Seneca General Education Courses

[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2005
1072 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto

Seneca General Education Courses

Anyone have previous experience taking General Education subjects at seneca? If so, can you name some courses that are relatively easy to get a B+ or an A in? Last sem I took SOC 122, and I probably chose that course by luck, and I ended up getting a pretty easy A in it, while also learnign something. I mainly need to pull up my GPA to either get into co-op or transfer into uni. Anythign else you people would recommend?
27 replies
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2003
11504 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Every online general education course is easy. The books also tend to be far cheaper, and in some cases you won't need one at all.

If you're diligent, you can also do a lot of the course in the first few weeks when assignments are posted. That way, you have noticably less work to finish when final assignment/exam crunch time rolls around.
Heatware | eBay | (Last updated 12-28-2008)
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1491 posts
51 upvotes
i think there's this thing at Sen where you have to pick Gen Eds from each category. And certain Gen Eds fall under two categories so you might wanna take one of those.

yup here it is...
Seneca GenEds

pick wisely

SES285 Transformation of Myths Through Time covers two categories
...life is nothing more than a journey through the consequences of our actions...

Kingsway Image Instagram || Gallery
Aug 13, 2006
45 posts
RBK wrote:Anyone have previous experience taking General Education subjects at seneca? If so, can you name some courses that are relatively easy to get a B+ or an A in? Last sem I took SOC 122, and I probably chose that course by luck, and I ended up getting a pretty easy A in it, while also learnign something. I mainly need to pull up my GPA to either get into co-op or transfer into uni. Anythign else you people would recommend?
I took "The Gothic Horror Study" last year thinking it would be interesting. It wasn't. Turned out to be a ton of reading..

This year I'm set to go in the Study of Pop Culture in Media or something along those lines. What was SOC 122 exactly?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2005
1072 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
Social Science course. It was pretty straight forward. 4 assignments totalled your final mark. They were all essays too. :D .

What we learned was basically theories about labour. Adam Smith, mass production etc.....
Jun 28, 2006
16 posts
I took Digital Dilemmas and Science Fiction last semester, they were both really easy...just weekly readings followed by responses to a selection of questions.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2005
1072 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
I ended up taking NAT122 - Physiology of Fitness. Doesn't seem to be that bad after reading the reviews on ratemyprofessor.ca ;)
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2003
11504 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
ksuechuc wrote:I took Digital Dilemmas and Science Fiction last semester, they were both really easy...just weekly readings followed by responses to a selection of questions.
I took these two, interesting but not particularly challenging. There's 1-2 books per course, Science Fiction is probably still Ender's Game.
May 30, 2005
240 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Take PSY600, i believe that's the course code. The course name is Learning To See. Very easy A in this class. It's basically a photography class taking pictures as your assigment, a couple of presentations and a group presentation as your final big assignment. A piece of advice, never skip a class. Attendance is big a factor in your final marks.
Have a good life. Whats left of it.
Jan 4, 2005
105 posts
Definiently take censorship in the media a couple of easy assignments and in class essays. REading 1 kids book and the catcher int he rye but you dont' really even have to read it. So easy with teach Oahn Kasperki but online course it harder.

Don't take history course of Canada and World War two I love history but all the teacher did was talk and we had in class essay on basically any topic we studied and they were very specific questions. So boringh
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2003
11504 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
bigboi wrote:Take PSY600, i believe that's the course code. The course name is Learning To See. Very easy A in this class. It's basically a photography class taking pictures as your assigment, a couple of presentations and a group presentation as your final big assignment. A piece of advice, never skip a class. Attendance is big a factor in your final marks.
This can really hurt you if you need the time to finish assignments/study for final exams. I could never get into PSY 600, turned out to be a blessing in disguise...
Jan 7, 2010
3 posts
Hi,

I have an offer for Seneca's SSW @ York. I have narrowed down my choices to 2 , deciding between George Brown and Seneca.

Does anybody know anything about seneca's program? Wether they have a good rep?
Dec 26, 2009
49 posts
I took Principles of Psychology (LSO260) with Naomi Kestenbaum. I'm at a 60% and I ****in' hate the course.

I thought electives were supposed to be easy?! Degree-program students should be allowed to take other electives too. We get to pick from 5 or 6 really boring ones. Took Film, Form and Culture last year and I ended up with a C. Brought my GPA down. ****! It's so frustrating.
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15858 posts
585 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
I took Canadian Politics CAN190, in general it was easy peasy if you know your politics stuff
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2004
1371 posts
20 upvotes
The 6
At king campus, the following were easy A's:

PHL102 - Intro to Philosophy prof Howard Doughty
I never went to class after the first one, because he was mad boring. I just e-mailed him my 4 essays and was surprised to receive an A when grades were posted.

NAT260 - Environmental Science prof Carmen Schlamb
I attended majority of the classes because it was interesting .. 4 'assignments' total up your grade. A debate, a presentation, a 4 page lab and the final exam which consists of one essay and 3 short answer questions.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)