Hot Deals

[Sennheiser] 3 Month Free Tidal HiFi Subscription When You Download Sennheiser CapTune App iOS/Android ($60 VALUE FREE)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2017 12:09 pm
Aug 24, 2016
32 posts
9 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
Thanks OP. 3 months free and cancelled my subscription. I will see near the end if I renew it. Good HiFi quality, no lag with my iPhone via AirPlay.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
3747 posts
726 upvotes
Winnipeg
Is this deal still active? Can't see where it says 3 months free tidal anywhere in the link
[OP]
Apr 12, 2015
594 posts
591 upvotes
Alberta
canuckcolehead wrote:
Oct 7th, 2017 8:03 pm
Is this deal still active? Can't see where it says 3 months free tidal anywhere in the link
Still active.

You have to download the CapTune app, then sign up in the settings of the app.
Sep 16, 2013
102 posts
23 upvotes
SW ON
I got the trial. Gave an authorization for future payments with PayPal. But I don't see any record of this in my PayPal account. Tidal account says my PayPal info is on file. Anyone else doesn't see any record in PayPal?
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
3747 posts
726 upvotes
Winnipeg
2big2fail wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 2:18 am

3. Make sure you remember to cancel the subscription so you don't get billed @ end of trial. You can cancel it right away @ tidal.com -> settings -> manage subscription -> subscription -> cancel. (https://my.tidal.com/ca/account/subscription)
When you cancel right away within the Tidal account, do you do still keep the 3 months free?
[OP]
Apr 12, 2015
594 posts
591 upvotes
Alberta
canuckcolehead wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 11:40 am
When you cancel right away within the Tidal account, do you do still keep the 3 months free?
Yes.
Aug 18, 2017
117 posts
67 upvotes
do also want to add I picked up senn hd 558 at bestbuy.com for $59 which also comes with a 3 free month trial - used pkg forwarding DYK post to ship to calgary. Should be all-in around $90 CAD
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7299 posts
1493 upvotes
Edmonton
NathanT039266 wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 11:50 am
do also want to add I picked up senn hd 558 at bestbuy.com for $59 which also comes with a 3 free month trial - used pkg forwarding DYK post to ship to calgary. Should be all-in around $90 CAD
Whoa! Excellent value! Too bad BestBuy,com as you stated, but many RFD'ers are able to shop there I'm sure! Here's the link to the Senn HD 558 headphones.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
2139 posts
273 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks Op.

My Spotify subscription is coming to an end.

Wondering what are people's thoughts of subscribing to tidal over Spotify? I'm loving the sound quality. But I have questions such as how is the music library compared to Spotify, and also how would it impact my data usage? FYI I have 5 gigs of data so it's plenty and using Spotify was fine.
Mar 14, 2011
288 posts
183 upvotes
honggil wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 12:23 pm
Thanks Op.

My Spotify subscription is coming to an end.

Wondering what are people's thoughts of subscribing to tidal over Spotify? I'm loving the sound quality. But I have questions such as how is the music library compared to Spotify, and also how would it impact my data usage? FYI I have 5 gigs of data so it's plenty and using Spotify was fine.
I prefer Tidal over Spotify. Music libraries are identical, with Tidal actually getting their own exclusive content (albums and music videos) over Spotify.

For data usage, it shouldn't be anymore than Spotify if you stick to Normal streaming quality. If you go change it to Hi-Fi, it will eat through your monthly data very quickly.

The one advantage Spotify has over Tidal is their playlists. Its easier to discover new music on Spotify, and their recommendations are usually spot on.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7299 posts
1493 upvotes
Edmonton
TDNGUYEN wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 8:51 am
One person creates the account and distributes the email. So everyone has the 'same account' You just pay 32~~ to the person who starts the group buy.

Thanks! Yeah, I understand that part. but the Spotify T&C are that they want you to live in the same household. Sounds like ultimately they don't care maybe, if group buys have been set up for it.
Jun 6, 2006
170 posts
14 upvotes
Richmond
JustLikePoison wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 12:38 pm
I prefer Tidal over Spotify. Music libraries are identical, with Tidal actually getting their own exclusive content (albums and music videos) over Spotify.

For data usage, it shouldn't be anymore than Spotify if you stick to Normal streaming quality. If you go change it to Hi-Fi, it will eat through your monthly data very quickly.

The one advantage Spotify has over Tidal is their playlists. Its easier to discover new music on Spotify, and their recommendations are usually spot on.

For pop music, it's about the same as spotify. For kids stuff, asian (e.g K-Pop), it's a bit lacking compared to Spotify.