• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2019 4:41 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1536 posts
981 upvotes
GTA
death_hawk wrote: You're thinking of OpenVPN AS which is the out of box product that OpenVPN sells (and this is their "trial" of)

OpenVPN Server (as in the server for OpenVPN community) has no client limits.
TeateaM wrote: Even better then.
I would recommend Wireguard over OpenVPN because of OpenVPN single thread limit and easier setup.

You still ignored the fact that the "IT team" is a husband with probably low knowledge of setting up complicated setups.
This is why I recommend zero-tier which requires almost zero-knowledge to set up.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2005
5701 posts
3662 upvotes
GTA
MadCanadian wrote: I would recommend Wireguard over OpenVPN because of OpenVPN single thread limit and easier setup.
WireGuard is great. I've moved over to it from OpenVPN for almost all of my setups. I think the only thing is it doesn't have an official windows client yet. It's being worked on but the only one available is third party at the moment.
Dec 21, 2016
11 posts
4 upvotes
All i can say is, you guys are super helpful thank you. I will try some of these suggestions.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8718 posts
1069 upvotes
Scarborough
Pi-hole/PiVpn on Raspber Pi. It is easy to setup and under $100.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6913 posts
5816 upvotes
Burlington
or you can just setup port-forwarding on the work router to the server, opening a port on that network, then use Remote Desktop at home to connect.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)