Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Visions Electronics

Sennheiser HD598 $148 @ Visions

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2014 11:42 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4920 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton

[Visions Electronics] Sennheiser HD598 $148 @ Visions

For anyone who missed the Amazon sale, Visions will be selling the Sennheiser HD598 for $148 - Boxing Day Sale goes live at 8:00 PM on the 24th.

They also give Air Miles.
44 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2012
2032 posts
242 upvotes
Berlin, Germany
Great now this gives scalpers opportunity to mark up prices even further.

I don't think it's worth more than $130 given it's build quality.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
1005 posts
744 upvotes
Ontario
Hopefully amazon puts these on sale again for boxing day
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
1594 posts
1295 upvotes
roggers wrote: Great now this gives scalpers opportunity to mark up prices even further.

What are you talking about? The build quality is quite good IMHO comparable to my DT880
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1443 posts
376 upvotes
Calgary
andersb wrote: What are you talking about? The build quality is quite good IMHO comparable to my DT880
Yeah, the build quality is excellent :?:
Pretty good deal though, well worth it at that if amazon doesn't have them on sale soonish for the $115. They have become my main headphones
Dec 21, 2014
8 posts
Quebec, QC
are there people who make a living from selling RFD deals on kijiji?
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2012
2032 posts
242 upvotes
Berlin, Germany
bomberman447 wrote: Yeah, the build quality is excellent :?:
Pretty good deal though, well worth it at that if amazon doesn't have them on sale soonish for the $115. They have become my main headphones
As with most standard headphone designs, the plastics may be good the day you buy them but can't expect them to hold for more than a year especially if they are not the perfect fit (as with most people since there is very little adjustability such features which come standard with almost all cans).

I am not saying they are bad, they are good but nothing spectacular.
Costanza wrote: are there people who make a living from selling RFD deals on kijiji?
Scalpers are selling it for $220 on Kijiji so potentially, yes.
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1378 upvotes
Kanata
roggers wrote: As with most standard headphone designs, the plastics may be good the day you buy them but can't expect them to hold for more than a year especially if they are not the perfect fit (as with most people since there is very little adjustability such features which come standard with almost all cans).
Hmmm, so why are my Sennheiser HD 515s holding up great after 5+ years of daily usage? I have what some would call a "pumpkinesque" head, so I definitely needed some adjustments, too.
How about we all stop talkin out of our arses and just stick with the deal at hand?
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2010
2301 posts
1422 upvotes
Montreal
roggers wrote: I don't think it's worth more than $130 given it's build quality.
:|
Jul 18, 2014
812 posts
1881 upvotes
Tillsonburg ON
are these good for gaming ?
Jul 19, 2012
60 posts
62 upvotes
MARKHAM
How much better are these compared to the HD558s
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2012
2032 posts
242 upvotes
Berlin, Germany
darkkinz wrote: How much better are these compared to the HD558s
Sound quality is definitely fantastic on both of them but, the HD598s do have an edge there. Guess it depends on the kind of music you listen to which there are mixed reviews about one over the other.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644108/sennhei ... the-hd-598

Both of them are on sale right now (or soon enough).
Apr 25, 2017
79 posts
33 upvotes
North Vancouver
I agree. I bought a couple to flip, from the Amazon.ca sale. Curiosity got the better of me so I opened one. I thought it was total junk, and the sound wasn't anywhere near the same league as my AKG K612's.
Banned
Jun 22, 2012
4737 posts
722 upvotes
Shhanada
roggers wrote: As with most standard headphone designs, the plastics may be good the day you buy them but can't expect them to hold for more than a year especially if they are not the perfect fit (as with most people since there is very little adjustability such features which come standard with almost all cans).

I am not saying they are bad, they are good but nothing spectacular.

Scalpers are selling it for $220 on Kijiji so potentially, yes.
I think your opinion is an outlier, as myself and many many many other Sennheiser owners have put ours through hell and back.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
6135 posts
1981 upvotes
Scarborough
Didn't buy it on Amazon for 115, so probably won't buy it here. Thanks for sharing though lol
Sep 17, 2012
430 posts
714 upvotes
Mississauga
Telling me it's In Store Only. What?!
Aug 29, 2009
669 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto
SurplusPlus wrote: I think your opinion is an outlier, as myself and many many many other Sennheiser owners have put ours through hell and back.
I've had a pair of HD555s since 2007, and aside from the plastic creaking, there are no cracks in any of the plastic. It's weird that people think plastic = cheap, when plastics are very malleable, especially the ones used in the HD598s.