changed the course, so I don't know which Curriculum need to follow, I e-mailed the student advisor waiting for reply, its totally a mess now with covid.
I have 64 CDs and 117 vinyls. I just can't stop buying! lol
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2015
1834 posts
279 upvotes
I have a question.

Someone said that he or she was rejected by Seneca and other colleges in Toronto for graduate studies and later he or she was admitted to a university in Europe. The person posted a brief experience on online discussion board. One person replied with encouragement and the another, who replied that the original post may affect negatively other applicant, pointed out this obvious. The one person criticized the another as the former person saw the comment as rude and combative.

Is it appropriate to point out the obvious from subtlety?