Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.com

Sennheiser HD201S Around-Ear Hi-fi Headphone $12.95 (shipped, reg $30)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2013 12:04 am
Tags:
None
Mar 15, 2012
68 posts
15 upvotes
I got my headphones today . I am surprised because initailly they said the item is in NJ but they delivered within 2 days . Anyways I am regretting buying this piece of garbage .... Its made of cheap plastic and sounds horrible . Even at full volume I can only hear about half the sound i usually hear with other headphones . These headphones looks and sounds like a cheap dollarama headphones .... I am confused about the reviews of these headphones . Either this one is not a genuine product or the people are crazy for the brand name without any reason . Monoprice 8323 are a million times better headphones than this POS .
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
2086 posts
584 upvotes
Mississauga
Man i hope that isn't the case. I bought 4 pairs of these :-/ one for me rest as gifts
jazra62 wrote: I got my headphones today . I am surprised because initailly they said the item is in NJ but they delivered within 2 days . Anyways I am regretting buying this piece of garbage .... Its made of cheap plastic and sounds horrible . Even at full volume I can only hear about half the sound i usually hear with other headphones . These headphones looks and sounds like a cheap dollarama headphones .... I am confused about the reviews of these headphones . Either this one is not a genuine product or the people are crazy for the brand name without any reason . Monoprice 8323 are a million times better headphones than this POS .
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
2086 posts
584 upvotes
Mississauga
I finally got them. The sound is ok and the build ain't cheap. Was kinda disappoint with the sound was expecting more. They are comparable to my mAxell Headphones. Also I need the volume to be close to full on my iPhone for the sound to be high enough. Could someone who has the hd 201 and hd201s compare the two. I have a spare one up for sale if anyone wants it.
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26752 posts
9315 upvotes
where I belong
cheystar wrote: I finally got them. The sound is ok and the build ain't cheap. Was kinda disappoint with the sound was expecting more. They are comparable to my mAxell Headphones. Also I need the volume to be close to full on my iPhone for the sound to be high enough. Could someone who has the hd 201 and hd201s come the two.
Aren't they EXACTLY the same, except the packaging?
My HD201 from Future Shop ($20) was in box, while HD201S comes in hard plastic/clear package
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
2086 posts
584 upvotes
Mississauga
yup they look the same I want to know if they sound the same. The reviews you read about the hd201 are really good but my HD201s I got doesn't live up to that.
jerryhung wrote: Aren't they EXACTLY the same, except the packaging?
My HD201 from Future Shop ($20) was in box, while HD201S comes in hard plastic/clear package
Mar 15, 2012
68 posts
15 upvotes
O Come on ... the sound is not even OK .... You can only listen the music , not good enough to enjoy the music . Try Monoprice 8323 , I love it .
Jan 17, 2008
250 posts
24 upvotes
jazra62 wrote: O Come on ... the sound is not even OK .... You can only listen the music , not good enough to enjoy the music . Try Monoprice 8323 , I love it .
Kinda disappointed as well. Was expecting to be blown away from all those Amazon reviews. Sounds alright for a $20-30 pair of headphones.
Dec 21, 2012
786 posts
201 upvotes
I only got these for watching movies/videos, not music. Will it do the trick? Should I open them up or sell?
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
2086 posts
584 upvotes
Mississauga
The pair which I opened up we kept for movies and gaming for my bro. The only reason is the extremely long cord. You need to crank the volume all the way up to listen optimally thats the problem which I have. For music I wouldn't recommend it. I have a sony DR-ZX301IP and Maxell AMPlified Heavy Bass Foldable Earcup Headphones. Both sound better than the Sennheiser HD201S. Surprisingly the maxell amplified which i got for $6 sound even better than the sony and sennheiser.
Detour wrote: I only got these for watching movies/videos, not music. Will it do the trick? Should I open them up or sell?
If you have other headphones I would sell these. If not then keep them as backups they aren't awful and I find them comfortable but as a main pair I wouldn't use them. I got 4 pairs one for myself, one for my bro and 2 for my friends. Gave one to a friend and opened one for my bro. The pair for myself I am planning to sell cause I have enough backups lol, and my friends pair am gonna ask him if he wants it or I will sell that too. I believe that the Sennheiser HD201 the one without the S do sound better I think Sennheiser cheaped out on the HD201S. I wish I had an HD201 to compare to the HD201s.
Troy_McClure wrote: damn not looking good, should i keep these lol?
Dec 21, 2012
786 posts
201 upvotes
cheystar wrote: The pair which I opened up we kept for movies and gaming for my bro. The only reason is the extremely long cord. You need to crank the volume all the way up to listen optimally thats the problem which I have. For music I wouldn't recommend it. I have a sony DR-ZX301IP and Maxell AMPlified Heavy Bass Foldable Earcup Headphones. Both sound better than the Sennheiser HD201S. Surprisingly the maxell amplified which i got for $6 sound even better than the sony and sennheiser.

If you have other headphones I would sell these. If not then keep them as backups they aren't awful and I find them comfortable but as a main pair I wouldn't use them. I got 4 pairs one for myself, one for my bro and 2 for my friends. Gave one to a friend and opened one for my bro. The pair for myself I am planning to sell cause I have enough backups lol, and my friends pair am gonna ask him if he wants it or I will sell that too. I believe that the Sennheiser HD201 the one without the S do sound better I think Sennheiser cheaped out on the HD201S. I wish I had an HD201 to compare to the HD201s.
Damn, they're that awful ey! I do have other proper headphones for music. Just bought this for movies and videos. I think it'll be hard to sell these on Kijiji. I just checked and there are enough ads for this same headphone. lol.

Now I'm thinking of jumping on the 428 deal @ NE.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
3960 posts
4703 upvotes
Victoria
Just arrived today and gave them a quick test with my iPod. Sound decent - definitely not as bad as some people here are making them out to be. I have lots of other/better headphones for music listening, but these were purchased with the sole purpose of watching movies late at night. I'll see if my Yamaha AVR can pump out enough volume for these.

Initial thoughts are they're very comfortable (not sure about prolonged wearing), lightweight, long cord. Not a bad deal for $15.
Dec 16, 2006
508 posts
102 upvotes
Picked up at Purolator today. Very disappointed, sound quality is so cheap. Can't believe that Sennheiser begin to make junk product .

My $2 Mirai (MI-HI-650) headphone have better sound than this one.
Mar 15, 2012
68 posts
15 upvotes
LOL@people who are justifying their purchase ... These heaphones are no better than dollarama headphones , so stop saying that the sound quality is alright for a 15 $ headphone ... and half of you are justifying by considering it a headphone for watching movies .... come on , Its a POS . Stop bragging about stupid well known brand . If i had not threw away the packaging before checking it , i would have returned it .
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
3960 posts
4703 upvotes
Victoria
LOL @ people comparing these to dollar store headphones:

http://www.headphone.com/selection-guid ... hd-201.php

"Just. Simply. Amazing! We have no idea how they did it, but the Sennheiser HD201 has blown the lid off all price-to-performance barriers at the extreme bargain end of the scale in the category of 'full-sized' sealed headphones. With a jaw-droppingly well-balanced, excellent sound at this nice price, you'll find the HD201 perfect for all sorts of great listening uses."
Dec 21, 2012
786 posts
201 upvotes
cooper83 wrote: LOL @ people comparing these to dollar store headphones:

"Just. Simply. Amazing! We have no idea how they did it, but the Sennheiser HD201 has blown the lid off all price-to-performance barriers at the extreme bargain end of the scale in the category of 'full-sized' sealed headphones. With a jaw-droppingly well-balanced, excellent sound at this nice price, you'll find the HD201 perfect for all sorts of great listening uses."
That's 201. This is 201S. Although they look identical, the reviews on this and the 201 are almost the complete opposite.
Mar 15, 2012
68 posts
15 upvotes
LOL .... man you are quoting a review of a different product . I am talking about HD201s not HD201 . Don`t Trust the brand , trust your ears man .

cooper83 wrote: LOL @ people comparing these to dollar store headphones:

Mar 15, 2012
68 posts
15 upvotes
Detour wrote: That's 201. This is 201S. Although they look identical, the reviews on this and the 201 are almost the complete opposite.
So true .
+1

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)