Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.com

Sennheiser HD201S Around-Ear Hi-fi Headphone $12.95 (shipped, reg $30)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2013 12:04 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
3960 posts
4703 upvotes
Victoria
So I take it the "S" stands for "sucks" ?

You guys actually think there is a difference between the two? And you've done A/B comparisons to prove your theory?
Dec 21, 2012
786 posts
201 upvotes
I just googled this and apparently the only difference is the packaging. They both have the same specs. I'm even more confused now. The only thing I can think of is that NE pulled a knockoff on us :lol:

The only way to find out is if someone buys the HD201 from FS or BB and compares the 2. I don't want to abuse the return policy. Have been doing that a lot lately because of boxing week and Christmas :D
Jan 17, 2008
250 posts
24 upvotes
Buy now think later failed us :( My ipod headphones sound better.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2003
2327 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
They're fine for <20$.

If you want happy go lucky colorful cans under 40$ go for the portapros. No isolation, .3x the mass.

These are decently accurate, which will surely incite a negative response from kids used to teeth rattling bass.

They're quite because you dont have sufficient amp output.

Ultimately I'll be taking my pairs back to Bb since they are too heavy and kink my neck after 3-4 hours.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
2086 posts
584 upvotes
Mississauga
Does anyone want my brand new not opened pair for cost? Found out they charge 15% restocking and I think that I got to pay shipping back not sure.
Dec 21, 2012
786 posts
201 upvotes
cheystar wrote: Does anyone want my brand new not opened pair for cost? Found out they charge 15% restocking and I think that I got to pay shipping back not sure.
I doubt you're gonna find anyone here willing to grab it from you. lol. A lot of people are trying to get rid of these now :D
Nov 27, 2009
933 posts
279 upvotes
cheystar wrote: Does anyone want my brand new not opened pair for cost? Found out they charge 15% restocking and I think that I got to pay shipping back not sure.
If not opened, you can get a full refund.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
11874 posts
24152 upvotes
Detour wrote: I doubt you're gonna find anyone here willing to grab it from you. lol. A lot of people are trying to get rid of these now :D
Just place an online ad... I sold my pair for $30.00! :)
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2010
1102 posts
350 upvotes
Montreal
I just opened them and set them up at work. Love the sound!

Great cans, for something <15$ you can't really beat this at all. Don't know why people aren't really enjoying them. I love them!

And I don't need to be worried about someone stealing them at work since I got an extra pair at home hehe.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
3960 posts
4703 upvotes
Victoria
To all the "experts" here, this is the response I received from Sennheiser Canada:

[QUOTE]Hello _____

The HD 201 (regular) comes in a box, where as the HD 201 S comes in a blister pack, thats the only difference.

Cheers[/QUOTE]
Dec 21, 2012
786 posts
201 upvotes
wongbr wrote: I just opened them and set them up at work. Love the sound!

Great cans, for something <15$ you can't really beat this at all. Don't know why people aren't really enjoying them. I love them!

And I don't need to be worried about someone stealing them at work since I got an extra pair at home hehe.
After reading this post, I decided to open them up.

For $15, this is a great pair. It's definitely not something I would use for my regular music listening, but it definitely gets the job done in terms of videos and movies. They are also very comfortable. Great headphones for $15. Glad I didn't sell em :D

I don't know what people are expecting for $15. If I paid $50, I would definitely be pissed. But at $15, come on :D