Sports & Recreation

Sens Talk on RFD: Retool, Rebuild, RESURRECT!!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2017 2:12 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
8575 posts
2748 upvotes
Ottawa
MoonDoggy wrote:
Feb 10th, 2011 1:11 pm
can't help to wonder if nashville really traded for fisher or underwood :o

can't help to wonder how much was in BM's white envelope. I mean of all the teams he could've been dealt to...why Nashville? Are we to believe none of the 19 other teams with a better pick wanted Fisher for a crapshoot 1st rounder? They won't get rid of that bum (BM) soon enough for my liking.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7795 posts
864 upvotes
Bwahahahahahahahahaha

"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
May 18, 2006
2832 posts
54 upvotes
Kanata
Winkle wrote:
Feb 10th, 2011 2:26 pm
Bwahahahahahahahahaha

Sad but funny. She's the bigger star for sure.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
5966 posts
30 upvotes
Ottawa
a-ok for the rebuild. bring it on.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
5966 posts
30 upvotes
Ottawa
Lovin' it...we're doing what we would should be doing...mlse, take notice...actually, the difference is, the leafs have no assets to trade, whereas we do....
Deal Addict
May 18, 2006
2832 posts
54 upvotes
Kanata
Maybe Anderson will be the goalie we need for a few years until Lehner is ready for his chance at #1. Elliott wasn't getting it done.
Nov 19, 2006
264 posts
skanji wrote:
Feb 18th, 2011 11:37 am
Lovin' it...we're doing what we would should be doing...mlse, take notice...actually, the difference is, the leafs have no assets to trade, whereas we do....
Well, if you're calling Elliot an asset, then the leafs are filled with "assets" too.

This trade was a good move for the Sens. For the life of me, I can't see what the Avs get out of it. In fact, with all these goalie injuries, I'm sure they could have gotten more for Anderson. I'm completely baffled.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16032 posts
785 upvotes
Niagara Falls
cdnNick wrote:
Feb 18th, 2011 11:42 am
Maybe Anderson will be the goalie we need for a few years until Lehner is ready for his chance at #1. Elliott wasn't getting it done.

That's fine, as long as Anderson plays like garbage on Saturday. The Sens need the loss and the Leafs need the win.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
3293 posts
1933 upvotes
North Vancouver
Anderson is a UFA and has been terrible this year. He was excellent last year in the playoffs, but they rushed him back from injury and hasn't been the same this year. He probably wasn't going to sign with Colorado anyhow, and Elliott probably has more potential than a late round pick.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16032 posts
785 upvotes
Niagara Falls
God this game is boring but it would be a lot better if Anderson would stop making saves. Edmonton won, so Sens need to loose!

Leafs need the points. Its win/win. You guys tank, us Leaf fans can actually thing we have a chance at making the playoffs after such a horrible game.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9489 posts
2803 upvotes
Ottawa
The Sens need to open the vault and address their perennial Achilles Heel i.e. goalie. They have not had a bona-fide No 1. goalie since the Dominator was in town and unfortunately we caught in near the tail end of his career. Obviously the Olympic controversies didn't help any matters.

At this point in time, I don't have the confidence in either Anderson or Lehner. Same as last year when I said the same thing for Elliott and Leclair.

If you look at the Top 3 teams in both conferences right now, they all have solid goaltending (to go with other pieces of the piece) and that is no coincidence.

Getting lost in this team's miserable campaign so far is the fact the small businesses are probably losing money as well. I used to go to Local's, Marshy's or the Oak with the boys to catch a game here and there and spent some money. Not this year and obviously not for the playoff. I have not attended a game at the Bank either. I am not a die-hard fan but I stick with the team through thick and thin and acknowledge the good times don't last forever but why should I spend my hard-earned dollars on this pathetic bunch? Watching them on TV is fine for me this year. Murray and Clouston both need to go at the end of the season. Melnyk said that he has a plan in place but whatever it is, it better works.
Atomy Korean Beauty Care/Health Care/Household products available in Ottawa.

Please contact for $-saving tips prior to purchasing Mattamy/Minto homes in Ottawa.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
5966 posts
30 upvotes
Ottawa
canabiz wrote:
Feb 20th, 2011 6:55 am
The Sens need to open the vault and address their perennial Achilles Heel i.e. goalie. They have not had a bona-fide No 1. goalie since the Dominator was in town and unfortunately we caught in near the tail end of his career. Obviously the Olympic controversies didn't help any matters.

At this point in time, I don't have the confidence in either Anderson or Lehner. Same as last year when I said the same thing for Elliott and Leclair.

If you look at the Top 3 teams in both conferences right now, they all have solid goaltending (to go with other pieces of the piece) and that is no coincidence.

Getting lost in this team's miserable campaign so far is the fact the small businesses are probably losing money as well. I used to go to Local's, Marshy's or the Oak with the boys to catch a game here and there and spent some money. Not this year and obviously not for the playoff. I have not attended a game at the Bank either. I am not a die-hard fan but I stick with the team through thick and thin and acknowledge the good times don't last forever but why should I spend my hard-earned dollars on this pathetic bunch? Watching them on TV is fine for me this year. Murray and Clouston both need to go at the end of the season. Melnyk said that he has a plan in place but whatever it is, it better works.

I'm okay with not having a #1 goalie, although how can Lehner and Anderson possibly be worse than Leclaire and Elliot??

Agreed on the support, although ticket sales are still good despite what you or I may think: http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

I can imagine that businesses may be going through a hard time, but that has just as much to do with the economy as anything else. People still have entertainment money to spend, but aren't doing it at the hockey game and maybe a movie or something else.

Going through a rebuilding phase is great to see which fans are your die hards...and getting rid of the dead weight fans. ;)

This team will be back, and I don't begrudge Melnyk for stepping back the next couple of years for salary spending and saying let's rebuild through the kids...I get to keep 40 million over the next 2 years and spend it once we get more competitive.

A-ok with me. It's Melnyk's team - he's earned the right.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel