Students

The SENECA COLLEGE Official Thread

Mar 20, 2018
1 posts
Hi guys
Im about to finish 1st semester in CPD program but I find it pretty hard and stress especially the IPC144. So I plan to change to Computer Networking. Is it better? I mean the Computer networking and hardware is easier than the Computer Programmer ?
Tks
Mar 29, 2018
1 posts
Hi all, so i'm in aviation operations and i failed the skill assessment so i was enrolled into EAP500 and i failed it in second semester i took similar course ESL934 and i don't think ill pass it with a 60, so my question is, would i be kicked out from the program? i spoke to my program coordinator and he said it should be ok but i'm worried since there's promotion meetings soon, as i don't know much about it
Apr 4, 2018
1 posts
I am just wondering, if you've taken a course and passed it but didn't do so well, are you able retake it to upgrade your gpa? Or is it a totally hopeless case?
Feb 24, 2018
140 posts
51 upvotes
I was granted an exemption from College English (EAC150 I think) but I also applied to Osap. The course shows up on the 'unofficial transcript' but it shows as EXM. So do I have to go back to OSAP and reconfigure it or am I still considered to be taking a full course load?

Also, did anyone with a minor degree in humanities/social sciences manage to get an exemption/advanced standing for APC100 (applied professional communication)? What do you need to get that advanced standing? For English, it was that skills assessment test. Also, what is advanced standing exactly if it's different from the exemption?
Feb 24, 2018
140 posts
51 upvotes
Hmmm interesting, I re-checked my schedule and now they've added EAC 150 (English) to it. But on the unofficial transcript, it's listed twice, once with the exemption still and then listed below with the rest of my courses.
Aug 7, 2015
50 posts
8 upvotes
Ottawa
PHuth2 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2018 12:17 am
Hmmm interesting, I re-checked my schedule and now they've added EAC 150 (English) to it. But on the unofficial transcript, it's listed twice, once with the exemption still and then listed below with the rest of my courses.
I had the same problem as you back in first semester. You have to go to the School of English and Liberal Studies office, and they will manually remove it for you. You can pick your gen ed and get it out of the way, or stick to 4 courses.
Mar 6, 2015
330 posts
20 upvotes
From a student perspective, does one need a tutor to succeed? So far assignments have been handed in for marks but I felt like I did not learn much.
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!😃
Apr 17, 2018
1 posts
Hey I'm a ECT student at Seneca, on my second semester; just wondering what the job market looks like after graduating? For an example, are people who graduated from ECT having a hard time looking for a job with or without co-op? Or if the co-op program really is the way to go to secure a job after graduating? Also what the pay is like? Thank you and sorry for all the questions!
Feb 24, 2018
140 posts
51 upvotes
surflife6 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2018 10:05 pm
I had the same problem as you back in first semester. You have to go to the School of English and Liberal Studies office, and they will manually remove it for you. You can pick your gen ed and get it out of the way, or stick to 4 courses.
Thanks, did that and it worked. Did your tuition decrease afterwards because mine is still showing the same amount on SC even with one less course.

And as for adding a gen ed, they're unfortunately all either compressed or basically full according to this: http://www.senecacollege.ca/school/els/ ... -york.html
I also have to get it added manually and can't see the teacher in advance so a bit wary of taking it right now.
Nov 15, 2017
6 posts
gabbdab wrote:
Apr 18th, 2018 6:39 pm
Hey I'm a ECT student at Seneca, on my second semester; just wondering what the job market looks like after graduating? For an example, are people who graduated from ECT having a hard time looking for a job with or without co-op? Or if the co-op program really is the way to go to secure a job after graduating? Also what the pay is like? Thank you and sorry for all the questions!
Hi, i'm starting this semester in ECT. Can I DM you ? I would like to get some information of the course.
Ty
Aug 7, 2015
50 posts
8 upvotes
Ottawa
PHuth2 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2018 10:18 pm
Thanks, did that and it worked. Did your tuition decrease afterwards because mine is still showing the same amount on SC even with one less course.

And as for adding a gen ed, they're unfortunately all either compressed or basically full according to this: http://www.senecacollege.ca/school/els/ ... -york.html
I also have to get it added manually and can't see the teacher in advance so a bit wary of taking it right now.
My tuition remained the same after it got dropped. I went to my program advisor and they picked it for me manually, asked for my opinion on what time I wanted it at. Definitely go to Academic Advising day for your program and they will help you.
Jul 9, 2017
5 posts
1 upvote
can someone give me an overview of these courses and the professors i have? What courses i should pay more attention too (for example, everyone here recommended students to focus more on ULI101) and ones that are a joke (e.g. ios101 and hwd101) ?

DCN286 with ALI Abdulsattar Hussein
WIN210 with Holly Westell
WIN213 with Holly Westell
OPS235 with Raymand Chan
Dec 1, 2017
4 posts
4 upvotes
For those who did co-op in the CNS/CTY program what kinds of employers did you have an opportunity to work with?
Sep 16, 2014
3 posts
Etobicoke, ON
canada1231231 wrote:
May 6th, 2018 9:55 am
can someone give me an overview of these courses and the professors i have? What courses i should pay more attention too (for example, everyone here recommended students to focus more on ULI101) and ones that are a joke (e.g. ios101 and hwd101) ?

DCN286 with ALI Abdulsattar Hussein
WIN210 with Holly Westell
WIN213 with Holly Westell
OPS235 with Raymand Chan
Ali is a nice guy will help once you ask.
Haven’t had holly but heard she’s pretty rough to deal with win210 is pretty simple though, Win213 might be a problem if you don’t show up. It’s the ULI of Semester 2.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)