Expired Hot Deals

[Sennheiser] 3 Month Free Tidal HiFi Subscription When You Download Sennheiser CapTune App iOS/Android ($60 VALUE FREE)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2018 7:01 pm
Sep 6, 2012
449 posts
144 upvotes
Vancouver
just sign up and got 3 month. Thx OP.
Nov 25, 2014
341 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just saw this and hoping someone can respond before I read all 10 pages. Do you need a CC to sign up? Does it have to be a new Tidal account or can you use an existing (free) account?
😎 Public Mobile 12GB / $120 ---------> Koodo 6GB / $40 😎
Oct 17, 2009
149 posts
179 upvotes
CapTune app destroyed my phone's battery. Pixel1, it was shocking how bad it was.
Nov 28, 2011
578 posts
218 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP; signed up for a second 3 month subscription using the "." (dot) gmail trick. Another three months :).
CrazeeGhost wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 10:56 pm
Just saw this and hoping someone can respond before I read all 10 pages. Do you need a CC to sign up? Does it have to be a new Tidal account or can you use an existing (free) account?
CrazeeGhost, yea -- hoping you've had a chance to review the previous pages already, but yeah, you need a cc/debit/paypal tie-in during the registration process. It doesn't charge the account today, but make sure you cancel immediately (You'll keep the 3 months subscription; just won't auto-renew).
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1159 posts
134 upvotes
Siinvestor wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 11:44 am
MQA (24/96) sounds much better than CD (16/44) on my system. I have the ability to directly compare vinyl to MQA (I use an HP stream mini running Tidal MQA and output via USB to an iFi micro DSD DAC), and CD (Tidal Hifi through a Sonos Connect also through iFi micro DSD DAC). Even my 80 year old father says that MQA sounds better than CD on my system. The range and the soundstage are noticeably superior. Note that my iFi DAC is not MQA certified so I am capped at 24/96. There still aren't very many albums on Tidal that are 24/192 right now so it really doesn't matter at this point.

Vinyl is still clearly superior though. I have a very high end cartridge, as well as a high end tube amp and speakers so I am analog all the way through when I play vinyl. It jut sounds better than MQA. Again, my dad can even tell the difference. Vinyl is just so much warmer. During MQA playback, the vocals are louder and more pronounced as well so there is clearly some processing being done. It's almost as good as vinyl but not quite in my opinion. Still much better than CD on a quality sound system.

Having said all that, I am jettisoning the Sonos connect and the HP stream mini and purchasing a Bluesound Vault 2. With my absolute favourite new albums I still buy vinyl but for all the rest I am MQA all the way. And the Tidal MQA library is expanding rapidly as MQA brings on more studios.
Any recommendations on ADC to rip vinyl to high-resolution audio?
I’d like to be able to listen to vinyl rips on my DAP, when can’t listen to vinyl directly.