Hot Deals

[Sennheiser] 3 Month Free Tidal HiFi Subscription When You Download Sennheiser CapTune App iOS/Android ($60 VALUE FREE)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2017 12:09 pm
Dec 24, 2009
18 posts
3 upvotes
I know there are comparisons out there but in my humble opinion. Tidal music quality is the best out of the three(Spotify and Apple Music) so “crisp”.
Nov 30, 2005
183 posts
16 upvotes
North York
So I tried using this app for about 3-4hours total music streaming via LTE and it racked up 6 gbs of data lol
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
1334 posts
488 upvotes
Toronto
Siinvestor wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 8:33 am
The real reason you want to use this (other than its free) is for MQA (under the settings on Tidal account). Many albums stream in 24/96 and 24/192 as recorded in the studio versus hifi 16/44 (CD). Almost as good as vinyl. If you have an audiophile system and an MQA streamer like Bluesound then this simply blows away Spotify or Apple. I use a mini PC to decode the MQA and then output to a very good DAC on my system. MQA also blows away the hifi option in Tidal. MQA won't work on most if not all of your phones. There is only one phone in the world that supports MQA and it is from LG. Go to the MQA website to see which devices are supported. This deal wasn't really intend for RFDrs looking for free music on their phones. Hopefully the deal doesn't go away because too many people sign up who aren't even capable of taking advantage of MQA and are streaming in "normal" mode.....
So is the Tidal sound over your hifi system better than that of a quality CD player? Would a Bluesound Node 2 be all the hardware I need to get MQA stream?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7971 posts
433 upvotes
Vancouver
I had tidal awhile ago and I’m pretty sure it eats up data like you wouldn’t believe. I thought there was something wrong with my cell bill. I did manage to have the charges reversed. But pretty sure it was Tidal as I don’t stream video. I’d be careful.

Great sound though :)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5427 posts
289 upvotes
TO
RiceLude98SH wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 9:42 pm
So I tried using this app for about 3-4hours total music streaming via LTE and it racked up 6 gbs of data lol
Did you try low Fidelity to see if that helped? I use Google music and have seen to reach even 2gb in a month.
Achieva Financial / Tangerine / EQ Bank member

I use Plastiq to pay bills! It's magic ;)
#1 rule of Churning club - KCaDCA
RIP Marriott Visa card :(

You need someone with an umbrella not a fork
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7971 posts
433 upvotes
Vancouver
Ok I’m on android now. Downloaded the app. I don’t see anyplace to enter a new tidal account?

Thanks

Wow nevermind. Kinda tricky to find the login imo. Found it though

Deal is over? I see 30day trial. Too late I guess.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
7652 posts
2966 upvotes
East York
trellaine201 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 12:00 am
Ok I’m on android now. Downloaded the app. I don’t see anyplace to enter a new tidal account?

Thanks

they should have this promo all the time, just with different promo codes.

try searching online for one
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
1334 posts
488 upvotes
Toronto
TorontoEh wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 11:52 pm
Did you try low Fidelity to see if that helped? I use Google music and have seen to reach even 2gb in a month.
low fidelity? wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of Tidal?
[OP]
Apr 12, 2015
592 posts
558 upvotes
Alberta
trellaine201 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 12:00 am

Thanks

Just checked its still showing 90 days.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1416 upvotes
Richmond
strongsiletype wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 12:43 pm
I know there are comparisons out there but in my humble opinion. Tidal music quality is the best out of the three(Spotify and Apple Music) so “crisp”.
I agree, the difference between Tidal with no compression and others like Spotify is clearly audible on good quality listening equipment. I was surprised that it is so apparent. I guess we've become too accustomed to compression. Still, the selection is not as good on Tidal, and I don't care for the user interface. Tough choice.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7971 posts
433 upvotes
Vancouver
2big2fail wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 8:07 am
Just checked its still showing 90 days.
30 day’s on my device :(
Nov 1, 2016
24 posts
8 upvotes
MQA (24/96) sounds much better than CD (16/44) on my system. I have the ability to directly compare vinyl to MQA (I use an HP stream mini running Tidal MQA and output via USB to an iFi micro DSD DAC), and CD (Tidal Hifi through a Sonos Connect also through iFi micro DSD DAC). Even my 80 year old father says that MQA sounds better than CD on my system. The range and the soundstage are noticeably superior. Note that my iFi DAC is not MQA certified so I am capped at 24/96. There still aren't very many albums on Tidal that are 24/192 right now so it really doesn't matter at this point.

Vinyl is still clearly superior though. I have a very high end cartridge, as well as a high end tube amp and speakers so I am analog all the way through when I play vinyl. It jut sounds better than MQA. Again, my dad can even tell the difference. Vinyl is just so much warmer. During MQA playback, the vocals are louder and more pronounced as well so there is clearly some processing being done. It's almost as good as vinyl but not quite in my opinion. Still much better than CD on a quality sound system.

Having said all that, I am jettisoning the Sonos connect and the HP stream mini and purchasing a Bluesound Vault 2. With my absolute favourite new albums I still buy vinyl but for all the rest I am MQA all the way. And the Tidal MQA library is expanding rapidly as MQA brings on more studios.
Feb 6, 2008
836 posts
310 upvotes
Hamilton
Siinvestor wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 11:44 am
Vinyl is still clearly superior though. I have a very high end cartridge, as well as a high end tube amp and speakers so I am analog all the way through when I play vinyl.
What do you use?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)