Sports & Recreation

Sens Talk on RFD: Retool, Rebuild, RESURRECT!!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2022 10:11 am
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Mr. Robo wrote:

That's the best they could get for Karlsson. Plain dumb.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/ott ... se-sharks/
It seems like Melnyk really didn't want Karlsson going to the East and likely gave up significant negotiating power because of that. I really don't know why he'd care though, it's not like Ottawa is going to be competitive in the next 5 years so who cares if Karlsson goes to the East?

I wonder how much more he was offered at the trade deadline last year that he didn't take and its come back to bite him.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
3419 posts
2071 upvotes
GVRD
I was expecting a low return, but this was pretty bad. They didn't get a higher-tier prospect or dump Bobby Ryan's contract. I'm surprised that another team didn't beat San Jose's offer.

I don't understand the issue with trading him to East either, unless Melnyk/Dorion are under the delusion that this will be a quick rebuild. It's funny that they put in a clause adding a first round pick if Karlsson is traded to the East as a response to the Hoffman debacle.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12013 posts
4368 upvotes
Winnipeg
Is the owner trying to intentionally force a sale by tanking the team this season.Deepest sympathies to the sen fans.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
lead wrote: Is the owner trying to intentionally force a sale by tanking the team this season.Deepest sympathies to the sen fans.
Tanking the team without their own first round pick... Colorado must be so happy right now.
Aug 22, 2010
241 posts
113 upvotes
Ottawa is going to be at the bottom of the eastern conference for the next 10 years.
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18181 posts
14182 upvotes
Toronto
the mismanagement of the Sens is ridiculous.

The NHL should force Melnyk to sell.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1556 posts
1879 upvotes
Scarborough
How sad a fall from grace.

This team was a goal away from playing in the finals for the cup a couple of years ago, lead by the inspiring play of Karlsson, Anderson and some others playing amazing.

They lose their leader in not a good way how it played out. Ownership and management turning this team that had promise into a complete wreck.

Threatening to relocate the team if a new arena deal downtown can't be reached with the city.

They only built their arena just over a couple of decades ago, overlooking that being quite a ways from the city centre would add up through the years as a problem for fans having to go watch their team play.

Bad deals made, ugly handling of player/coach/management issues lead to the current sad state of affairs for this team.
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
Sid is joined by Jeff Marek to discuss the legacy of longtime Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk.

Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk dies at 62
Destiny is all
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
Senators Are Officially For Sale
https://www.forbes.com/sites/carolschra ... -for-sale/

Actor Ryan Reynolds confirmed interest in buying them (with a partner/consortium)

Ryan Reynolds confirms on The Tonight Show he is trying to buy the Ottawa Senators
The Deadpool star is from Vancouver, but he also grew up in Ottawa's Vanier neighbourhood
https://nationalpost.com/news/ryan-reyn ... a-senators

Destiny is all

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)