Separation Agreement Help
The problem is they are both low income earners, they can't afford to hire 2 lawyers to take care of this separation and to draft an agreement. Is there anyway low income earners can get some legal advice? At least bare minimum for someone to hear the 2 situations and help determine what would actually be a fair agreement?
If its 50/50 custody with similar incomes who pays?
If both want to stay in the house, who leaves?
Some basic info on their situation if by some chance someone has gone through this before....
- Mother used 40K saved before the marriage to purchase the house, house was purchased after they were married.
- Cannot come to an agreement on the amount the person would need to pay the other to buy them out of the house (only $40k in equity in the home)
- Both low income earners but husband does make more
- Agreement was husband watches kids in the AM, mother in the PM.
- Husband won't leave the house, feels the mother and the kids should leave.
- Documented proof the husband doesn't actually want 50/50 custody, but belief is maintaining the claim to help better the position of keeping the house and not having to pay.