Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 22, 2002
380 posts
18 upvotes
North Vancouver

setting up deal alerts on key words...

Not "new" to the forums, but tried looking how to do this and couldn't find anything. Is this possible?

Thanks!
9 replies
Aug 25, 2012
7 posts
3 upvotes
How do I search combination of keywords with "OR"/"AND" ... so pick up any posts that include word1 or word2
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15172 posts
2087 upvotes
Toronto
Do we have this or no? I'm thinking if I got an e-mail or PM every time there was a topic created with the term I saved ... that'd be nice :D
RedFlagDeals addict
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
10653 posts
17223 upvotes
Scarborough
DaVibe wrote:
Feb 20th, 2018 4:19 pm
Do we have this or no? I'm thinking if I got an e-mail or PM every time there was a topic created with the term I saved ... that'd be nice :D
You mean and/or logic for alerts? No that doesn't currently exist and isn't in our plans for the feature moving forward.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15172 posts
2087 upvotes
Toronto
an2one wrote:
Oct 31st, 2012 1:17 pm
http://www.redflagdeals.com/alerts/
I'm going to try this, I wasn't familiar with this feature.

I have alerts set up on eBay that when new items get listed (using my terms), I get emailed about it immediately.
I think the same type of same (email or PM) could be useful, for the deal hunting crowd who misses deals (or feels they might).

Even though I'm on here daily, I still miss stuff, all the time.
RedFlagDeals addict
Apr 18, 2012
62 posts
16 upvotes
Saint-Jean-Sur-Riche…
OK, that's the info I was looking for (i.e. that searches arguments/ operators do not exist).

So if I want to make sure I do not miss a deal on a laser color printer, I'd better make 2 alerts: one with "laser color printer" and one with "Laser colour printer" isn't ?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
10653 posts
17223 upvotes
Scarborough
cotesyl wrote:
Feb 24th, 2018 11:16 am
So if I want to make sure I do not miss a deal on a laser color printer, I'd better make 2 alerts: one with "laser color printer" and one with "Laser colour printer" isn't ?
Personally I'd suggest just adding "laser printer" as colour/color might not always be listed (even if it is one). If you're getting too many alerts you can try adding individual alerts for colour/color instead.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].