Hot Deals

[Sennheiser] 3 Month Free Tidal HiFi Subscription When You Download Sennheiser CapTune App iOS/Android ($60 VALUE FREE)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2017 12:09 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5427 posts
289 upvotes
TO
Does anyone know if Tidal can be streamed via Amazon Echo?
Achieva Financial / Tangerine / EQ Bank member

I use Plastiq to pay bills! It's magic ;)
#1 rule of Churning club - KCaDCA
RIP Marriott Visa card :(

You need someone with an umbrella not a fork
Apr 14, 2013
309 posts
154 upvotes
Brampton
If I'm using a LG V20 is it worth it getting tidal hifi? Im currently using Spotify.
Apr 29, 2007
108 posts
16 upvotes
Hm did I mess up? I cancelled and it says 9/1/18? Am I gonna be charged for the year?!
Images
  • 22425911_10159394562830035_1572356679_o.jpg
Jan 26, 2014
882 posts
519 upvotes
Toronto, ON
platonic wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 1:26 am
Hm did I mess up? I cancelled and it says 9/1/18? Am I gonna be charged for the year?!
got the same end date, question is, is it day.month.year or month.day.year like americans usually do.
I quit RFD.
Mar 12, 2011
405 posts
136 upvotes
platonic wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 1:26 am
January 9, 2018. Just cancel now to avoid paying anything.
Apr 29, 2007
108 posts
16 upvotes
elfen2 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 1:46 pm
January 9, 2018. Just cancel now to avoid paying anything.
Oh I see, yup I cancelled, Jan seemed so far away but it's only 3 months duh! Thanks
Nov 1, 2016
24 posts
8 upvotes
The real reason you want to use this (other than its free) is for MQA (under the settings on Tidal account). Many albums stream in 24/96 and 24/192 as recorded in the studio versus hifi 16/44 (CD). Almost as good as vinyl. If you have an audiophile system and an MQA streamer like Bluesound then this simply blows away Spotify or Apple. I use a mini PC to decode the MQA and then output to a very good DAC on my system. MQA also blows away the hifi option in Tidal. MQA won't work on most if not all of your phones. There is only one phone in the world that supports MQA and it is from LG. Go to the MQA website to see which devices are supported. This deal wasn't really intend for RFDrs looking for free music on their phones. Hopefully the deal doesn't go away because too many people sign up who aren't even capable of taking advantage of MQA and are streaming in "normal" mode.....
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2006
1065 posts
60 upvotes
Siinvestor wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 8:33 am
The real reason you want to use this (other than its free) is for MQA (under the settings on Tidal account). Many albums stream in 24/96 and 24/192 as recorded in the studio versus hifi 16/44 (CD). Almost as good as vinyl. If you have an audiophile system and an MQA streamer like Bluesound then this simply blows away Spotify or Apple. I use a mini PC to decode the MQA and then output to a very good DAC on my system. MQA also blows away the hifi option in Tidal. MQA won't work on most if not all of your phones. There is only one phone in the world that supports MQA and it is from LG. Go to the MQA website to see which devices are supported. This deal wasn't really intend for RFDrs looking for free music on their phones. Hopefully the deal doesn't go away because too many people sign up who aren't even capable of taking advantage of MQA and are streaming in "normal" mode.....
What software in Windows do you use to decode MQA and feed into your DAC? That's what I want to try and do.
Nov 1, 2016
24 posts
8 upvotes
Download the Tidal app onto your PC. Open it and log in and then go to settings and set to MQA under streaming options. You may have to also go into the driver for your DAC and make sure it is set to the highest bit rate. I had to do that for my DAC. If your DAC isn't MQA certified you will get 24/96. It's awesome though.
Nov 1, 2016
24 posts
8 upvotes
Note that MQA is only an option right now on the PC versions of the app. Windows and Mac. It isn't available in mobile app yet.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1416 upvotes
Richmond
I've been using Tidal for about 8 months now. The streaming quality is excellent. It really does make a noticeable difference if you are listening on good-quality equipment. But their selection is not as good as Spotify, nor is their app.
Oct 17, 2009
66 posts
75 upvotes
Wow. This crappy app DESTROYED my phone Battery. Seriously drained it in two hours. Unbelievable this app was able to make it to the market.