Students

The SENECA COLLEGE Official Thread

Sep 2, 2015
119 posts
26 upvotes
East York, ON
do you get emailed/notified if you fail a class before grades are released?
Mar 15, 2008
586 posts
52 upvotes
also if a class I have to take is available ONLINE, can I take it instead of inclass?

The class I'm thinking of taking online is ISC100. I'm a Business Marketing student, first year
Feb 13, 2017
17 posts
1 upvote
Any tips for dcn386? I dont know if I should just do it at night school or day school.
Oct 22, 2003
743 posts
2 upvotes
Hi Nord. I took DCN386 back in 2005 and the curriculum was very hard and difficult back then. I had a professor Juan Barrios who now has been retired and last I saw him last year he was battling health issues. I would recommend you take it in the day time full time rather than a 3 hour night course once or twice a week. I find that in the day your mind is more refreshed and focused rather than at night multitasking a work life balance could be very difficult to juggle after a long day and studying would also be harder in the evenings. Every person has a different approach though and I am not familiar with the course in its current format. Good luck
Jul 22, 2015
267 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CNS/CTY program moving to Newham campus in 2019, anyone heard about this?
Dec 1, 2017
8 posts
4 upvotes
I'm in semester 2 of CNS. Does any one else have issues with VMWare not responding frequently? I think it's because it's a cloud app (through myapps.senecacollege) because it works perfectly for me at home where it is installed locally.
Oct 27, 2018
2 posts
hello new on seneca studing CNS any place on seneca newnham to chill with my laptop and i have a class called SCL 100 and it says 9am to 11:30 am why is so much hours do i need to stay 9 to 10:30
Oct 31, 2018
1 posts
rickysha wrote:
Oct 15th, 2018 5:46 am
I'm in semester 2 of CNS. Does any one else have issues with VMWare not responding frequently? I think it's because it's a cloud app (through myapps.senecacollege) because it works perfectly for me at home where it is installed locally.
I have the same problems. I'm pretty sure its just the computers at seneca. Usually just have to wait it out until it starts working.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5463 posts
1127 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Anyone doing HRM this winter 2019? or anyone here completed the program in the past?
Dec 22, 2018
1 posts
Iv4n35 wrote:
Dec 12th, 2011 10:42 am
@Yulia2005

Honestly the only subject that I have noticed that they care about attendance, at least in my career is english. everything else, they almost dont take attendance, however, if i remember correctly in the first semester they cared more about it. I don't think they would withdraw you if you miss the first 10 days of class.

BUT, i truly don't recommend it, you are starting a career study and you will loose crucial information about how things are done, that you might be able to miss in the second semester because you know how things work already, but first one? i wouldn't recommend it. I think 10 days is a lot. Kind of missing the first days in a new job. :P

My best advice to you would be, go to the college, speak to the program coordinator and talk about it with him/her, he/she will give you the best options and alternatives and tell you if its possible or not.
If you are going to Seneca@York I personally offer myself to help you in this matter and direct you in finding the right person and location to talk to him/her. Just send me a private message.
I WANT SOME ADVICE FROM YOU AS I AM PLANNING TO STUDY IN SENECA@YORK CONTACT ME WHAERE EVER IT IS POSSIBLE FROM YOU FB ID=PARTH SACHDEVA WHATS APP=+919034543040
INTAGRAM=SACHDEVA.PARTH
Mar 6, 2015
386 posts
24 upvotes
ParthS73430 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 8:30 am
You looked up a thread in 2011...
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!😃
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5463 posts
1127 upvotes
Richmond Hill
anyone having trouble logging in to my.seneca or student centre? i keep getting error message or my password is incorrect. Need to pay my deposit.

update: nvm, maintenance until Dec 29 (and campuses don't open until Jan 2) but how the hell are people supposed to pay for their tuition
Sep 2, 2015
119 posts
26 upvotes
East York, ON
the deposit was due a long time ago (if this is your first semester this school year, if not then you don't need to pay a deposit unless you switched programs)
tuition is due on first day of classes