Students

The SENECA COLLEGE Official Thread

Mar 6, 2015
330 posts
20 upvotes
yesstyle wrote:
Aug 12th, 2018 11:12 pm
Thinking of a career change here because i feel that my gender gives me at a disadvantage. I took the law clerk program 4 years back and have been working as a legal asst. Got laid off.
What's hot in the near future that could also use my skills as a legal asst? I was thinking property mgmt.
Have you thought about working for the government of the city of Toronto (Bay&Queen)? Maybe my idea is off as you getting off from legal assistant may suggest you want to step away from law and politics.
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!😃
Mar 6, 2015
330 posts
20 upvotes
In general, do Seneca alumni and alumae think a mature student go for private tutoring for the Seneca programs? I have difficulties recalling course knowledge as I am good at theory, the reason I go to Seneca for industry related training...
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!😃
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4798 posts
850 upvotes
Toronto
cybercavalier wrote:
Aug 13th, 2018 10:15 pm
Have you thought about working for the government of the city of Toronto (Bay&Queen)? Maybe my idea is off as you getting off from legal assistant may suggest you want to step away from law and politics.
ya, i sorta do want to step away from legal stuff and getting into gov't is a lot harder than it sounds. I'm wondering what people of my similar circumstances have done and what careers are in demand in the near future (i.e. cannabis industry?).
Sep 2, 2015
107 posts
21 upvotes
East York, ON
do you get emailed/notified if you fail a class before grades are released?
Mar 15, 2008
584 posts
41 upvotes
also if a class I have to take is available ONLINE, can I take it instead of inclass?

The class I'm thinking of taking online is ISC100. I'm a Business Marketing student, first year
Feb 13, 2017
17 posts
1 upvote
Any tips for dcn386? I dont know if I should just do it at night school or day school.
Oct 22, 2003
739 posts
2 upvotes
Hi Nord. I took DCN386 back in 2005 and the curriculum was very hard and difficult back then. I had a professor Juan Barrios who now has been retired and last I saw him last year he was battling health issues. I would recommend you take it in the day time full time rather than a 3 hour night course once or twice a week. I find that in the day your mind is more refreshed and focused rather than at night multitasking a work life balance could be very difficult to juggle after a long day and studying would also be harder in the evenings. Every person has a different approach though and I am not familiar with the course in its current format. Good luck
Jul 22, 2015
244 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CNS/CTY program moving to Newham campus in 2019, anyone heard about this?
Dec 1, 2017
4 posts
4 upvotes
I'm in semester 2 of CNS. Does any one else have issues with VMWare not responding frequently? I think it's because it's a cloud app (through myapps.senecacollege) because it works perfectly for me at home where it is installed locally.
Oct 27, 2018
1 posts
hello new on seneca studing CNS any place on seneca newnham to chill with my laptop and i have a class called SCL 100 and it says 9am to 11:30 am why is so much hours do i need to stay 9 to 10:30
Oct 31, 2018
1 posts
rickysha wrote:
Oct 15th, 2018 5:46 am
I'm in semester 2 of CNS. Does any one else have issues with VMWare not responding frequently? I think it's because it's a cloud app (through myapps.senecacollege) because it works perfectly for me at home where it is installed locally.
I have the same problems. I'm pretty sure its just the computers at seneca. Usually just have to wait it out until it starts working.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4798 posts
850 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone doing HRM this winter 2019? or anyone here completed the program in the past?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)