Off Topic

Settle an argument plz

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2013 5:29 pm
Tags:
None

Poll: Who is out of line?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4000 posts
297 upvotes
You may not care either way whether you guys eat out or in, but don't you care about what your wife wants? You made her feel like the singular person who wants to go out.

You're wrong.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7024 posts
530 upvotes
Wife always wins arguments. Even without that logic, you're in the wrong. You told your brother-in-law that YOU would call him, you as in you, not as in your wife.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
3429 posts
708 upvotes
Calgary
Mr.Sea wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 6:28 pm
You wife wanted a night out. You didn't stick up for her. You should have.
To add to this, OP when was the last time that you took your wife on a night out?

Women don't think with reason, they think with emotions. She's trying to tell you something.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1423 posts
60 upvotes
I don't know how the OP is still married. You have to support your wife's wishes.

In marriage, the man can see with the eyes but the woman controls the neck.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
7980 posts
1182 upvotes
London
EchoAngel911 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 10:39 pm
I don't know how the OP is still married. You have to support your wife's wishes.

In marriage, the man can see with the eyes but the woman controls the neck.
The man is the head of the house, but the woman is the neck... and the neck turns the head.
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2005
13901 posts
918 upvotes
Thornhill
The way women argue, you just wish you were dead. They are much more blunt in the way they say things in disagreements. Once my wife complained that I was "too logical" when we were debating something... at first I took that as a compliment.

(begin serious stuff)

Anyway, back on topic, you're wrong. You deal with your side, she deals with hers. A couple forms a unified decision together, and presents it to everyone else.

(end serious stuff)

And if it were any other way, you're still wrong because that's what she said.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
Conquistador wrote:
Jul 1st, 2016 1:07 pm
It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you. :facepalm:
RFD discounts for Schluter products/
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2005
13901 posts
918 upvotes
Thornhill
Ottomaddox wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 10:41 pm
The man is the head of the house, but the woman is the neck... and the neck turns the head.
LOL

Toula Portokalos: Ma, Dad is so stubborn. What he says goes. "Ah, the man is the head of the house!"
Maria Portokalos: Let me tell you something, Toula. The man is the head, but the woman is the neck. And she can turn the head any way she wants.

-- My Big Fat Greek Wedding
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
Conquistador wrote:
Jul 1st, 2016 1:07 pm
It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you. :facepalm:
RFD discounts for Schluter products/
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2004
6704 posts
45 upvotes
BongoBong wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 5:58 pm
Well I would expect my girlfriend to do the communicating with her family if we were setting something up with them. Why couldn't you call them up and tell them? It's your family that you were setting this stuff up with.
Bingo. Plus your wife wanted to go out and it's not being supportive to her feelings when she was excited looking forward to a fun night out and away from the kids. Telling her to call them herself is not supporting her. Who's side are you on anyways?
Innovatively Silent. :cool:

My Heatware (68-0-0) is under: Cafe_333

TR-Ultra120@TLF-S12-EW / Accelero S1 / Convection Spreaders
TLF-S12-EW@case / SP-FC70-BL / 5&7V / 120&PSU Vibration Gaskets
UC-A3FATR2-B / S12-430 / Precut Sonata Acoustic Dampeners
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
7397 posts
558 upvotes
OP. It didn't take much to make the wife happy. It will be easy to turn down brother in law.

Remember. You don't sleep beside your brother in law every night. Happy wife. Happy life.
Feb 12, 2008
996 posts
107 upvotes
Wow I'm surprised at how many people are willing to now down to the wife's tantrum. What's the guy to do? Call them back and say that he checked with his wife and she doesn't want to stay in? Then she would be mad at him for making her look bad.

If the wife was considerate, she would go with the flow. Just my opinion.
iownyou wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2012 7:43 pm
U should spend 1000bucks a year on fixing your brain....
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
3429 posts
708 upvotes
Calgary
tsxnation wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 11:42 pm
Wow I'm surprised at how many people are willing to now down to the wife's tantrum. What's the guy to do? Call them back and say that he checked with his wife and she doesn't want to stay in? Then she would be mad at him for making her look bad.

If the wife was considerate, she would go with the flow. Just my opinion.
The wife was hoping for a night out. A compromise could have easily been reached where they go for take out with the brother in law, and then the OP and the wife has a night out the night after. Getting a woman's hopes up by planning to go to a nice restaurant, then to get rid of those hopes for cheap 'take out' is a sure fire way of making the woman feel miserable.
My wife is all excited as it's been a while since we've been out for dinner (we have 2 small children).
Quoted from the OP so people get what the real issue is here.
Banned
Sep 26, 2012
190 posts
9 upvotes
Firebot wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 12:04 am
The wife was hoping for a night out. A compromise could have easily been reached where they go for take out with the brother in law, and then the OP and the wife has a night out the night after. Getting a woman's hopes up by planning to go to a nice restaurant, then to get rid of those hopes for cheap 'take out' is a sure fire way of making the woman feel miserable.

Quoted from the OP so people get what the real issue is here.
Not just a woman. If you tell me we're going out, and I get all prepared and ready for it, and then say no, let's stay with the kids and grandparents even though this was the only opportunity to get a break from the kids, well I'd be pissed off too. And the husband not wanting to go out signals he doesn't care to spend some time with the wife in a "couples only" setting without the kids, which signals deeper problems to the wife.

All around, a total failure on part of OP. Total disaster. She should cash her chips out before it's too late.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
7467 posts
599 upvotes
Toronto
You're in the wrong. You should be the gateway of communication to your family when it involves anything that requires a decision or can result in potential friction.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2011
5201 posts
727 upvotes
Scarbs
It doesn't matter who's right or wrong, your wife is going to win in the end.
× < >